25th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Information about IES? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year of civil department

i am studying b.tech 2nd year of civil department.I want information about the ies and competition in every year with category

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
  2. Full information about IES exam including syllabus? How to prepare for IES? I am a 3rd year civil student
  3. Companies offering Training for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year student?
  4. In which Companies I can get Internship being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  5. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  6. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Previous year solved Question Papers for IES Exam for Civil Engineering?
  8. Possibility to change college under WBUT if studying B.Tech(CE) through lateral entry?
  9. Last date to apply for scholarship after studying BTech 2nd year
  10. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  11. After B.Tech how can I join IES entrance exam?
  12. How can I get education loan being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year student? -- [New]
  13. Is there any vacancy in any company after doing internship? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
  14. How to appear for GPSC entrance exam? I am studying in B.E Civil 2nd year in ITM University
  15. How can I get into NASA while studying in B.Tech 2nd year(Electronics and Communication Engineering)?
  16. How can I do training in god companies? I am studying in B.Tech 2nd year
  17. How to prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
  18. What are the opportunities after completion of B.Tech? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
25th August 2013, 04:13 PM
nishi513

Default Re: Information about IES? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year of civil department

HI FRIEND
## IES(Indian Engineering Services) examination is conducted by UPSC every year
## Minimum educational qualification required to apply for IES examination is degree in engineering with atleast 60% of marks from recognised institution or university
## Age limit to apply for IES exam is 21-30 years and the age relaxations are
->3 years for OBC candidates
->5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates
->10 years age relaxation for PWD candidates
## Selection process is written test followed by personal interview
## For further details visit www.upsc.gov.in

** ALL THE BEST **
25th August 2013, 11:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about IES? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year of civil department

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying b.tech 2nd year of civil department.I want information about the ies and competition in every year with category

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination

If you have completed your Bachelor Engineering Degree course, then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination, But your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from these . M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also applicable for IES Exam.Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Sorry to say that 2nd year B-Tech degree holder candidate are not applicable for IES exam .

The applicant age should be in between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.

SC/ST = 5 years .
OBC =3 years .
PWD =10 years .
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years .

Pattern for IES exam :-

Best Books for IES Exam for Civil Engineer

IES - 2013 Civil Engineering: Topicwise Objective Solved Papers
by B. Singh
Publisher: Made Easy Publications

IES-2012-Civil Engineering Paper - II PB
by Made Easy
Publisher: Made Easy Publications - New Delhi

I have attached the syllabus of IES Exam of civil Engineering department so please check it out now.

For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES SYLLABUS FOR CE.pdf(90.5 KB, 59 views)
26th August 2013, 03:03 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Nice to see your interest in the IES field. The Indian Engineering Services (IES) entrance examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year. If you are interested in this field then to appear in the IES entrance examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for IES Examination.
--> Candidates must pass the degree course in engineering. Final year candidates can also appear for the IES examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is applicable for the reservation category.

NOTE :- The Computer Science and Information Technology branch candidates are not eligible to apply for the IES examination.

If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IES entrance examination. The competition is really tough so work hard to get success in the examination. To get more information regarding the IES entrance examination kindly visit the official website of the UPSC :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th August 2013, 04:23 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service

1.IES exam is a one of the civil service exam.This exam conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

2.Indian Engineering Service exam is only open for Engineering candidates.

Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:

The candidate should be origin of India.

Education:

who have graduated in one of the four following streams of the B.Tech in Civil Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Mechanical engineering/Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Final year students of B.Tech course can also apply for IES Exam.

There is no minimum percentage required to eligible for this exam.

Age limit:

Your age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

Upper age relaxation is applicable as per govt rules.

3 years relaxation for OBC.

5 years relaxation for SC\ST.

10 years relaxation for PH.

Both male and female candidates are eligible.

Number of Attempts:

4 attempts for the General category.

7 attempts for the OBC category.

No limit of attempts for the SC\ST category.

Exam Syllabus and Pattern details

Paper I (Objective Paper) - Total Marks 600.

1.General ability test and General studies - Total Duration 2 hours.
2.Engineering Paper I - Total Duration 2 hours.
3.Engineering Paper II - Total Duration 2 hours.

Paper II (Conventional Paper) - Total Marks 600.

1.Engineering Paper I - Total duration will be 3 hours.
2.Engineering Paper II - Total duration will be 3 hours.

all the best...........
26th August 2013, 07:51 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service. It is conducted for 4 branches of Engineering which includes Civil Engineering as well. This means that you are eligible for the Indian Engineering Service.

However you can not appear right now. You should either complete the Civil Engineering or wait till you have reached the 4 year of the course. Before that you are not allowed to apply for the Indian Engineering Service.

Indian Engineering Service has become quite popular among the Engineering graduates. The jobs are very reputed which attracts Engineers to appear for this exam. However one should know that IES is one of the most difficult entrance exams in the world to crack.

Therefore you will have to study very hard to crack the Indian Engineering Service. The jobs offered through IES are in various government departments and even in Public Sector Undertaking.

Civil Engineers are given jobs in the following departments.

