19th June 2012, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for NTPC? Books to be referred? I am studying 3rd year EEE

sir ,iam studying 3rd yr (EEE) .i want to know how to prepare and e books website for to get a matrial.

21st April 2015, 12:25 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for NTPC? Books to be referred? I am studying 3rd year EEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir ,iam studying 3rd yr (EEE) .i want to know how to prepare and e books website for to get a matrial.
NTPC stands for the National Thermal Power Corporation. The recruitment of NPTC is now done through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering scorecard and rank.

Candidates whose ranks are well within top 500 or more a bit more depending upon number of vacancies are called for Group Discussion and Personal interview after that final selection is done.

So, you should prepare for the GATE exam and aim to get ranks in top 500.

Preparation for GATE exam tips:

>>First of all analyze the syllabus of Electrical Engineering for the GATE exam, make a list of top subjects from which most of the questions are asked in GATE exam.

>>Try to develop clear cut concepts of each and every subjects as questions asked are totally conceptual.

GATE contains 65 questions from core engineering stream, mathematics and aptitude.

>>Practice previous years papers of GATE exam. Revise more and more at regular intervals.

>>Give Mock tests, if you can not do self preparation some top institute for GATE preparation like Made Easy, GATEFORUM, ACE engineering academy etc.

>>You can download and watch NPTEL lectures for different subjects of Electrical Engineering.

Best books for core subjects:

1. Electrical machines by Nagrath and Kothari

2. Control systems by B.S Manke

3. Electronics Measurement and Instrumentation by A.K Sawhney.

4. Power Electronics by P.S Bhimbra

5. Power systems by Kothari.

6. Network Analysis by D Roy Choudhary.

7. Signals and Systems by Oppenheim.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?