20th August 2014, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Job in Oil and Gas Industry outside India having 10 months experience in Electrode Manufacturing Industry?

sir my name is Atit Sharma , I have done B.tech in mechanical and having 10 months of experience in electrode manufacturing industry in production and quality department of the company and i want to work in gas and oil industry . Please tell me how can i get job.
[email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. What additional course to do after B.E. Marine Engineering for career in Oil and Gas Industry? How to apply and what would be the starting designation?
  2. How to do marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical?
  3. Am I eligible for Drug Inspector being a candidate not having 18 months of Manufacturing Industry Experience?
  4. How to make a better career in Oil and Gas sector?
  5. How to pursue a career in Petroleum Engineering?
  6. Which branch is better between Aeronautical and Petroleum?
  7. What are the best courses in M.Tech for B.E Mechanical engineers
  8. How can I join in Oil and Gas Industry job in Kuwait?
  9. What is Petroleum Technology? Is it safe for females?
  10. Eligibility criteria for IES exam? Which courses to do to improve my skills(Working in Oil and Gas Industry in Pipeline Division)?
  11. How to pursue MBA marketing and finance after passing B.Tech CSE with 10 months of freelancing experience
  12. What is the RTO entrance exam criteria? I am working in manufacturing industry
  13. Government Job Opportunities for me being a candidate having 15 years of experience in Textile Industry?
  14. What are the jobs offered after completing B.Tech Biotechnology?
  15. Can I do higher studies in Petroleum Engineering after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What is the scope of Geology?
  17. How to get a government job after having 28 years of experience in Industry and B.Tech?
  18. List of companies offering industrial training in power plant, thermal power plant, oil and gas industry in Kolkata, West Bengal for 3rd year B.Tech(E&I stream) students? Which one of these training is beneficial for me?
7th April 2023, 05:10 AM
SurajKapoor

Default Re: Job in Oil and Gas Industry outside India having 10 months experience in Electrode Manufacturing Industry?

Highlight your academic qualifications and skills relevant for positions in oil & gas companies such as technical, mechanical, hands-on experience, problem-solving abilities, safety orientation, etc. While limited experience may be a concern, emphasize potentials, passion for the work and willingness to learn.

Gain exposure through internships, short-term courses or research projects in oil & gas exploration, drilling, production, transportation or related domains. This will expand your knowledge, skills and network which can benefit your job search. If possible, do an internship at companies you are interested in applying to.

Develop a customized resume focused on skills, qualifications and interests that match oil & gas industry requirements. You can mention your electrode manufacturing experience briefly under a separate ‘Relevant Experience’ section but focus the resume on transitioning to the new sector. Prepare some examples from your knowledge or exposure to highlight relevance.

Prepare well for interviews by researching the company, required profiles, key responsibilities, challenges in those roles and how your profile can address them. Practice discussing technical concepts, complex equipment you can handle, job-specific cases studies with solutions, etc. Be ready to clearly explain your interests and suitability for an oil & gas career transition.

Apply for entry-level positions such as production engineer, drilling engineer, facility engineer, operations engineer, etc. with major oil & gas companies based in the locations you want to work in. Use websites like OilJobs.com, Rigzone, Monster Gulf, etc. Attend career fairs and connect with recruiters who are hiring for such companies.

Some companies you can consider include Saudi Aramco, Shell, Chevron, BP, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, Petrobras, CNOOC, etc. Apply through their job portals and also directly connect with senior employees in departments of interest on LinkedIn. You never know which internal referrals and recommendations may lead to opportunities.

Be flexible in exploring related roles and locations based on available opportunities. Try to get selected in companies offering training programs for freshers as it will provide good exposure as well as job security. Build experience over time and continue learning to progress in your career.

Along with the above tips, keep yourself updated with industry trends, new technology developments and courses you can take to expand knowledge in areas of interests like drilling, production, operations safety, etc. Stay determined and keep applying consistently until you land the right job opportunity in the oil & gas sector.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?