15th April 2010, 06:32 PM
shreya g

How to prepare for common aptitude test for english (h)d.u.? last year CATE papers?

i wish to know about how to prepare for common aptitude test for english (h)d.u. and please send me last year's CATE paper too.

19th April 2010, 03:12 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for common aptitude test for english (h)d.u.? last year CATE papers?

For preparing CATE
One should have good command on literature ie. the grammar part should be very strong.
Apart from that the revision of CBSE english syllabus of the board examination would be good.
The application starts in the last weke of may or june. There are around 12 colleges offering admission in English honours.
Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
Kamla Nehru College
Hindu College
Indraprastha College
Maharaja Agrasen College
Ram Lal Anand (evening)
Shyamlal College
Shivaji College
Zakir Hussain College
Zakir Hussain College (E)
Swami Shraddhanand College
Satyawati (E)

Thank You
26th April 2010, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for common aptitude test for english (h)d.u.? last year CATE papers?

WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF QUESTIONS ASKED IN CATE?ALL OBJ??PLZ HELP

\NEEL
3rd May 2010, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

plz send me previous year cate questions.....
4th May 2010, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

5th May 2010, 01:52 AM
edward
Top Answerer

the best method for preparing for the exam is to solve lots of previous year question paper so that you can have a rough idea about the paper pattern and at the time of solving those papers you will get to know how much time you need to solve the paper............so just download the papers and solve then nicely............

you can give a online test for it on mentioned below link :-

cat.jumbotests.com/tests/common-admission-test-question-papers

all the best
5th May 2010, 12:17 PM
satishkomer

You can download free paper from this link.
http://www.onestopmba.com/downloads/cat.asp

http://www.coolavenues.com/mbasp/cat03.pdf
9th May 2010, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

when is the entrance test for english hons ?
9th May 2010, 11:27 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

you can take the papers from
http://cat.jumbotests.com/tests/common-admission-test-question-papers
9th May 2010, 11:32 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Quote:
when is the entrance test for english hons ?
the dates for the exams have not been released yet
18th May 2010, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

The links provided here give previous years questions of CAT,so does that meandat the english aptitude test for CAT and CAte are similar?Also are there any questions from the CBSE textbooks forr class 12th?
20th May 2010, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO GET ENG.HONS IN J.U KOLKATA SO I WANT TO KNOW HOW I WILL PREPARER FOR THE ENTRANCE TEST
21st May 2010, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

plzzz tel best books for the prepration of CATE Eng. HONS test(DU)
22nd May 2010, 03:30 AM
Unregistered

is cat and cate both same??
22nd May 2010, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

WHAT CAN BE TESTED IN CATE ENTRANCE EXAM?
22nd May 2010, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

pls tell me from where can i get CATE papers of last year?????
24th May 2010, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Pls tell me from where i get last year question paper for CATE?
28th May 2010, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE TELL ME FROM WHERE I WILL GET LAST YEAR QUESTION PAPERS OF 'CATE '
29th May 2010, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

with 2009 cate exam papers can we submite the application form of cate on saturday
29th May 2010, 09:33 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

solve lots of previous year question paper so that you can have a rough idea about the paper pattern and at the time of solving those papers you will get to know how much time you need to solve the paper,the grammar part should be very strong.
29th May 2010, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

can u suggest some books for CATE prep.is anything asked from 12th syllabus also
30th May 2010, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

sir please send me previous yrs question papers of CATE exam.
5th June 2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for the preparations of cate exam for english honours under delhi university
7th June 2010, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

which book should i prefer for the questions?
8th June 2010, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

can we have last year's sample paper for cate?
8th June 2010, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

wat type questions wud be coming under CATE entrance exam
19th July 2010, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

I have to give B.A English honours third year exam in 2011 may. Am I eligible to give CATE for M.A English honors in delhi university.
20th July 2010, 12:16 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi
you can get the previous year question paper from the following site
http://www.onestopmba.com/downloads/cat.asp

http://www.coolavenues.com/mbasp/cat03.pdf
26th August 2010, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

i m pursuing b.a in english with psychology as subsidiary subject can i do m.a in psychology plz reply
16th November 2010, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

can i have last year question paper of CATE?
21st November 2010, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

i want to know that the entrance test for engish hons and the cate test is same. and i am doing 12th from harayana board of education,so will it effect to take the admission in DU bcoz i think that CBSE students take more adhrance than HBSE students. i also want to know that is their any book from which we can prepare for entrance test ?plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz rply me as soon as possible
4th January 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

any institute that can help me to get through this test?
28th March 2011, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

i jus gave my 12th boards exm cbse? i want to do eng .h .wat to knw how to prepare 4 d entrance exam?
29th March 2011, 01:02 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Hi,
For preparing CATE
One should have good command on literature ie. the grammar part should be very strong.
Apart from that the revision of CBSE english syllabus of the board examination would be good.
The application starts in the last weke of may or june. There are around 12 colleges offering admission in English honours.
Kamla Nehru College
Hindu College
Indraprastha College
Maharaja Agrasen College
Ram Lal Anand (evening)
Shyamlal College
Shivaji College
Zakir Hussain College
Satyawati (E)

