1st September 2011, 11:57 AM
varma12345

How to prepare for Maths for IIT-JEE Exam?

Iam in class 11 and basically iam poor maths so please recommed me the best way to prepare maths for IIT JEE

1st September 2011, 04:35 PM
kameshsriram

Default Re: How to prepare for Maths for IIT-JEE Exam?

hi friend,

to prepare for iit-jee maths, goto through the concepts well and make then clear frist.

then goto save problems on that concept and get confidence

i prefer the books:

R.D.SHARMA,

TMH,

ARIHANT SERIES
27th February 2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

I have just passed my class 11th.....n it was not so got...my concepts are also not clear and i want to clear IIT anyhow...please help me...n suggest me...what should I do....i still have time period of more than 1 year...i have to clear my 12th evn with good result...please suggest me method to prepare for IIT?
27th February 2012, 06:04 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for Maths for IIT-JEE Exam?

Hi

Maths is one of the most important subjects of all times. In every class we studied in, Maths has always been a part of our course.

So with this itself, we can understand the importance of Mathematics.

Now in IIT JEE exam, which is the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination, the IIT's conduct this exam to select candidates for the B.Tech programs in the various IIT campuses all across India.

Now speaking of the course of Maths which is to be covered for the IIT JEE exam, all the chapters which are taught comprehensively in Class 11th and 12th are to be done for IIT JEE.

Out of them, some of the most important chapters are : Calculus (Both Differential and Integral), Limits, 3D Geometry, Probability, Relations and Functions, Differential Equations.

If you are preparing for the IIT JEE, what I would recommend you is that you should join some good coaching like Bansal, Resonance, Brilliants, Narayana etc so that you can get a continuous guidance in terms of course, types of questions, patterns etc..

Otherwise you should first of all practice the maximum from the two NCERT Books which is given by the CBSE. They are totally based on the basic concepts.

After that you can go on to buy some of the books posted in this link. Click Here to visit it.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
27th February 2012, 07:11 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

hai friends
first prepare yourselves mentally for IIT - JEE we call it manas in Hindi and mentally getting on english
we say well begun is half done so prepare your self mentally before going ahead with it

Do continuous effort - Recurring effort is required to achieve IITJEE, put in all your effort continuously and you will sure clear IITJEE

Have proper guidance - The next good step to be followed includes walking on the right path which means studying under the right guidance. Get some good experts guide you on the preparation

Prepare good Notes: Whatever you read should be there as a recap to keep things clicking to your mind regularly. Good notes always help you understand the way your mind understands so read/listen through others and write/make notes yourself

http://www.100percentile.com/iitjee
27th February 2012, 07:14 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

hai friends
first prepare yourselves mentally for IIT - JEE we call it manas in Hindi and mentally getting on english
we say well begun is half done so prepare your self mentally before going ahead with it

Do continuous effort - Recurring effort is required to achieve IITJEE, put in all your effort continuously and you will sure clear IITJEE

Have proper guidance - The next good step to be followed includes walking on the right path which means studying under the right guidance. Get some good experts guide you on the preparation

Prepare good Notes: Whatever you read should be there as a recap to keep things clicking to your mind regularly. Good notes always help you understand the way your mind understands so read/listen through others and write/make notes yourself

http://www.100percentile.com/iitjee
27th February 2012, 07:23 PM
arpitachouksey

He,there are no one is poor in math,there are only matter of less interest so improve your interest in maths and try to give more time to that subject ,so your command in maths will improve.And after some time you start love maths,because you will know about every concept of that ,so your fear will reduce and then you start enjoying of that one.Best of Luck
27th February 2012, 08:11 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Mathematics is one of the best and most interesting subjects in any students life. For any competitive examination like science talent , I.I.T. , J.E.E. , A.I.E.E.E. etc. mathematics is one of the biggest part in these examination. Here most important portation is mathematics. Except this subject there are a few subjects like Physics and chemistry which are equally same value in such kind of competitive examination.
As for example in I.I.T. J.E.E. exam if you see the format in marks distribution then you can see that 100 marks is allotted for Mathematics and rest 50 marks is allotted for both
Physics and Chemistry. So here you can easily find out the importance of Mathematics.

