17th August 2012, 08:01 PM
tannu tyagi

Is an IAS exam tough for an average student?

i want to know is the CS exam tough for an average student....please tell me

2nd October 2012, 09:35 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is an IAS exam tough for an average student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannu tyagi View Post
i want to know is the CS exam tough for an average student....please tell me
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and this examination is conducted by UPSC, Every year. This examination is very competitive and selection rate is very less, very few candidates will be able to cracked this examination, so you need a good preparation to cracked this examination.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus.

The notification will be published every year in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Website.

Civil Services Examination is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various services like the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service, as well as Group A and Group B Central Services.

Examination conducted in two stages, preliminary and Mains. First, you have to cracked the Preliminary Examination, this is also called Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT), which will be a common Test for all candidates. Those who cracked this examination are eligible to appear for Main examination. There are 2 papers in Preliminary examination. In Main examination there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in main examination on the basis of Graduation. The Question Papers III to IX will be set both in Hindi and English.

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years, The upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

Graduate degree is needed to apply for CSE, If your graduation is complete then you can apply for this examination.

Please prepared well and then apply for this examination next year in February, for more details check official website of UPSC.
2nd October 2012, 10:14 AM
sagar R.kachhadiya
Member+

If you have goal in your life to crack anytime ,then it's not tough.Actually IAS is the Indian Administrative Service exam.It is the civil service exam conducted by UPSC.It's so difficult to crack in one try.but if you make a goal that i will do hard work and will crack it anyway ,then you can do.

Preparation
You have to start prepare for IAS.In Preparation , you have to start preparation few months ago and make a time schedule for preparation.
You have to complete topics by Topics of IAS Syllabus.When one topis is completed , you have to revice and do practice it while your second topic preparation running.you have to revise continuously.
You also make a important note so that you can revise so much easier and in short time in next time.
You also can join tution for IAS for making IAS preparation easy.
During your preparation , you can take your friend's help , Internet help , your professor's help and solve your difficult.
After completion of your topic by topic preparation , you have do exercise a lot.Exerciese play also very important role in IAS preparation.For Exercise , you can refer last year papers , coaching exams or Coaching material.
2nd October 2012, 10:56 AM
violent viper

yes....

it is quite toughest...

2nd October 2012, 11:08 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Is an IAS exam tough for an average student?

Hello dear,

Its nice to see that you are aspiring to become an IAS officer.

IAS is commonly known as Indian Administrative Services.
To become an IAs officer you need to clear UPSC Civil Services Examination.

You can sit for the exam provided you follow the eligibility norms:

** You must have completed your graduation in any stream.

** Final year candidates may also apply.

** Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

There is age relaxation given for reserved categories.
SC/ST- 5 yrs
OBC- 3 yrs
PH- 10 yrs

Number of attempts:

4 in case of general
7 in case of OBC &
unlimited in case of SC/ST till they attain the age of 35 years.

There are 3 stages of examination:
Preliminary
Mains
Interview

According to latest pattern Preliminary exam is known as CSAT.

You have 2 papers in this:
General awareness
Aptitude test

If you fulfill these requirements you can fil the aplication form. Civil services exam is held every year.
For more Information log on to the official website:
www.upsc.goV.in\

good luck
2nd October 2012, 02:01 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Hai,
IAS(Indian Administrative Service) exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) only one time in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

*You should be complete graduation or an bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

*The candidate must be a citizen of india.

*Final year persuing candidates can also be eligible for this exam.

*There is no required percentage to appear this exam.

Age criteria:-

For General candidates age limit 21 years to 30years,

For OBC candidates age limit 21 years to 33years,

For SC/ST candidates age limit 21 years to 35 years.

For PH OBC candidates age limit 21 years to 40years.

Selection steps:-

*Preliminary exam,

*Main exam,

*Personal interview.
Number of Attempts:-

4 times for general candidates,

7 times OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

exam pattern:

all the best.........................
2nd October 2012, 03:53 PM
vjprabhuvel

IAS - Indian Administrative Service exam is conducted by the UPSC - Union Public Service Commission.

