9th September 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for BHU entrance exam? Any negative marks in this exam?

I want to give Benaras Hindu University(BHU)entrance exam in GEOGRAPHY for M.A/M.SC. Please tell me how should I prepare for this exam. Please also tell me the question pattern & syllebus of this exam. Is there any negative mark in this exam?

1st February 2012, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I prepare for BHU entrance exam? Any negative marks in this exam?

Are one year drop students eligible to appear in the PET??
1st March 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I prepare for BHU entrance exam? Any negative marks in this exam?

is there negative marking in bhu screening exam?
13th March 2012, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare m.com entrence of bhu becouse My last B.com passing date was 2008.
13th March 2012, 09:34 PM
omprakash_dhaker

Students are admitted to the Banaras Hindu University through the Pre-Medical Entrance Exam(BHU PMT) .The Banaras Hindu University rely primarily on the BHU exam to admit students. The students are admitted to MBBS/BDS/BMS only on the basis of their PMT score obtained.

Structure of BHU Medical Entrance Exam

The admission procedure for MBBS will consists of the following 2 stages

PMT/PAT screening
PMT – Main
For the others only the PMT screening test is required.

The screening test will be out of 200 marks comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and zoology.

Syllabus

Physics

Measurement,Motion,Circular Motion,Wave Motion,Optics,Kinetic Theory of Gases,Physics of the Atom,Thermodynamics,Work and heat,First law of Thermodynamics,Electricity,Electro-Magnetic Induction,Nuclear Physics,
Electronic Devices.
Chemistry

Part I: General & Inorganic Chemistry-Structure of Atom,Molecule and Chemical Bond,Periodic Properties of Elements,Chemistry of Elements and Compounds.
Part II: Organic Chemistry
Part III: Physical Chemistry-State of Matter,Energetic,Chemical Equilibrium
Life science/Biology-

Zoology,Histology,Anatomy and Physiology,Reproductive System,Developmental Biology,Diversity of Animal Life,
Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only), Symbiosis
Botany
Anatomy and Physiology of Plants,
Plant growth and development,
Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants,
Internal structure of stem and secondary growth,
Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions
Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves,
photosynthesis-history,importance,factors and mechanism,stomatal mechanism.
Transpiration and respiration
Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots.
Absorption and cell water relations,transport of water and minerals,
tropic and turgor movements.
Botany and Human Welfare
Eligibility Criteria

Candidates who have passed 10+2 or its equivalent with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate for general candidates and 40% of SC/ST/OBC
For admission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS candidates need to score 50% mark under general category and 45% under general-PC and 40% marks under OBC/SC/ST
B.Pharm requires 60% marks for general/OBC and respective PC candidates and 55% marks for SC/ST and respective PC candidates.
Age – 17 to 25 years of age as on 31st December 2011
Those who are appearing for class 12 exams can also apply for the PMT exam
How to Apply?

The BHT PMT forms will be issued from the first week of January at designated post offices across the country .It is also issued at selected branches of Bank of Baroda for a fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 600 for SC/ST candidates) . A request for the form can be send along with a demand draft of 1300/- in the favor of “The Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU” payable at Varanasi if it must be obtained by post.

How to fill the Form?

Students who are eligible can apply by duly filling up the exam form. The admission form is rejected in the case of even a minor error. The candidature of the student will be dismissed without notice if any information given is incorrect. The admission form must be attached with all relevant documents when it is send. All applicants are requested to recheck their admission form for any errors before it is being sent.

Important Dates

PMT Screening will be held from the 2nd week of May, 2012

PMT Mains will be held from the2nd week of June, 2012

Application Forms will be issued from Post Offices from the 1st week of January to the 3rd week of February, 2012

Last Date for the submission of completed application forms will be the 2nd week of March, 2012

List of BHU PMT centers

The BHU PMT screening test will be conducted at the following centers

Varanasi
Delhi
Kolkata
Hyderabad
The main examination of BHU PMT will be conducted in June.

