6th December 2019, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

IELTS score requirement for admissions in Master's Cyber Security in USA or UK?

I have taken the IELTS academic exam 2 times. First time my IELTS academic course I have got in Listening 4.5, Reading 4.5, Writing 5, Speaking 5 and overall I have got 5 band score.

For second time I have got Listening 5, Reading 4.5, Writing 5.5, Speaking 6 over all band is 5.5.

Is there any chance of getting admission in Master's in USA Universities or Master's in Canada Universities or UK or European universities? I want to study Master's in Cyber Security.

4th November 2020, 02:50 PM
Ulna
Banned

Default Re: IELTS score requirement for admissions in Master's Cyber Security in USA or UK?

The eligibility band you will require to study masters degree in united kingdom is 6.0
The eligibility band you will have to score to study masters in Canada is 6.5 but not anything less than 6.0
So if you want to study in the following countries than you will at least have to have an overall band of 6.0
There are some university taht will accept some low grade but if you want to study from some prestigious university you must have to have an overall of 6.0 band
19th November 2020, 12:51 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: IELTS score requirement for admissions in Master's Cyber Security in USA or UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have taken the IELTS academic exam 2 times. First time my IELTS academic course I have got in Listening 4.5, Reading 4.5, Writing 5, Speaking 5 and overall I have got 5 band score.

For second time I have got Listening 5, Reading 4.5, Writing 5.5, Speaking 6 over all band is 5.5.

Is there any chance of getting admission in Master's in USA Universities or Master's in Canada Universities or UK or European universities? I want to study Master's in Cyber Security.
***IELTS Requirement for Canada
For good universities, it is often a total score of 6.5 and a minimum of 6 per section.
***IELTS and the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
For admission to undergraduate programmes the IELTS minimum score is usually 5.5 or 6.0 whilst for postgraduate the minimum score is 6.5 or 7.0, but it might vary depending on the academic institution.

***In USA : -if you don't have a TOEFL or IELTS score, don't panic, there are still other options that will allow you to study in the USA(Now there are taking students with low score)

***In UK:- you can apply for study visa in UK after securing 5.5 band in IELTS examination,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?