9th February 2012, 11:33 AM
Rinku dctm

How will be this possible to become a SI or Bank PO being a candidate from 3rd year of B.Tech in EC?

I'm 3rd year ec b.tech student. After b.tech i want become SI(sub-inspector) and another option bank po so how this possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Bank PO exams during 3rd year of B.Tech.?
  2. How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  3. What are the exams a btech 3rd yr student can attend?
  4. Am I eligible to give CDSE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  5. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  6. Can I give upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  7. How will be this possible to become a SI or Bank PO being a candidate from 3rd year of B.Tech in EC?
  8. How to get job in Air Force being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in ECE?
  9. What strategies should I adopt to be a Manager in Government Bank being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BBA?
  10. Which kind of Jobs will I get being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  11. Can a Computer Science 4th year B.Tech. student apply for Bank PO?
  12. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  13. Best Colleges offering GME course? Will there be any benefit of doing M.Tech in Marine Engineering being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Am I eligible for ICICI Bank PO course? I am a B.Com 3rd year student form EIILM -- [New]
  15. Can a B.Tech 3rd year student be eligible to give GATE examination?
  16. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
  17. Is it good to drop one year after btech for CAT preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What kind of jobs can I get in government sector after securing 73% in B.Tech 3rd year?
9th February 2012, 01:48 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How will be this possible to become a SI or Bank PO being a candidate from 3rd year of B.Tech in EC?

Yes. You have both the choices are good for you between Bank PO and SI jobs.

The selection procedure which you have to go through to become Sub Inspector of Police is by
-5 Km Running
-Events (High Jump, Long Jump, Short Put)
-Medical Test
-Written Exam

The first round of 5km running in the sense the candidate has to run a distance of 5 km with in 25 minutes

The maximum height which the candidate has to jump in High Jump is 3.8 Feet. The distance of long jump which you have to jump is 12 Feet.

If you have got through these rounds, you will have to take Medical test where in you should possess respective physical standards.

The final phase of selection procedure is written exam. In the written exam, you will be posed questions from Reasoning, Arithematic, General English, History etc.

So,this much difficult procedure is there to become an SI.

In order to become Bank PO, the selection procedure is by
-Written Exam
-Interview.

The written exam consists of variety of questions from
-Reasoning
-Quantitative Aptitude
-General English
-Computer Knowledge
-General Awareness / Banking terminology.

There is negative marking for the wrong answers. One should have to secure minimum qualifying marks in each of the categories of the written exam to get through the written test.

There will be number of notifications released for Bank PO positions every year.

The notification for SI Recruitment will be announced for every 2-3 years whenever there is a need for these positions.

The minimum eligibility that you need to possess to be eligible for both the positions is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

So, my suggestion for you is to prepare for bank exams rather than waiting for SI Recruitment.

However, the ultimate decision is yours.

For updated information on bank exams, you can visit
http://www.bankexamsindia.com/
9th February 2012, 03:56 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How will be this possible to become a SI or Bank PO being a candidate from 3rd year of B.Tech in EC?

dear friend,
Eligibility for SI or BANK PO exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate must have 60% aggregate through out the career.

3.Final year candidates can also apply for this exam..

4.For BANK PO exam:- Age should be in between 21-30 years..
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.
For SI exam:- Age should be in between 20-25 years. For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As you are in 3rd year of B.tech course then when you will be in final year of B.tech course or complete the B.tech course , then you will be eligible for these exams..
So, go for it..

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?