16th June 2013, 07:53 PM
shravya chitra

How should I take CAT coaching after passing B.Tech?

dear sir/madam,
myself am doing my B.Tech 4th year now.after my B.Tech i am intrested in doing MBA.so i wanna take CAT coaching.so,am in a confused state to go for long term /short term coaching for CAT.so,can you please suggest me and are RS.AGARWAL books sufficient to prepare for cracking CAT?
please reply me.

2nd July 2013, 03:52 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How should I take CAT coaching after passing B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravya chitra View Post
dear sir/madam,
myself am doing my B.Tech 4th year now.after my B.Tech i am intrested in doing MBA.so i wanna take CAT coaching.so,am in a confused state to go for long term /short term coaching for CAT.so,can you please suggest me and are RS.AGARWAL books sufficient to prepare for cracking CAT?
please reply me.

Hi shravya,

My suggestion would be to opt long term coaching itself, that too, not in a normal institute. Pick the best in your city. No coaching center will ask you to come for more than two hours for regular coaching (hope you are not opting for weekend batch). Regular batches will hardly have 2-3 hrs of classes per day.

Don't get confused, plan your path with cool approach. Tension will make things even worse. Take your time, decide every aspect of your plan based upon your interests and wishes. As you know CAT is not a cake walk, you need to try very hard to crack it. Definitely, you can crack CAT if your are hardworking and determined.
Short term coaching will do no good if you don't have the right attitude towards CAT. If you are highly talented with all numericals and verbal part then you can TRY with short term coaching but if you are not a top 10 performer in any level of your education, please don't risk by opting for short term coaching. Coaching requires time to tune you upto CAT level.

Coming to material, I have to brief you that, CAT has no particular syllabus, the syllabus which you can observe online or by coaching institutes is just a tentative one. Not the actual. Actually CAT panel doesn't confine to a set of topics as syllabus like its counter part entrance tests. So we can't stick with particular book. R.S Agarwal is definitely a good bet for starters. But it is not everything. You have to solve many levels of problems in your path towards CAT. Sticking to one or two good books doesn't fit you in the competitive exam like CAT.

Follow RS agarwal but don't rely solely on it.

Regards
Aditya
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?