Thank
6th April 2011, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... ...........................send me cate sample papers.
6th April 2011, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for english hon. entrance exam in jadavpur university?
6th April 2011, 10:09 PM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreya g View Post
i wish to know about how to prepare for common aptitude test for english (h)d.u. and please send me last year's CATE paper too.
dear friend..
aptitude test mainly depend upon your practice...
practicing more an more will make you professional in it ...
for this you can refer to following books mentioned below
ultimate aptitude tests by jim barett, james barrett..

preview is give below..

(http://books.google.co.in/books?id=kZQqILnhR3EC&pg=PA5&dq=aptitude+test+for+ english&hl=en&ei=2IecTcCoDMOJrAfc_oCMCg&sa=X&oi=bo ok_result&ct=book-thumbnail&resnum=1&ved=0CEkQ6wEwAA#v=onepage&q=apt itude%20test%20for%20english&f=false)

or else any others comparative exam aptitude books....

all the best
15th April 2011, 01:51 AM
mallik sing

dont get confused. u can call my guide at 9810752340. superb teacher.will thank me for this.
9th May 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

I want to get admisson in jadavpur wid english honours,how to prepare for the entrance exams plzzzzzz inform
10th May 2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreya g View Post
hello... this is vrinda.. and i am really confused about my preparations for CATE examination... i would really be obliged if u would help me telling the syllabus in detail... i wana make up in english.. so plzzz do reply... send me a mail on yahoo if possible... my id is- [email protected]
waiting for ur reply...
15th May 2011, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Post Re: How to prepare for common aptitude test for english (h)d.u.? last year CATE papers?

I want to prepare for DU CATE 2011, plz send me last three years question papers.
24th May 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

what type of questions are asked in part A (MCQ part) of the entrance test for English honors ??? and are they related to our cbse course of 12th board ???
26th May 2011, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

PLZZZZZ EXPLAIN ME ABOUT SECTION-A OF CATE QUESTION PAPER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
27th May 2011, 03:37 AM
Unregistered

I M COMMERCE STUDENTS....N I WANT TO DO ENGLISH(H).......SO PLZ TELL ME THAT WHICH SUBJECTS I SHOULD COUNT WHILE CALCULATING BEST FOUR????
.... MY SUBJECTS ARE ENG,ECO,BUSINESS.St,ACC,PHYSICAL.Edu & MATS..........
"Please reply as soonest............Thank you"........
30th May 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

I AM A COMMERCE STUDENT AND HAVE SECURED 91 MARKS IN ENGLISH ...I AM PERSUING ENGLISH (H) THROUGH CATE EXAMS SOO CAN U TELL ME THAT HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR THE ENTRANCE TEST OF CATE.....................PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ..................THANK YOU
2nd June 2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: How to prepare for common aptitude test for english (h)d.u.? last year CATE papers?

no cat n cate r diferent/... cate means common prpfiency test for english... in short eng. hnrs 4m du..
2nd June 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hello... This is vrinda.. And i am really confused about my preparations for cate examination... I would really be obliged if u would help me telling the syllabus in detail... I wana make up in english.. So plzzz do reply... Send me a mail on yahoo if possible... My id is- [email protected]
waiting for ur reply...
hey 1st of ol u dun need 2 worry bou dis xam.its not gona b dat tuf.its just 2 test ur eng skills dat u,v aquierd till class 12. Ur grammar shud b real gud n just keep note of few famous authors n poets n dr works.composition s dere 2 test ur writng skills.dun b tnsd bou it n b quick.dats ol.....ul do welll 4 sure.........nothn 2 wory bou.................
28th July 2011, 11:34 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

For preparing CATE
Kamla Nehru College
Hindu College
Indraprastha College
Maharaja Agrasen College
Ram Lal Anand (evening)
Shyamlal College
Shivaji College
Zakir Hussain College
Satyawati (E)

Thanks
10th September 2011, 10:10 AM
intuileni

Default Can you help me please,...?

Tell me i'm a good person
my favorite set of numbers 187209458340011
2nd December 2011, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

I m vry determined about clearing cate so pls help me. m really confused about dis. plzzzz mail me last year ques papers on my i.d. [email protected] . also give me some guidelines to study. i will b vry obliged to u....:(
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?