19th June 2012, 11:57 AM
!ivya ahuja

How to prepare for the Entrance Exam of M.Sc in Physics?

I am doing b.sc(phy hons) sem-5 ..i want to know how i can prepare for the enterance examination of m.sc in physic ..what is the syllabus

10th July 2012, 08:18 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for the Entrance Exam of M.Sc in Physics?

You should prepare for the M.Sc Physics entrance exam on the basis of pattern and structure of the exam. The topic areas that will be covered in this exam will be mainly from B.Sc Physics course level. You should be thorough with the subject studied in B.Sc level. As part of preparation you should refer model question papers. Also mock tests should also be attended. As a result of this, you will be able to perform better in this exam and also have a rough idea about the exam pattern.
3rd June 2017, 09:36 PM
Aafreen Kausher

Default Re: How to prepare for the Entrance Exam of M.Sc in Physics?

Don't panic! You just have to follow two steps: Understand and Solve.
1. understand the concept
2. solve different types of questions.

Msc physics consists of MCQ type questions, you have to choose the right answer and there will be negative marking for wrong answer(in some entrance exams). Just be focused with syllabus of Bsc Physics.

Generally questions are asked from these topics:

Gravitation

Simple harmonic motion

Thermodynamics

Wave motion

Thermometry

Motion in 1D, 2D and 3D

work, power and energy

elasticity surface tension

wave motion

matter waves

semi conducting devices

radio-activity

nuclear structure and nuclear energy

electromagnetic induction

optics

Hope This Helps!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?