17th September 2011, 03:57 PM
kumarrishi

How much marks are required for admission in top institutes like IIT and NIT?

How much marks is required for admission in top institues like IIT & NIT..
Thank you.

12th October 2011, 04:00 PM
anand5409

Default Re: How much marks are required for admission in top institutes like IIT and NIT?

Dear friend,
IIT and NIT is top institutes in India which provides B.Tech in various branch. procedure to get admission in both is different.
IIT-JEE which is conducted by different IIT every year to get admission in 13 IITs , ISM Dhanbad and IT-BHU Varanasi.
to get admission in NIT there is an another exam AIEEE conducted by CBSE. AIEEE is conducted to get admission in one of the 30 NITs and many government and private college in India.
Eligibility criteria to seat in IIT-JEE is passed/appeard 12th minimum of 60%. you will have to score under 5000 to get good branch in IIT.
Eligibility to seat in AIEEE is passed/appeared 12th. you will have to score under 10000 to get good NIT.
Best Of Luck
29th April 2012, 08:03 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How much marks are required for admission in top institutes like IIT and NIT?

Hi

IIT's are the Indian Institutes of Technology and they are the top technical institutes in India.

NIT's are also considered as the finest institutions in India.

The Basic ELIGIBILITY Criteria to take up B.Tech course in these colleges are :-

1. You should be a minimum 12th pass from science stream to take up Engineering.

2. You must have scored at least 60% aggregate in your 12th boards exams.

3. For the IIT's you have to clear IIT JEE Entrance exam and for the NIT's you have to clear AIEEE.

Thus once you go through these then you can take admission in any of the IITs and NIT's.

The most important factor is that you have to be within the cut off marks. I.E You have to score as high as you can in both IIT JEE and the AIEEE.

In your board exams you would have to score more than 60% marks and in the entrances you have to score enough to clear the Cut off marks in both the IIT JEE and AIEEE.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
10th June 2012, 10:42 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: How much marks are required for admission in top institutes like IIT and NIT?

Dear candidate,

The minimum marks required by a candidate to get admission in NITs and IITs is called cutoff marks. It keeps on changing every year. It is different in every year's paper.

For example,
In the year 2012, IIT-JEE cutoff marks were 187 (for GEN category).
25th June 2012, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much marks are required for admission in top institutes like IIT and NIT?

i have scored 234 rank in bhu for mca can i get admission in bhu
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?