9th October 2011, 12:53 PM
Shanayarox

I need to take arts or science stream in 12th for pursuing bachelors in fine arts?

I study in class 10th i want to do fine arts as my career (BFA/MFA).
DO i need to take arts OR i can take PCM and do arts ??I am veru confuse. pls kindly guide me.

14th March 2012, 07:04 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I need to take arts or science stream in 12th for pursuing bachelors in fine arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanayarox View Post
I study in class 10th i want to do fine arts as my career (BFA/MFA).
DO i need to take arts OR i can take PCM and do arts ??I am veru confuse. pls kindly guide me.

Bachelors of Fine arts [BFA] also known as Bachelor of Visual Arts [BVA] is a undergraduate course. The fine arts can be in the form of drawing, painting, dancing, architecture, photography, theatre, music etc. Students who has a good drawing and sketching hand are ideal for this course. To pursue Bachelor of Fine Arts from a recognized Institute, candidate needs to have passed the +2 level of exam with any stream from a recognized board. After the completion of the BFA one can pursue a Masters degree in Fine arts MFA.
17th May 2012, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: I need to take arts or science stream in 12th for pursuing bachelors in fine arts?

i want to do fine arts and just now i am in class 11th when ihave to submitt the form and from where i did get it?
12th June 2013, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

i am currently pursuing my engg. degree .But i would like to do BFA in Govt. College of fine arts in chennai.i'am not aware of the procedure to join the college and i would like to know if i could be able to pursue both the courses simultaneously.may i have your advice soon??
5th October 2014, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

right now I am in class 10 .. I would like to do BFA/MFA in future. I want to know which steam should I take in class 11, Science , commerce or arts ?
8th March 2015, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED B.A FROM C.C.S.U WITH 62 PERCENT.I HAVE THREE SUBJECT ENGLISH,ECONOMICS AND HOME SCIENCE.TELL ME WHAT IS BETTER STREAM FOR ME.MASTER DEGREE OR OTHER
24th March 2015, 05:43 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Hi Friend

If you want to do the graduation with the science stream then you should do your 12th class with the art stream because this is linking that you will finish your schooling education then you will get the benefit of it in the graduation and the post-graduation courses.
If you will take another stream then you will find some difficulties to adjust yourself in that stream as well as you are going to take plate in the another stream.

In the art stream you will study only the very simple subjects like as
Drawing
Painting
History
Hindi
Dancing
Architecture
Photography
Theatre
Music
6th July 2018, 03:16 PM
muskaan_

Dear student,
Well, if you are interested in arts then you should opt arts stream with your choice of interested subjects.
There is need to opt a science if you want to opt arts stream
Following are the arts universities for you :
Guru Nanak Khalsa College of Arts, Science & Commerce
MITHIBAI COLLEGE OF ARTS, MUMBAI
LOVELY PROFESSIONAL UNIVERSITY, PUNJAB
K J Somaiya College of Arts & Commerce ‒ Mumbai
Mithibai College - Mumbai
Delhi College of Arts & Commerce (DCAC) - Delhi

Good Luck
11th February 2022, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 11th PCM and I want to know can I opt for arts in college once my 12th is over and I decide to go for arts as engineering is hard can I take admission in arts?
17th June 2023, 08:38 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

To pursue a Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, it is generally recommended to choose the Arts stream in 12th grade. While some colleges or universities may accept students from the Science stream, the Arts stream is typically more aligned with the skills and subjects covered in a Fine Arts program.

By choosing the Arts stream in 12th grade, you can focus on subjects such as Visual Arts, Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Art History, and other creative disciplines. These subjects will provide a strong foundation for your future studies in Fine Arts.

Here are some steps to consider:

Research colleges/universities: Look for institutions that offer Bachelor's degrees in Fine Arts. Check their admission requirements and see if they specifically mention the Arts stream as the preferred choice.

Check subject requirements: Ensure that the subjects you study in the Arts stream align with the prerequisites of the Fine Arts program you are interested in. Some colleges may have specific subject requirements, such as Visual Arts or Drawing.

Build your portfolio: Many Fine Arts programs require a portfolio as part of the application process. Use your time in the Arts stream to develop your artistic skills and create a strong portfolio showcasing your best work.

Seek guidance: Speak with career counselors, teachers, or mentors who can provide guidance on the specific requirements and preparations needed for pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?