8th May 2012, 08:06 PM

Is IGNOU UGC approved? Can a student with PG from IGNOU apply for NET?

is ignou ugc approved? student with pg done from ignou can apply for net?

18th May 2012, 03:18 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is IGNOU UGC approved? Can a student with PG from IGNOU apply for NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1667 View Post
Indira Gandhi National Open University, often referred as IGNOU, is recognized as a Central University by the University Grants Commission of India and therefore, having passed post-graduation from the university, you will be definitely considered eligible for National Eligibility Test provided you have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the post-graduation exam.
The required percentage of marks is relaxed for candidates belonging to SC/ST category is 50%.
Apart from this, it is also important to note that you will be able to take the National Eligibility Test only in the subject in which you have completed your masters degree program.
25th July 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is IGNOU UGC approved? Can a student with PG from IGNOU apply for NET?

can i join a college for enggineering wch is approved by ignou n not by aicte?
5th December 2012, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Can IGNOU P.G student can apply Ph.d programme in any other central university
6th December 2012, 02:32 AM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello friend,

Yes , IGNOU is approved by UGC & others Affiliations AICTE, COL, DEC, AIU,

UNESCO.

This Central University is named after the former Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi.

IGNOU APPROVAL LETTERS BY UGC;

Yes , surely you can apply for NET (NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST ) after passing master's degree from IGNOU.

BEST WISHES.......[/CENTER]
13th March 2013, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Is two year Part time Masters degree from AICT and UGC approved university eligble for appearing in NET exams?
13th March 2013, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Is two year Part time Masters degree from AICT and UGC approved university eligble for appearing in NET exams?
14th March 2013, 12:14 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is one of the most reputed open university in the country. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission, therefore after completing post graduation from IGNOU, you can appear for the National Eligibility Test.

However to appear for the entrance exam, you must meet the other requirements which includes percentage, age limit etc. If you are meeting the other criteria set by University Grants Commission for the National Eligibility Test, then feel free to apply for it.

Eligibility Criteria

1. To appear for NET, you should be citizen of India.

2. A valid Post graduation degree in any discipline is required.

3. Must have at least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

4. SC and ST will require minimum of 50 percent marks.

5. Final year students currently pursuing post graduation are also eligible.

6. However only appear if you can meet the percentage criteria and would be able to submit the degree within 2 years of completing the NET. Otherwise you will get disqualified.

7. There is no limit on number of appearences.

8. Choose subject for NET which is related to your post graduation course.

Age Criteria

1. Junior Research Fellowship - Age limit is 28 years.

2. College Lectureship - There is no upper age limit.
15th March 2013, 01:16 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IGNOU is Indira Gandhi National Open University.

The acronym for UGC is University Grants Commission.

Yes, IGNOU is approved by UGC. Any contendors who want to apply for Net from IGNOU, can do.

Approval letter of IGNOU by UGC is mentioned as below:-

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
19th March 2013, 07:57 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

IGNOU Stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University.

This University is recognized by the following educational Societies :

1) UGC [University Grants Commission]

2) DEC [ Distance Education Council]

3) AICTE [All India Council For Technical Education]

So , the naswer is yes a student with PG from IGNOU can definitely apply for the National Eligibility Test which requires post graduation with a minimum of 55% marks from any UGC recognized university.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
31st March 2013, 12:09 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of IGNOU is Indira Gandhi National Open University.

Yes, IGNOU is University Grants Commission or UGC approved.

This university is Distance Education Council or DEC and All India Council for Technical Education or AICTE approved too.

Exactly, an opponent with post-graduation from IGNOU university can apply for National Eligibility Test.

But, opponents must have 55% marks in master degree.

Thanks.
31st March 2013, 05:31 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Hi dear...

Yes, IGNOU (Indra Gandhi National Open University) is UGC (University Grants Commission) approved.

So, after doing a course, you are eligible for NET as far as you fulfill eligibility criteria for the same as mentioned below :-

> You should have completed your graduation with at least 55% marks.

Relaxation is given to Reserved category candidates, For SC/ST 50% marks are required.

You should be a citizen of India.

You can apply for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) for which the age limit is 19 to 28 years.

OR

You can go for Lectureship, it has no upper age limit, lower age limit is 19 years.

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy
31st March 2013, 06:21 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

IGNOU-Indira Gandhi National Open University.

Yeah yes friend, IGNOU has been approved by the University Grants Commission(UGC), DEC(Distance Education Council), AICTE, COL, UNESCO and AOE.

This is a Central University and yes you can write NET exam after completing of PG from IGNOU.
The approval letter are shown below.