IAS exam is generally considered as one of the most toughest and competitive exam to clear out. The exam pattern is framed in such a way that it tests the overall qualities of the candidate who takes up this test.

With proper practice and planned/ organised study anyone from an average to top student can succeed in this exam.

This exam consists of 3 rounds namely
1. Preliminary test.
2. Main examination
3. Personal selection interview.

You have to clear all three tests with good score inorder to get a good posting...!
If you wish to become an IAS, you have to start your preparation as early as possible even from the first year of your degree..!

You have to read a lot of newspapers in English and your mothertongue to become strong in Current affairs and General Knowledge.

Also develop your English language skills because there are 2 papers concerned with it and it would also help you in facing the Interview round boldy

Concentrate on your Degree which you are pursuing as you can also make use of it for taking it as an optional subject for the Civil services exam. It would be of a great help to you and you dont want to get confused which new subject to take as an optional one.

Read the topics of historical, political and economical importance. You can also use NCERT books of grade 10, 11 and 12 as your study material for the preparation..!

Yes, as you queried it is one of the toughest exam not only for an average student but also for a top scorer. But with determined study and organised learning anyone can clear IAS exam.

Regards,
Vj
2nd October 2012, 03:53 PM
amrishtyagi1

nothing impossible dear, If you focus on your targate with your full dedication and use your 100% capability to get your goal. and put out the word "can" from your mind and think positivly that you have to bacome a IAS officer to proud your parents and teachers.good luck.
2nd October 2012, 06:41 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Dear aspirant,
Let me clear the doubt of lakhs of people with this same doubt.
It is one of the common doubts prevailing in the minds of huge ino. of aspirants.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.
As the name suggests an IAS officer has to deal with the administrative policies in any area or region.

In order to be so his aptitude, general studies knowledge is of great importance.

So, the challenge of this exam mainly concentrates on general studies papers.

In real terms it is not hard to clear Civil Services.

It depends upon your interest and if you get interest and you will be ready for that then nobody can stop you.

Generally it has two level.
Prelims:
paper1(General studies objective paper)-200 marks
paper2(English and aptitudeobjective paper)-200 marks

cut off will be around 200.

Here lies the toughness because the chances of passing this level has 2% probability.

Mains:
compulsory papers
Hindi or any regional language and
English

no marks are counted in the total marks
you have to qualify in these papers

Then you will have
essay-200 marks
general studies
paper1-300 marks
paper 2- 300 marks

2 optional subjects
each subject 2 papers of 300 marks each

interview-300 marks

Total 2300
Topper marks around 1340/2300

It is not a big deal if your preparation is right in the right direction and at the same time if you have the access to proper study material.

Because if you prepare the optional subjects in a better manner along with an essay
you can easily get 950/1400.
general studies (it is the toughest part of this exam because of huge unlimited syllabus)
250/600
rest lies on interview
if you get 200/300
then 1400/2300
You will be the topper.

This is a simple calculation of marks.

The selection of best books will play a great role in deciding your rank.
If you have a good collection of books then your preparation will be better.
At the same time your hard work to finish the syllabus of optional subjects will play a great role in deciding your rank in the mains.

In order to have expert level knowledge of General studies the recommended books are:
General Studies Manual -McGraw Hill Publication
Arihant Publication
Upkar Publication
UPSC Portal books
Pratiyogita Darpan study material , Civil Services Chronicle, Competition wizard for articles on important issues.
Most common optional:
Public administration
1.Fadia and Fadia
2. Laxmikant from McGraw Hill Publication
3.UPSC Portal study material

Believe you can and you will on the half way.
Please do visit this website for your queries related to any entrance exam.
Best of luck
8th December 2012, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

i have an interest to become I.A.S. bt i don't have any knowledge about it like entrance exams its investment etc.
31st March 2013, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

i am a girl pursuing B.Tech.At present i am in 8th semester,Information Technology.I am going to graduate after few months and i am confused regarding my next step.MBA or IAS.I'll drop a year for my preparation.I have good communication skills,a firm and confident voice, and i want to do something for the society.Kindly give me a suggestion regarding what will be good for me.
4th May 2013, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a girl pursuing B.Tech.At present i am in 8th semester,Information Technology.I am going to graduate after few months and i am confused regarding my next step.MBA or IAS.I'll drop a year for my preparation.I have good communication skills,a firm and confident voice, and i want to do something for the society.Kindly give me a suggestion regarding what will be good for me.
MBA and IAS are absolutely two different things. You need to sit down and think what is that u are looking for.
MBA from a top notch B School will equip you with good skills to take up a managerial position in a corporate. Where u do your MBA counts a lot. Obviously, the perks are you can make a lot of money, at the same time the workload will also be there in corporate.