How To Prepare :-

Please follow the following guidelines ::

1. Maintain a time table
2. Work hard
3. Don't leave any chapter
4. Study all these chapter very well
5. Take a valuable guideline from books and as well as coaching centers
6. Practice carefully
7. Attend test series of multiple type question.

If you do all the above things very well then I am sure you will be succeed.

~regaeds~
priyo
27th February 2012, 08:15 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Mathematics is one of the best and most interesting subjects in any students life. For any competitive examination like science talent , I.I.T. , J.E.E. , A.I.E.E.E. etc. mathematics is one of the biggest part in these examination. Here most important portation is mathematics. Except this subject there are a few subjects like Physics and chemistry which are equally same value in such kind of competitive examination.
As for example in I.I.T. J.E.E. exam if you see the format in marks distribution then you can see that 100 marks is allotted for Mathematics and rest 50 marks is allotted for both
Physics and Chemistry. So here you can easily find out the importance of Mathematics.

How To Prepare :-

Please follow the following guidelines ::

1. Maintain a time table
2. Work hard
3. Don't leave any chapter
4. Study all these chapter very well
5. Take a valuable guideline from books and as well as coaching centers
6. Practice carefully
7. Attend test series of multiple type question.

If you do all the above things very well then I am sure you will be succeed.

~regaeds~
priyo
27th February 2012, 08:29 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
First of all, whenever somebody has any ambition or aim to do something, he or she should be confident to do that thing, means never lose HOPE.
FOR IIT-JEE: For the preparation of IIT-JEE, you have to clear & enhance your CONCEPTS. All you have to go through more and more CONCEPTS.
Whenever somebody prepares for IIT-JEE, just always be with THREE THINGS:
First is: BUILDING THE CONCEPTS,
Second is: PROPER APPLICATIONS OF CONCEPTS
Third is: PRACTICE.
Here remember, I stressed on the word 'PROPER'. In Physics, building CONCEPTS is not a tougher job but building RIGHT (PROPER) CONCEPTS is much tougher. Out of every 20 students, I guarantee, that there is only one or two students who know the RIGHT CONCEPT about a particular topic. So I would like to say that don't think Physics is a tougher subject. REMEMBER one morething if I prefer even a single book, so it means you have to go through each & every line of that book starting from first page till you encounter the last page. There is no use of doing a lot of books only for one subject without getting any point. I saw a lot of students having their own library at their home. But as far PRACTICE is concerned, do whatever you get from anywhere. Whereas in case of Chemistry, just you need to put your efforts on PRACTICE in case of Inorganic Chemistry. In case of Organic part, just first build up your all BASIC Reactions, then start do PRACTICING. And for Physical Part, same thing you have to do as in case of Organic Part. For Maths (My favourite Subject), just use your brain as much as you can. Ultimately for preparation of any exam, remember some points:
1) Always start from BASICS because "without base, there will be no altitude" and "journey of a thousand miles begin with single step".
2) Always BUILD UP RIGHT & APPROPRIATE BASICS because "once the track of train is being changed, it will go on only that track". So alwaysselect the right track.
3) Never prefer solutions of questions before doing SELF-ATTEMPT at least five times till you get the right answer because "without fall you can not stand at once".
4) Never leave the question in between. And I saw a lot of students practicing this question without attempting it whole, and it's a very big fault for students and even it becomes their negative point sometimes. So please ignore this thing. Because "many of life's failure are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up"
5) Always try a question with CONCEPTUAL APPROACH, not just read the question then start doing without getting the point that what question is saying.
6) Your study schedule should be such that you will even easily get the time for a little enjoyment daily.
7) Most important thing is that you should be having a time schedule as well as REGULARITY in study.
8) Also you will have to take appropriate sleep orrest of at least 6 hours a day if you are preparing for IIT-JEE otherwise your mind set-up for next day will not be in place.
9) Never cram the things, always TRY TO UNDERSTAND the problem or theory.
10) And BE CONFIDENT while you are preparing. NEVER LOSE CONFIDENCE.
11) Always keep contact with intelligent students of your class or at coaching centre.
12) For your brain storming, I always preferred MTG publications monthly magazine in maths part.
13) Always be AHEAD in exams like-OLYMPIAD, UNIFIED COUNCIL etc. Etc. (for more information-contact me)
14) Always keep the copy of latest syllabus for particular exam. Always check the syllabus before starting a new topic.
15) NEVER GET DEMORALIZED BY SOMEBODY but yes ALWAYS GET INSPIRED FROM SOMEBODY WHO IS YOUR SENIOR. (If you want, contact me)
16) I have a positive point i.e. once I set a goal, then I don't look at anything else, I just KEEP DETERMINATION in me until or unless I ACHIEVE THAT GOAL.
17) Whenever you complete any chapter or particular topic, first of all, go through that topic from NCERT. (It's very important).
18) There is one more thing, whenever you are studying just be CONCENTRATE on that thing so badly, so that you even don't know what is happening your nearby. Because studying 2 hours with DAMN GOOD CONCENTRATION is equalsto studying 5-12 hours without any concentration.
19) Always study anything with GREAT INTEREST otherwise it will be of NO USE.
20) Even there are some students who think that they can nod prepare for IIT-JEE like EXAMS. So if they think so, then they are wrong. Because"ATTITUDE, NOT APTITUDE DETERMINES ALTITUDE".
At last prefer books for preparation of IIT-JEE mathematics subject:
* MATHS: R.D.SHARMA (for theory and practice) and PURUSHOTTEM KUMAR-OBJECTIVE (it must be for practice)
All the best
27th February 2012, 08:33 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IIT JEE
Then you should go through these books.
These books are really good for preparation.

