28th June 2021, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

If I'm having skill set of programmer will software industries hire me as I am a bcom graduate?

I'm currently pursuing Bcom. But my major concern is if I'm having skill set of programmer will software industries hire me as I am a bcom graduate?

28th June 2021, 01:27 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: If I'm having skill set of programmer will software industries hire me as I am a bcom graduate?

°°° To become a software engineer you really need to know how to use a computer which is typically and idiotic black box that does not understand anything but you as a software engineer must tell everything prior what to do when something happens.
As a BCom graduate you have a great prospect in this industry.
If you have the skills required then nobody is going to ask you about the degree it is just your practical skills and how you implement matters.
Adding about job prospects, people do not mind about your background if you know how to do it and if you pitch your skills to the right market with your commerce/accounting domain knowledge and software engineering skills you are way ahead of the typical software engineer who need to gain domain knowledge where he or she might invest some time to understand things in analysis and design phase.
28th June 2021, 04:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I'm having skill set of programmer will software industries hire me as I am a bcom graduate?

A simple graduate BCom student cannot survive in a software industry.
To survive in a software industry you got to have a complete IT knowledge which can only be attained through education in information technology field.
If you opt for short term courses like tally, DCA, DTP, C++, Java etc. You may find yourself temporary jobs in some private firms.
But a plain BCom Degree could not be suffice for a software industry.
29th June 2021, 04:59 PM
top salesforce consulting

Default Re: If I'm having skill set of programmer will software industries hire me as I am a bcom graduate?

Well it depends, if you talk about a top Salesforce consulting company, they definitely focus on the skill sets of a candidate. This has helped them in giving the best to the clients.
29th June 2021, 05:01 PM
top salesforce consulting

Well it depends, if you talk about a top Salesforce consulting company, they definitely focus on the skill sets of a candidate. This has helped them in giving the best to the clients.
30th June 2021, 02:54 PM
Iffa0786

Switching streams is not easy but if you're really interested in programming and even have sufficient skills to pursue your passion, plenty of companies will open the door of opportunities for you. You can enroll in diploma courses for programming with job guarantee. As a B.com graduates you can work on Accounting packages, E commerce application, ERP, web development etc, where their domain knowledge will be useful. Companies are always hunting for people with right knowledge and skills.
30th June 2021, 04:54 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Yes,you can apply as a programmer in software companies.
In this pandemic situation,most of the companies looks for extra skills which you have done.
Irrespective of one's qualification,gender companies are hiring for the post,if you fit into that criteria ,you can be a part of it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?