16th July 2013, 06:34 PM
jntuk12kq5a0407

How should I prepare for GATE exam without coaching?

how to prepare gate exam without coaching.tell me sir.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for upcoming GATE entrance exam? Where in Kolkata can I get coaching for GATE Instrumentation? Which type of books are appropriate for preparing for MCQ's of GATE exam?
  2. Standard books to prepare for GATE exam if I am not taking any GATE coaching? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to prepare for GATE in ECE branch without taking any coaching from coaching center?
  4. Which Books I have to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in EEE and not interested to take coaching for GATE Exam?
  5. How can I prepare for GATE without coaching?
  6. Is it possible to prepare for GATE in 8 months? Should I join some coaching institute?
  7. Best coaching centers for GATE? Any coaching centers in Bangalore? Cant I get admission in GATE without going for coaching?
  8. What is the right time to prepare for GATE exam? Should I start coaching now?
  9. Best coaching class for GATE in Maharashtra? -- [New]
  10. Best coaching center for GATE in Delhi? I want to prepare for GATE exam
  11. How to prepare for GATE? Which books should I refer? Best coaching institutes for the same?
  12. How should I prepare for GATE ? Is there any coaching? Any institutes in Chennai?
  13. I am not finding GATE exam interested, why?
  14. How to prepare for GATE Exam for the year 2013? Which is the best Coaching Institute for this Exam in Delhi?
  15. How should I prepare for upcoming GATE and government core job exam with coaching?
  16. How to get a core job after completing B.Tech ECE?
  17. List of top Coaching Centers to prepare for GATE Exam in Cochin?
  18. How to prepare for GATE along with IES? I am a B.Tech 3-2 student
20th March 2015, 05:57 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: How should I prepare for GATE exam without coaching?

GATE exam is one of the toughest exam for engineering graduates for which B.E./B.Tech. candidates are eligible when they are in their final year or after they have completed their graduation.

GATE is the exam which is totally based on the engineering courses you study in your college. If you are an IIT student, then you can assume that the GATE syllabus will be covered in the 2/3rd part of every course you do in any semester.

Although all the colleges don't have same standards, but in the end pretty much everything is covered in the engineering syllabus that comes in your GATE exam. So the most important thing to clear GATE is stick to the basics that are taught in your college.

Even if you are passed out of college of college and you want to prepare for GATE, you must go back to the basics. You can refer to previous year question papers, for which many books are available in the market that provide chapter-wise collection of questions that appeared in every GATE exam in previous 30 years or so. There you can make an analysis of your level of preparation. You can even purchase books that provide sample papers for GATE exam. One good source is Arihant books, that provide good material for the preparation of GATE.
20th March 2015, 11:59 PM
sanspeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntuk12kq5a0407 View Post
how to prepare gate exam without coaching.tell me sir.
In my opinion it is better to prepare self rather than joining any coaching or institute for GATE exam.
GATE exam is that exam which check the intellectual and conceptual approach of a candidate with their field or stream.
So preparation of gate exam require a systematic and consistent approach rather than parrot reading .
Moreover most of the coaching offer short duration courses for preparation but they fail to give the conceptual learning to the student and more emphasizes on short cut technique.
Selflearning and preparation can make student understand their strong and weak areas to improve upon.
Most of the topper having self preparation for their key to success.
Also one should join test series for proper time management in the exam.
21st March 2015, 12:11 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Through clearing gate exam you can enter in different IIT's and NIT's. for cracking gate exam you have to do labor hard.
Clearing gate is not a joke so be prepare for it and you can clear. pay heed on every subject and do previous year papers and saw the pattern of the paper.

Gate preparation can be done with 3rd year and final year and gate score is valid for 2 years.

well books by G.k publisher are good but in my opinion you should study from the notes of made easy they are very useful in cracking gate.
21st March 2015, 12:48 AM
bichapoda

Cracks GATE exam with out going for coaching is not so easy, you need to work hard and need to have full dedication .

GATE Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Its a Competitive exams.

Candidate apply for this exam to get in to M.Tech.

Based on your GATE Result only you will get your M.Tech Seat.

So thing twice and take a decision.

Because , if you cant crack it then you need to wait for 1 year to appear again because gate is conducted only once a year.

If you want to study on your Own skipping Coaching then make sure you have all the material needed for preparing.

Try to solve previous GATE Exam Paper and also write mock test Online to test your self .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?