27th August 2014, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Should I start GRE preparation or complete CAT coaching first?

I have just completed my engineering in electronics and communication field. It has been one month i am going for cat coaching. However, now i want to do gre and go abroad to pursue masters. Since i have already paid a huge amount of money for cat coaching now m in a dilemma whether i should start preparing for gre or not. I am soliciting for your help.

7th September 2014, 03:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I start GRE preparation or complete CAT coaching first?

It depends upon your Interest whether to start GRE coaching or to continue your CAT coaching. Since you have paid CAT coaching fee, if you feel that your money will be wasted, then continue your CAT coaching. If you feel that money is not important, then you can stop CAT coaching and start GRE coaching.

Since you are interested to take GRE coaching and go abroad, I suggest you to stop the CAT coaching and immediately start the GRE coaching, so that time will be not wasted and you can go to abroad soon.
9th September 2014, 11:59 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is good to see your interest in higher studies. CAT is usually for pursuing MBA degree in India especially in the IIMs. Since you have already started CAT coaching so there is no point in switching over to GRE preparation. This is because both are different fields. If you qualify in GRE you can pursue MS abroad. So MBA and MS are two different paths.

First of all, you need to decide which field of study interests you or for which field of study you aspire. Work accordingly. If you are aspiring for higher studies in the technical then you need to go for GRE preparation otherwise you continue your CAT preparation. You can take up GRE study material and then go for preparation of GRE. Otherwise if you want to go abroad, you can also opt for GMAT and pursue MBA abroad.
10th September 2014, 08:42 PM
piyushkapoor

I think you should go for GRE. You are interested in that. With this exam you can go for studying abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?