Contact Address for BHU PMT

The BHU PMT contact information is as follows

Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221005, U.P.,India.
E-Mail: [email protected], [email protected]
Reference Books for BHU PMT

Students can choose from a variety of reference books available. The exam pattern and the syllabus can be well understood through these books. These books also give you good tips and tricks you can use at the time of your exam. Some of the commonly used titles are:

Arihant BHU Entrance Examination solved Papers (1997-2008) by Panel of Experts.
BHU Medical Prev. Solved Papers by Rph Editorial Board.
BHU Medical Entrance Solved Papers by Editorial Board.
BHU Medical Entrance Exam Solved Papers by Editorial Board.
5.10 Mock Test Papers for BHU by Panel of Experts.
Chapter Wise Solutions of BHU Pre-Medical Screening Examination by Panel of Experts.
MTG BHU Explorer Screening and Mains 18 years Solved Papers by Dr.Sandeep Ahlawat.
Study Plan

A systematic approach is the best method of study .The exam is highly competitive .Therefore all your skills must be sharpened to the finest level. Good skills in verbal communication is also a prerequisite .You can either enroll yourself in a leading coaching class or study by yourself .Guidance of a Teacher is recommended .All the bases must be covered to know what is needed and what is not . Practicing previous years question papers is a good option .Several websites offer this .This will help you familiarize with the syllabus of exam .With good practice and thorough learning the questions of the PMT exam can be easily tackled.

How and Where To Get the Results?

The results will be available online and can be retrieved from the link http://imsbhu.nic.in/results.htm

Cutoff

A score of 60% in the screening test qualifies you for the main exam. The exam cut off for main is subject to change depending upon the overall performance of the student. A score of 70-80% can normally ensure you a seat in BHU.

Score Validity

The PMT score is valid for a period of one year in all BHUs.

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/bhu-2009-banaras-hindu-university-medical/#ixzz1p0u21fhe

best of luck
20th March 2012, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

i want to intrance paper set M.A.GEOGRAPHYIN BHU
15th May 2012, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

how should i prepare foe bhu maths.. My email address is [email protected]
20th May 2012, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

how should i prepare for B.Sc entrance exams?..
15th July 2012, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

i'm B.A final year student of History department.i want to do my M.A in BHU.please tell how i can apply for the exam and how should i prepared for my exam.can you give me the detail information regarding syllabus?and also the question patterns..
Thank you!
7th August 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

sir plz tell me about the books of msc enterance in bhu with chemistsy.
12th December 2012, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Sir i want to do MCA from BHU. I want to ask you dat how should i prepare to crack entrance exam. Please guide me and tell about its syllabus also. What are the minimum marks to qualify dis xam. I will be very thankful to u if u will tell me about it.
SHWETA SHRIVASTAVA
28th December 2012, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

i want to see PET test paper of last year of geography MA
6th January 2013, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

sir pls tell me how i prepare for bhu entrance exam
sir pls guide me for the preparation nd tell me about its syllabus also
my e-mail id is [email protected]
21st March 2013, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

i want to appear at the enterence exam of bhu wiht MA(sociology). plz tell me how should i prepare for this enterence exam as well as privious question, pattern and syllabus of 2013. is there any negative marking in this enterence test.
18th April 2013, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

why u never gv us ans?????
13th June 2013, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum marks required to qualify in the PET test for admission to M.Sc. course in BHU in chemistry?
7th December 2013, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

How can i crack bhu b.sc Math entrance test .please give syllabus.
2nd March 2014, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Whats books needed for bhu preparation when i complleted intermediate exams plz tell me what i read now
23rd March 2014, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of B.A. 2nd year in Geography in Burdwan university.pls tell about the question patern and if there are any negative marking in Entrance exam for M.A. in Geography in BHU.
10th June 2014, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

i want to appear at the enterence exam of bhu 5 years law . plz tell me how should i prepare for this enterence exam as well as privious question, pattern and syllabus of 2013. is there any negative marking in this enterence test.
15th July 2014, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the minimum marks required to qualify in the PET test for admission to M.Sc. course in BHU in chemistry?
hi,i have the same question. If u ever get to know the answer pls send it to my email acnt.
[email protected]
5th March 2015, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

which book should be good for preparing bhu pet of msc zoology...nd how should i prepare....plz give me the name of book......nd syllabus also........
Is there direct admission in bhu for msc zoology..??
11th April 2015, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

Sir how much i need to score in order to crack bhu central hindu girls class-11 maths stream out of 100. Is there - marking
4th February 2016, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus of BHU PET for m.sc microbiology and genetics?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?