7th August 2012, 02:55 AM
MD. IMTIYAZ ALAM

How should I get admission in MCA?

how to get addmition in MCA....please tell me how should i get admission

7th August 2012, 07:16 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I get admission in MCA?

MCA means Masters in Computer Applications. This is a 2 years long post graduate course in the field of computer which deals in areas like:

Programming Languages

Application Software

Networking

System Management

Hardware Technology

Those who wish to make career in IT industry should go for the MCA course. This course according to me is among the best option they have got.On completing the course you would have option to work for various top IT compaines in the world that have offices in India.

Microsoft

Infosys

Google

HCL

Wipro

TCS

Intel

HP

The basic requirement to pursue MCA is a graduation degree with Maths as one of the subjects. Apart from that you will have to score around 50-60 percent marks in the graduation course to be considered for the MCA.

Most colleges offering MCA would require around 50-60 percent marks however there may be some relief for the SC/ST candidates in the government colleges. There are several entrance exams for the MCA, mainly each university has its own entrance exam.

If you manage to complete MCA with around 60 to 70 percent marks. You can get job for the following posts:

Database management

System Analyser

Software Engineer

Web Designer

System Analyser
7th August 2012, 07:30 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

To pursue the MCA course first of all you need to be a graduate from a recognised institute. For most of the institutes candidates who have studied Maths in 12th as well as 1st year of graduation are allowed to apply. Also they keep a cut off of minimum 50%. If all these criteria are met the you will also need to appear for the entrance exam. Some institutes accept the All India score and some conduct their own test.
7th August 2012, 12:43 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How should I get admission in MCA?

hi friend,

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application

Eligibility for MCA:

=> A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree with minimum 55% from recognise universities.

=> With Mathematics subject
=> Generally Age limit should Not exist 30 years relaxation available for OBC and SC/ST category.

Future Job Opportunity After MCA:

You can get job placement of this reputed compny.

=> Wipro
=> TCS
=> Intel
=> HP
=> Microsoft
=> Infosys
=> Google
=> HCL

All the Best
7th August 2012, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Between BCA and BSc which one is best?
7th August 2012, 09:09 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD. IMTIYAZ ALAM View Post
how to get addmition in MCA....please tell me how should i get admission
MCA Eligibility Criteria:

If you have an interest in computer application then MCA is aptly suitable for you .MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications.

It is a post graduate course and the duration of this course is three years. These days its demand among students have risen sky high because of the promising job opportunities it provides.

If you have completed your BBA, BCA or B.Tech then you are eligible to pursue this course. Apart from this students who have completed their graduation in science can also apply for MCA.

To apply for this course you need to ensure minimum 60 percent of marks at graduation level and it is important to have mathematics at 10+2 level. For the SC/ST candidates the marks to secure is 50 percent of marks.

During the final year you will be given the opportunity to opt for some specializations. Some of them have been listed below:

Engineering
Development
Hardware Technology
Application Software
System Management
Trouble Shooting

To pursue this course from the top level colleges you can sit for an entrance exam while others gives admission based on your graduation marks.

For the entrance exam even final year students can also apply.

List of MCA Entrance Exams:

All India MCA Common Entrance Test (AIMCET)

Birla Institute of Technology Entrance Exam (BIT)

Integrated Common Entrance Test (ICET)

Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH MCA CET)

West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (JECA)

Vellore Institute of Technology Entrance Exam (VIT)

Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET MCA)

Orissa Joint Entrance Exam (OJEE)

For the MCA Entrance Exam objective questions, short answer and long answer type questions comes from the following questions: Mental Ability, Mathematics and English Comprehension.

Questions are generally of 12th standard. While in most of the colleges admission is based on the written examination only but in Delhi University, Symbiosis etc. a group discussion or personal interview session is conducted and it is important to score good marks in this session as well.

Top MCA Institutions in India:

National Institute of Technology, Warangal

Presidency College, Chennai

Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra

Christ University, Bangalore

Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal

Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur

Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
9th August 2012, 01:01 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..............

MCA - Master of Computer Applications

If you are interested join in MCA Course, first you complete your graduation first.....

Educational Qualification : -

** Candidates must have a bachelor of Degree from any recognized university

after successfully complete your graduation, you can wrote some entrance exams conducted for admission into MCA Course..........

Like,.......

AIMCET

ICET

JECA

VIT

TANCET MCA

OJEE...........etc

all the best..............

Regards..........

Tash
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?