LIST OF BOOKS :

For more details you can see these attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf How_to_start_Preparation_For_IIT_JEE.PDF(102.3 KB, 244 views)
File Type: pdf iitjee.pdf(1.95 MB, 270 views)
27th February 2012, 09:35 PM
vinod90ece
Member+

As you said that you are in 11th class so its naturally your weakness in maths. Since most of the students face this problem. But if you want to crack IIT-JEE and you have problem in maths, then firstly you have to build your concept, because in maths when you have proper knowledge of basic concept and formulas then only you can increase your knowledge at IIT level. For it you have to pay strong Attention on your 11th and 12th math book. they have proper material that can make your concept very strong.
And if still you face problem you can join a coaching institute that help you very much.
16th March 2012, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

SIR MY NAME IS SACHIN K .I WANT TO KNOW THAT HOW TO PREPARE THE MATHS FOR IIT JEE .
25th June 2012, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

sir,
my name is shruti. i am an average student. tell me how i prepare myself for iit. There is no coaching in my village. Is it required to go some where else for IIT preparation.
1st July 2012, 12:58 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by varma12345 View Post
Iam in class 11 and basically iam poor maths so please recommed me the best way to prepare maths for IIT JEE

HEY!!

It happens with many students hence pracice more is the key to success in maths.

for more practise this book which is the best for maths in IIT-JEE

TATA-MCGRAW HILLS
PUB.

For more books see below...................

d.c pandey
arihant publications

organic chemistry
solomons

with regards
roknits
31st December 2012, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

How To Prepare For IIT In Four Months.... Please Let Me Know How To Prepare For 12th Board too, as it also carries value. (wattage)
23rd May 2014, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

I am take drop for preparing iit jee, but my some 11th and 12th concepts are not cleared. So, please tell me a perfect book which clear my concepts in all three subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?