25th September 2012, 08:29 PM
arpandeep kaur

How to take CDS test if I am a female engineering student

I am a female engineering student in thr third year of my degree. I request if i could be provided with all the relevant information about how and when to apply for the Indian Army. Moreover i want to that can i take the CDS test or not?

10th October 2012, 07:13 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to take CDS test if I am a female engineering student

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandeep kaur View Post
I am a female engineering student in thr third year of my degree. I request if i could be provided with all the relevant information about how and when to apply for the Indian Army. Moreover i want to that can i take the CDS test or not?
Yes Off Course your eligible to appear in CDS Examination . But your Not eligible to For Army Academy . Because Only Male (Unmarried ) are eligible to appear in CDS Examination

So, Being a Female candidate your eligible for Officer Training Academy . For this Academy both the Male and Female candidates are eligible eligible .

So, If your Interested in Officer Training Academy you may apply for CDS Examination .

To appear in Officer Training Academy than you should Passed in Bachelor degree ( Graduation ) Course in any discipline from recognized University .

Any discipline candidate are eligible Join in Officer Training Academy ( ie:- Commerce/Engineering/Arts )

The candidate who waiting for Final Semester may also eligible to appear in this Examination and Only Pass Marks is required to appear in this Examination .

Your age should be Minimum 19 years and Maximum 25 years at the Appearing in the Examination .

There is No Upper age relaxation will given category candidates .

So, After Completing your Engineering Course you may eligible to apply for OTA Academy
10th October 2012, 10:35 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

yes you are eligible for the CDS examination. But you are not eligible for the Army. Female candidates are eligible for the Officer Training Academy.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This exam conducted by the upsc twice in a year.

CDS has three wings

Army wing

Navy wing

Air force wing

Eligibility Criteria:

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

Candidate should be completed the graduation from any recognized university.

No minimum percentage required.

Age limit:

Age limit should be between 18 to 24 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Female candidates are not eligible for army.

But female candidates are eligible for the Officer Training Academy.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Written Test

Personal Interview

for more details visit the website

www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST.
10th October 2012, 10:59 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
CDS exam stands for combined defence service which is conducted by upsc twice in a year.
For this exam,
You must be graduate from a recognized university.
Age limit is 19 to 23 years.
You must be indian citizen.
Both unmarried male and female can apply this exam.
For more:-
www.upsc.gov.in
12th October 2012, 10:48 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

**Girls can only choose officer's training Academy only as the preference at the time of filling online application form.

Educational qualification:-

**The candidates should be complete graduation from any recognised university.

**Both male and female candidates are eligible.

**The age limits are 19 years to 25years, no age relaxation.

CDS exam Pattern :

Selection Process:

**Written Test

**Personal Interview

for more detials visit : www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.........
13th October 2012, 02:53 AM
azhardon

hi,
Yes Off Course your eligible to appear in CDS Examination . But your Not eligible to For Army Academy . Because Only Male (Unmarried ) are eligible to appear in CDS Examination

So, Being a Female candidate your eligible for Officer Training Academy . For this Academy both the Male and Female candidates are eligible eligible .

So, If your Interested in Officer Training Academy you may apply for CDS Examination .

To appear in Officer Training Academy than you should Passed in Bachelor degree ( Graduation ) Course in any discipline from recognized University .

Any discipline candidate are eligible Join in Officer Training Academy ( ie:- Commerce/Engineering/Arts )

The candidate who waiting for Final Semester may also eligible to appear in this Examination and Only Pass Marks is required to appear in this Examination .

Your age should be Minimum 19 years and Maximum 25 years at the Appearing in the Examination .

There is No Upper age relaxation will given category candidates .

So, After Completing your Engineering Course you may eligible to apply for OTA Academy
13th October 2012, 05:03 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Offiocer's Training Academy.

As a female Engineering student you are only eligible to apply for Officer's Training Academy(OTA) of CDS.

To be eligible for OTA of CDS, one must be an unmarried Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream or B.Tech. engineering Degree from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical Fitness.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th October 2012, 05:31 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

It doesn`t matter that you are female or male , as both are allowed to write the CDS Examination if you fulfill the essential requirements for the same.

CDS Examination is conducted twice every year as CDS-I & CDS-II by the Union Public Service Commission.

The Essential Requirements that you have to fulfill for the exam are :

* You must have passed graduation from any recognized college/university.

* Your age should remain in between 18-24 years.

* You must be an Indian Citizen.

* You must be physically and mentally fit.

For Schedule of the 2013 CDS Exam , you can visit here : http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/exams.htm.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?