22nd September 2011, 12:37 AM
garimagauri

Can I give upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

nw m btech 3rd yr .n i wanna know dht i cn giv the exam of gate2012.
reply me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE? Validity of GATE score?
  2. Can I give GATE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BE course?
  3. How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  4. Am I eligible to give CDSE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  5. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  6. Can a B.Tech 3rd year student be eligible to give GATE examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which Book to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in EEE?
  8. How should I start preparation for GATE Exam to get into NTPC being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of ECE stream?
  9. Can I appear in GATE 2016 while pursuing M.Sc? -- [New]
  10. Which books to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  12. List of upcoming Exams for me being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of M.Sc in Microbiology?
  13. Number of attempts for GATE Exam and Validity of GATE score card being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  14. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  15. What are the job opportunities after giving GATE exam in the public and private sector? I am pursuing B.Tech in ECE in 3rd year
  16. How to appear for GATE exam after pursuing B.Tech computer science engineering
  17. Which books to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in EEE?
  18. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
22nd September 2011, 04:08 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Can I give upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garimagauri View Post
reply me soon.

No, According to GATE-2012 notification the pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. Only final year and pass candidates are eligible to apply for the GATE-2012 examination. GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course at IIT college.

Details information is available on the official website of the GATE.So for more information visit the official website of the GATE: http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

Regards
~Mukul~
22nd September 2011, 04:35 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I give upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

Quote:
reply me soon.

Eligibility for GATE-2012

According to the GATE 2012 guidelines..pre-final year students or 3rd year students pursuing B.Tech are not eligible for appearing in GATE..

From the final year onwards you shall be eligible for appearing for GATE but right now you can't appear for it..

GATE has no age limit or no restriction on the number of attempts..so you can give the exam anytime you like except for this time..

all the best..

hope this helps..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
22nd September 2011, 07:18 PM
neha bh

Default Re: Can I give upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?

Eligibility of GATE-2012 :
ELIGIBILITY FOR GATE EXAMINATION

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
And for any other information you can go thorugh this: http://www.iitk.ac.in

regards
neha
22nd September 2011, 07:22 PM
saugata2008

Of course you can apply for GATE as a student of 3rd year .

Eligibility criteria for GATE -

1.BE/B.tech/B.arch/B.pharm and those who are in final and pre-final year are also can apply .
2.M.Sc in Math/Statistics/Chemistry and final or pre-final year students can apply .
3.candidate with qualification obtained through exams conducted by professionals societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to BE/B.TECH.

4.Those who have completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible .

Thank you.
22nd September 2011, 07:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
reply me soon.
dear friend,

Yes, 3rd year student are eligible for GATE exam.

because GATE score is valid for TWO years.

There are no age criteria ,so you can apply here maximum no of times.

thanks
22nd September 2011, 07:46 PM
raviyouth

Appearing for GATE exam you must be either in final year of btech or btech completed....but for an Idea sake and to know about the paper pattern you can appy even in third ir second year of your engineering.

And luckily if you are disqualified for that year you can apply for next year as GATE score card valid for 2 years
22nd September 2011, 08:18 PM
afroz.khan18

Eligibility-GATE 2012
ELIGIBILITY FOR GATE EXAMINATION
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:
Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master’s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2012.
22nd November 2011, 02:25 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Yes you can apply for gate being a 3rd your student.
i am sure about this because i also wrote GATE in my 3rd year B.Tech.
Go for it...

ALL THE BEST.
22nd November 2011, 10:06 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

No,Pre-Final year Engineering students are not eligible for GATE-2012 exam.Only the Final year Engineering/Completed Engineering course in B.TECH are eligible for GATE-2012 exam.

GATE entrance exam is held once in a year,this is conducted by IIT's to intake qualified students for Post graduation course in Engineering,Architecture and Statistical course.This exam score is valid for 2 years.

Eligibility criteria for GATE-2012 exam:
Candidate should have complete graduation degree in Engineering/Architecture/Statistical course.
or
Candidate being in final year with above mentioned course can also eligible for Gate exam.

Important dates for GATE-2012 exam:
Closing date for application form is 21st Oct 2011.
Exam will held on 29th Jan 2012.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gate-2012.pdf(443.0 KB, 85 views)
22nd November 2011, 10:10 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Sorry to say you that you are not eligible for the upcoming GATE exam..
As you are in 3rd year of B.tech course..

As per the new rules of GAE 2012 , one has to be pass out or in final year of BE/B.tech/M.Sc/MBA/MCA course..

Only final year candidates are eligible for the GATE exam..
Pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the exam.

You can apply for the exam next year.

All the best.
1st January 2012, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

since when these new rules of GAE will be applicable? and is there any use of GATe examination post B.Tech??? i've heard B.tech from IIt is paid more then M.tech of IIT? please guide me on which colleges to apply since i don't know when forms come out..i've already filled for AiEEE...IS applying in SRM would be worthy..since i don't belong from south..ANd are NIT's granted on basis on CET of their rspective states??
21st September 2012, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I give upcoming GATE Exam in 2013 being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech CSE
21st September 2012, 01:20 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
nw m btech 3rd yr .n i wanna know dht i cn giv the exam of gate2012.reply me soon.
Information Regarding GATE Examination.

No, As per new rule the 3rd year candidates are not eligible for the GATE examination. Only final year and pass out candidates are eligible to apply for the GATE examination.

Nice to see your interest in the field of the higher study. GATE is stand for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) which is conducted by the management of the IIT and ISc college for the admission in the M.Tech course at the IIT college. This examination is conducted only once in every year.

NOTE :~ Pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply for the GATE examination. Only final year and pass out candidates are eligible for GATE examination.

For any more and complete information regarding GATE examination please visit the official website of GATE :~ http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/
21st September 2012, 02:50 PM
akshaysharma

Hi,
The GATE Exam stands for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering. Through which may become eligible for pursuing M.tech. in various colleges around the country.

Eligibility criteria for GATE-2012 exam:
Candidate should have complete graduation degree in Engineering/Architecture/Statistical course.
or
Candidate being in final year with above mentioned course can also eligible for Gate exam.

The Pre-Final students were eligible untill the year 2011 but according to the latest criteria released by the GATE society
you have got the fact now that the final year students can only apply and the 3rd year students are not eligible.
21st September 2012, 06:14 PM
saurav5858

hello
sorry but only those student are elligible for gate who are btech passed out or in final year btech. so if you are in 3rd year you are not eligible dor btech this year as for new information of gate society..so try in final year through entrance exam
21st September 2012, 06:37 PM
Astha sinhaa

Hi,

Sorry,you are not eligible for GATE examination.According to the new rule, Pre-final year or 3rd year students pursuing B.Tech are not eligible for this exam.
Only final year and pass candidate can apply for GATE exam.
There are no age criteria ,so you can apply here maximum no of times but not this time.

Official Website of GATE Exam :- http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/

Thanks!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?