22nd June 2010, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

How should I face the UPSC engineering service exam? I have completed my B.E in electronics and communication engineering with 65% average

Dear sir,
i am lakshmi prasad n s i was completed my be in electronics and commnucation engg with average of 65%. I am preparing upsc engg service exam.i dont know how can face this exam,what type of hardwork,which text books i have to read.sir can you please send me full details about this exam,

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for civil service examination after having completed my electronics and communication engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after completing Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering? -- [New]
  3. Does IES has scope for electrical engineers?
  4. When can I write Indian Engineering Service exam? Which coaching center is best for me in Hyderabad
  5. What can I do next after completing engineering in electronics and tele communication? How to face Interview?
  6. Best Coaching Institutes for UPSC Preparation for an average engineering student?
  7. Which are the subjects in IES?
  8. Which branch of engineering to select after completion of 12th standard?
  9. Can I be eligible for Bihar Public Service after graduating in electronics and communication engineering
  10. Which are the government jobs for ECE students?
  11. Difference between electronics and communication and electronics, telecommunication and electronics engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What is the syllabus for electronics and communication engineering? Previous years question papers with answer keys for UPSC engineering services exam?
  13. Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field?
  14. Am I eligible for IES if I am a CSE student
  15. What is the eligibility for IES officer? Books to be referred?
  16. Can a B.Tech ECE student apply for IES exam? Should I apply online or offline for the exam?
  17. Can I do masters in US from electronics and communication? I am an average student and have done B.E in electronics and communication
  18. Age limit to apply in UPSC Engineering Services examination for 21 years old Electronics final semester student?
25th January 2012, 08:39 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I face the UPSC engineering service exam? I have completed my B.E in electronics and communication engineering with 65% average

hi..the Indian engineering services examination conducted by the union public service commission is one of the toughest examinations in the country for the engineers and you require an complete knowledge of the subject to do well in this examination ,
the pattern of the examinations is as follows :
there are totally five papers during the written examination and its an three day exam ,the examinations is held in the following pattern
DAY 1:GENERAL STUDIES AND ENGLISH PAPER 200 MARKS
DAY 2:TECHNICAL OBJECTIVE PAPERS 1 AND 2 ,200 MARKS EACH
DAY 3:CONVENTIONAL TECHNICAL PAPERS 1 AND 2 200 MARKS EACH
if you clear the cut off in the written test then you would be called for the personal interview an then the final selection will be on the basis of the over all marks that you get including the interview marks .
as you can see there is total of four papers on the technical part and hence they will cover almost all the subjects and the chapters of the concerned stream in which you will give the paper and hence you require and very detailed preparation for which you have to do real hard work and also it would be better if you take some kind of coaching so that you can have proper guidance .
i am also attaching the brochure of the last years examination from there you can have the complete details of the examination and also the various syllabus and the eligibility criteria,
for more details and the date of notifications please log on to the following link http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 61 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?