IAS is all about dealing with administrative policies. It has immense prestige associated with it and the kind of respect that you get in the society is unmatchable. IAS is far superior than an MBA.
26th June 2013, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

wheather can i pass i 1attempt with 8month prepartion?
26th June 2013, 01:20 PM
Winning Spirit

Dear Friend,

* Clearing the IAS examination is the toughest for each and every individual as it covers a wide range of topics that makes one more versatile.

* So, if you are in the urge to attempt and clear the same, i would recommend you to join any of the recognized coaching centers in your state and prepare for the same using suitable study materials there by referring the past question papers, model papers and sample mock test papers.

* You will have to start developing your knowledge on current affairs, history, geography, Tamil, English, logical ability, reasoning, technology and seciences to clear the same.

My best wishes for you :-)
29th June 2013, 07:44 PM
pinksony

Hello dear....

Ias exam is not tough for average students......

The only thing you should do is choose a good ias coaching center....you should work hard....be dedicated towards your work...develop self confidence....time management is very important.....

Bright future is waiting for you

all the best dear..........
10th July 2013, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Actually my carrier is not so good but i am interested for ias. I am from bangalore, i have listened that JTS is good but plz tell me is here any other good instituitions are in bangalore?
13th July 2013, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Is there any free online site available for ias preparation?
23rd August 2013, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 75% in 10th,58% in 12th,49% in graduation.......can i become ias?
29th August 2013, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

which course study in degree to become an IAS officer. and iam belong to sc caste is there any better chances?
5th September 2013, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

for b tech students ias is easy to crack in one attempt or it takes many time..to crack or it is approximate impossible for engineers
5th September 2013, 09:46 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

hello

see friend the results would come based on our dedication and hard work..no one will come and feed us..if you give your 100 % then we can succeed..you only think if we come prepared with all the question which is coming in the exam,then we would say question were easy..but we hadn't prepared the question coming to the exam then we would say questions was not easy..

see teh difference..IAS EXAM is also the same..we knwo the syllabus and we know ourself that in which field we have knowledge and which topic we need to practice more..right...

so we should prepare proper time table and follow as per the plan..

whatever planned to finish the portion as oer the time table,we should not post poned it..

practice the model papers as muh you can

have a grip on history and current affairs

you must satisfy the IAS officer eligibility criteria.

you need to crack the upsc civil service exam which includes=

-preliminary test

-main test

-interview

**if in case you had not clear the exam,then think it next time give more effort then the previous time..right

"Confidence is the result of hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication."

good luck

thank you
1st November 2013, 08:28 AM
Unregistered

hi friends,
I have small query ...... I m 28 yrs old guy............I m looking to write the exam next year 2014........I m avg student and this is first attempt .......I havnt started training or coaching ............what do u guys suggest ..............should I go for it .....please give me u r valuable suggestion.........ias qualified people .............please reply .......thanks or mail [email protected]
5th December 2013, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

I am a bcom student and average student but want to become ias for my parents ? Is it very difficult as I am practically more aware then studies of book I don't like much studying from book ... Please help me with suggestion .....
25th July 2014, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Is ca is compulsory for ias and how many hours did you want to study for it?
21st June 2015, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

I am final year student of electrical and electronics engineering ..can I choose art subject for main exam???
27th June 2015, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

I am from mangalore.I am studying in first year Bcom..I am seeking for IAS officer...when i should write enterance exam for ias..and is there any good coaching institutions near by?
20th May 2017, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

I don't know the syllabus of IAS prelims & mains exam & also give me the information about interview & without any coaching, i can succeed or topper in lAS exam? Please clear my doubts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?