Best of luck.
1st April 2013, 12:56 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

YES IGNOU Post Graduates can apply for the NET Exams
IGNOU is recognised by UGC

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

NET Exam is conducted for:
Lecturership
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

Age Limit:
Lectureship-No age limit
JRF- Maximum age to apply is 28 years

SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
PAPER 1 - 100 Marks 50 questions of two marks each
PAPER 2 - 100 Marks 50 questions of two marks each
PAPER 3 - 150 Marks 75 questions of two marks each
1st April 2013, 04:46 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is IGNOU UGC approved? Can a student with PG from IGNOU apply for NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1667 View Post

Eligibility For UGC NET Exam

IGNOU is the acronym for Indira Gandhi National Open University and you will be glad to know that it is a Central Government Recognized institution..

Hence, all candidates passing from IGNOU are eligible for appearing in all the government exams taking place across the country including UGC NET

The National Eligibility Test(NET) is held in June and December for JRF and lectureship by the UGC every year..

Minimum required qualifications to give the NET Exam are :-

1> Applicant must have completed post graduation from a recognized institution with an aggregate of 55% for general/OBC candidates

a) The minimum required percentage for SC/ST candidates is 50% without rounding off..

2> Age of candidates applying for JRF must be less than 28 years and no age limit for applying for lectureship..

The exams which you will have to face are as follows :-

1> Paper-1 :- which is a general paper for all candidates and will have 60 questions out of which any 50 are to be done in 75 minutes..

2> Paper-2 :- specific to your master's subject and will have 50 questions to be done in 75 minutes..

3> Paper-3 :- 75 questions to be done in 120 minutes and paper is specific to your stream..

Click Here to have more information regarding UGC NET..

Click Here for details regarding the syllabus of your subject..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
15th June 2013, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for ONGC if i have a IGNOU Degree?
2nd July 2013, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

i hv cmpltd my mastr dgree in Dietetics and food service management from IGNOU...bt i hv cmpltd my grduation in ZBC stream....
M I elegible for NET...?????? or in whch sbjc???
15th August 2013, 12:59 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend yes IGNOU is approved by University Grants Commission(UGC) .

This university is also approved by Distance Education Council(DEC)

and All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE).

So, friend yes you can write NET exam after completing of PG from IGNOU.

All the best.......
15th August 2013, 10:43 PM
arpina

HELLO,

Yes,IGNOU is UGC approved &
It is also approved by All India Council for Technical Education.

ALL THE BEST!!
18th November 2013, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

how much percentage of marks is required for applying MA English Literature in IGNOU?When will PG Classes starts?
25th August 2014, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

After complete pg from IGNOU, can I sit for SET exam in any state (in india)& go any where for PHD in the world(USA, USA. & Other)
11th May 2015, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

after completion Bachelor preparatory programme (BPP) from ignou and i want to pursue B'com from ignou, after completing B'com... Can i apply for job if i have a IGNOU Degree?
8th June 2015, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I give competative exam by ingou certified undergraduation courses when I completed?
23rd May 2016, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Is the Ph.D degree awarded by IGNOU is approved or accepted by UGC?
21st June 2017, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

If i take admission in IGNOU in PHD commerce. am I eligible for taking scholarship from ugc as i am net qualified. and how much scholarship i will get.
21st June 2017, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

I was completed Diploma in engineering. Can i study Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Studies.
26th October 2017, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Can a student of IGNOU apply for M.Phil in Clinical Psychology in colleges under RCI?
4th July 2018, 01:41 PM
markumar1957

This latest list available in the UGC DEB does not have IGNOU listed. Can anyone clarify whether Masters Degree through distance education delivered by IGNOU will not go waste? Thanks

Raja Kumar
7th July 2018, 03:09 PM
Anushka Kashyap
Member+

IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University.

UGC stands for University Grants Commission.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

Yes, IGNOU is approved by UGC.

Yes, a student can apply for NET, if he/she passed out PG from IGNOU.

NET exam is conducted for these two posts mentioned below:-

1. JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

2. Assistant Professor.

Educational qualifications required for NET exam are mentioned below:-

1. Completion of post-graduation with 55% marks from any recognized board or university.

2. Final year candidates are also eligible.

3. Age limit:- Not more than 30 years(JRF).
No age limit(Assistant Professor).

4. Nationality:- Indian.

5. Age relaxation:- 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

6. Marks relaxation:- 50% marks for OBC, SC/ST candidates.
12th August 2018, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

I have passed MSW from IGNOU.Can I apply for Ph.D in any conventional universities in India?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?