8th August 2012, 05:24 PM
amitpandey00

Is IME approved by AICTE? Can I be able to get a seat in IAS or IES examination?

is IME aproved by AICTE? can i able to seat in IAS or IES examination?PLEASE give me a way

11th August 2012, 06:29 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is IME approved by AICTE? Can I be able to get a seat in IAS or IES examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpandey00 View Post
is IME aproved by AICTE? can i able to seat in IAS or IES examination?PLEASE give me a way
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IME) is not recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). However, as per the guideline of AICTE, students of IME needs to undergo a minimum of 3 months of apprenticeship training at AICTE approved Polytechnic college to be awarded with certificate equivalent to diploma in mechanical engineering and at AICTE approved degree college to be awarded with certificate equivalent to degree in mechanical engineering.

So, candidates undergoing the apprenticeship training will be considered eligible for examinations conducted by Central Government as well as State Governments of India. Therefore, candidates, after successfully qualifying 24 papers of section A and B of Associate Membership program, offered by Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IME) and three months of apprenticeship training at AICTE approved degree college will definitely be able to write civil service examination (for IAS/APS) as well as Engineering Service Exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?