11th October 2011, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

If I have interest in Maths which branch of engineering should I select?

Which branch of engineering should i select,if i dont have interest in maths?

11th October 2011, 03:11 PM
biswas1908

Thumbs up Re: If I have interest in Maths which branch of engineering should I select?

If you are really interested in MATHS and would like to play wit it and earn a name the best way is to sit for the enterance examination for the Indian statistics institute loveingly known as ISI, it is is at Kolkata, BT road. The passout from this institute makes there way into various orgainsation in Indian govenment. the alumi are also liked at various instiute at UK and USA. so best of luck.
11th October 2011, 07:34 PM
_Nikhil_Raj_

Default Re: If I have interest in Maths which branch of engineering should I select?

You can choose MECH. OR ARCHitecture but beside loving maths you should have some interest in Physics also
11th October 2011, 08:13 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I have interest in Maths which branch of engineering should I select?

in engineering there are lot of mathematics and physics whatever stream you will choose. in the first year of engineering there is common mathematics paper for all stream of engineering. there you have to learn so many chapters of mathematics. after that in different time in different subject there are so many mathematical problem related to mathematics. to solve that and to understand that you should have basic knowledge on mathematics. without mathematics engineering can't go ahead.

now if you don't have interest on mathematics then i will suggest you to avoid engineering study. in engineering you have to solve basic mathematics like Integration, derivatives, probability etc. if you know mathematics but you did not find so much interest on mathematics then you may go for engineering in any stream. but with a very small knowledge on mathematics don't go for engineering.

there are so many other option for you in which mathematics is not required or less require. you may go for chemistry or physics related study or biology related study. you may do some course on computer where mathematics is required but a very little. i think you will learn that part very easily.

best of luck.
11th October 2011, 08:33 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
All the engineering field requires knowledge of maths .so if you choose maths then you need to have good knowledge in maths.But for few branches like computer and IT you do not have maths after a year.Moreover they do not require much maths knowledge.
The branches with more maths are Civil,Mechanical etc .They require maths for their entire carrier as they are inter linked with maths.You can choose if you have more interest towards maths
11th October 2011, 09:10 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: If I have interest in Maths which branch of engineering should I select?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Almost all the branches of engineering require maths..there can't be any branch in which mathematics is not involved..be it computer science,be it electronics or be it civil engineering..every stream has the necessity of maths in it..

So,instead of maths..make some other criteria of selection of stream..

Go for the stream which you think..you have got an interest in..

If you are good in coding,then go for Computer Science or IT..if you have interest in circuits then go for Electricals or Electronics..

If you have interest in designing and field work then go for automobile engineering,mechanical or civil engineering..

Choose your stream according to your interest..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
11th October 2011, 11:27 PM
TRitesh

The overall study of Engineering is maximum depends upon the mathematics,physics.As per the Civil Branch their is maximum portion of mechanics so that's require good knowledge of mathematics.As such Software related branch just like Information Technology, Computer Science,Coputertechnology in such brances require the whole mathematics such as logic,trignometric and other all types of mathematics becouse as such the customers requirement he require any type of software to fulfill his requirement we should know the all types of mathematics.
In all such branches of engineering student shoud having good mathematics knowledge.
but to select branch on the basis of mathematics he have all the ways to select any branch which having the more scope on the current session and according to his future but it should be depend on that candidate that which field is more like him to do work.

best of luck
16th October 2011, 07:20 PM
rathodabhijit47

Quote:
If you are not interested in mathematics them you can select any of the following branches:
:->chemical
:->microbiology
27th November 2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

which branch of engineering is suitable if i have more interest in maths
7th January 2012, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

I want to be an architectural engineer. Is this branch available for BE?
12th May 2012, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi,My name is SESHU.I have written IIT JEE 2012 and I am confident of getting into IIT.I have a little interest in mechanics.Mainly I am interested in mathematics. Can I choose mechanical branch in engineering? Which, either maths or physics, is more in Mechanical? PLEASE HELP ME....
15th May 2012, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Technology, by definition, is the application of science in service of humanity.
Engineering is a technical degree. Engineering students learn applied physics and applied mathematics where as physics and mathematics graduates learn pure mathematics and pure physics( which are very fundamental). If you are interested in maths and science, in general, please make yourself clear. Make your mind and have a clear picture about what you are interested in, i.e. either pure science or applied science. Go go engineering only if you are interested in applied science otherwise do a masters in pure science stream which will make you more satisfied with your knowledge. A person who has a sound knowledge of pure physics and pure mathematics can become a good 'Engineer' by profession than person who studied Engineering in academics.
15th May 2012, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi,My name is SESHU.I have written IIT JEE 2012 and I am confident of getting into IIT.I have a little interest in mechanics.Mainly I am interested in mathematics. Can I choose mechanical branch in engineering? Which, either maths or physics, is more in Mechanical? PLEASE HELP ME....
If you are interested in mathematics do a degree in mathematics.
23rd May 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

i am intresting in mathematics and want to do B E . is computer science branch suitable for me?? plzz reply
2nd September 2012, 08:25 PM
ankursachan

Smile Re: If I have interest in Maths which branch of engineering should I select?

hi...
if you are intrested in maths then you should go for ISI (Indian statistics institute) and if you are interested in enng branch you should go for mechanical or civil.
8th February 2013, 12:13 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Almost all the branches of engineering require maths..there can't be any branch in which mathematics is not involved..be it computer science,be it electronics or be it civil engineering..every stream has the necessity of maths in it..

If you are good in coding,then go for Computer Science or IT..if you have interest in circuits then go for Electricals or Electronics..

If you have interest in designing and field work then go for automobile engineering,mechanical or civil engineering..

all the best..
8th February 2013, 12:14 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

all the best..
27th May 2013, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

which branch in engineering shall i choose if i have no interest in physics bt i have much interest in maths?
14th June 2013, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

I m intersted in eee but i do maths very well which branch i ll take??
27th April 2014, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

which branch should i select after 12 in IIT if i have great interest in mathematics but i dont want to do civil,mechanical,electrical,chemical engineering. i want to go in any other branch and earn fame.
8th July 2014, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
there is more %age of maths in mechanical...but u also need to know that it has the max. physics of all possible branches of engineering
8th July 2014, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Cool Re: If I have interest in Maths which branch of engineering should I select?

Quote:
i am intresting in mathematics and want to do B E . is computer science branch suitable for me?? plzz reply
i think if u hav interest in mathematics...comp sc. should b least preferred...since it has negligible maths after the first year...so of no use
21st July 2016, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

I have interest in physics not math which branch of engineering should I select ?
16th June 2019, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in Maths and physics. I am in class 11 from up board. My English is so week. I want to do IIT. I do not like computer science....
Please advised me... Which branch is perfect for me...????
2nd August 2020, 10:53 PM
Sunnyprem960

Hello,

If you have good grip in maths and wants to do engineering, then I advice you to do mechanical or civil engineering.. Where you see a lot of mathematical related question solving challenges...

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?