Indian Railway Service of Engineers

Indian Railway Stores Service

Central Engineering Service

Indian Defense Service of Engineers

Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)

Central Water Engineering

Central Engineering Service (Roads)

Border Roads Engineering Service

IES Eligibility

1. You should be citizen of India.

2. With valid B.Tech or B.E degree.

3. There is no criteria for marks.

4. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. 5 years of relaxation is given to SC/ST.
26th August 2013, 11:53 PM
umang_28
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,

IES stands for INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE.
This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.
Following is the eligibility for IES :

* A candidate who have completed their Bachelor Degree in Engineering Stream that is B.E/B.Tech in the following branch can apply for this exam from Recognized Universities can apply for this exam :

1. Civil Engineering

2. Mechanical Engineering

3. Electrical Engineering

4. Electronics & Communications Engineering

Eligibility :-

* A candidate must have Nationality of India.

* Bachelor Degree holder in the above listed branch.

* Age of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years.

* Relaxation for OBC up to 3 years on upper age.

* For SC/ST it is up to 5 years on upper age.

* For PH/PWD it is up to 10 years provided.

* A General candidate can apply for it maximum 4 times.

* OBC candidate can apply up to 7 times.

umang_28

27th August 2013, 05:51 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Educational Qualifications required to apply for IES exams is:

>> BE/BTECH pass in any stream
OR
>> Passed section A and Section B of Instution examinations of Institution of Engineers
Or
>> Graduate Membership Examination of Institute of electronics and Telecommunication Engineers

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

To apply for this exam you have to wait for UPSC to advertise the positions
Once advertisement is released than you have to apply online from the website http://upsconline.nic.in/

Selection Procedure Involves:
>>Written Test
>> Personality Test

Written Test:

It will have two sections
Sections 1 will have objective questions
Section 2 will have subjective questions
29th August 2013, 10:31 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IES stands for Idian Engineering Services. An examination is conducted by the Union Public Services Commission for recruiting officers to the IES. The recruitment is done under the following categories:-
  1. Civil Engineering
  2. Mechanical Engineering
  3. Electrical Engineering
  4. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
For this service any one of the following qualification is required:-

## You should get a degree in Engineering from a recognized university.

## You should have passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers.

## You should have passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers.

For the post of Indian Naval Armament Service you should have done your M.Sc in any one of the following subjects:- Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering.

Age should not be less than 21 years when applying for this examination. For the general category candidates the upper age limit is 30 years. In the case of Government Servants of certain categories the upper age limit is relaxed up to 35 years.

IES Books To Follow:-

1. IES - 2013 Civil Engineering: Conventional Solved Papers (Paper - 1) by Made Easy Publications

2. IES - 2013 CE Civil Engineering: Topicwise Objective Solved Papers (Paper - 2) 8th Edition (Paperback) by Made Easy Publications

3. Chapterwise Solved Papers (2012 - 2000) IES Indian Engineering Services: Civil Engineering (Paper - 1 & 2) (Paperback) by Prasant Dixit

4. Fully Solved Multiple Choice Questions for IES, GATE, PSUs Civil Engineering by B.Singh

Hope this helps :-> :->
29th August 2013, 11:38 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service.

This exam conducted by the UPSC every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

The applicant should be complete bachelor of engineering in any of the following stream from a recognised university.

***Civil engineering,

***Electrical engineering,

***Mechanical engineering,

***Electronics and Communication engineering.

Or

You should be complete M.Sc degree or it's equivalent with Wireless communication, electronics, Radio physics or radio engineering from a recognised university.

No need of percentage restrictions to appear this exam.

Applicant must be an INDIAN origin.

Age criteria:-

The candidates age should be in between 21 years to 30 years,

3 years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates,

10 years upper age relaxation for PWD candidates.

Selection procedure:-

Preliminary examination,

Mains examination,

Personal interview.

Number of attempts:-

4 times for General category candidates,

7 times for OBC category candidates,

No limit for SC/ST category candidates.

Exam pattern:-

For more details visit
www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
30th August 2013, 01:54 AM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
IES stands for Indian engineering services , ies exam is conducted by upsc every year ,

ies exam is conduct for :

civil engineering

electrical engineering

mechanical engineering

electronics & communication engineering

must possess m.sc or equivalent degree for radio engineer .wireless communication, from a recognized university

for other you need a minimum graduation degree

age limit :

minimum age limit is 21-30 years
3 years relaxation for obc candidates
5 ear for sc/st students

no of attempts allowed :

4 for general
7 for obc
no limit for sc/st

selection procedure :

prelims
mains
interview

good luck
30th August 2013, 09:31 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.................

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Engineering course then also you are applicable for IES exam OR If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.

Those candidate have completed engineering degree with below given department are applicable for IES exam-

1.Civil Engineering

2.Electrical Engineering

3.Mechanical engineering.

4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Your minimum age should be 21 years.

Your age should not be above 28 years.

Exam Syllabus and Pattern details :-

Paper I (Objective Paper) - Total Marks 600.

General ability test and General studies - Total Duration 2 hours.

Engineering Paper I - Total Duration 2 hours.
Engineering Paper II - Total Duration 2 hours.

Paper II (Conventional Paper) - Total Marks 600.

Engineering Paper I - Total duration will be 3 hours.
Engineering Paper II - Total duration will be 3 hours.
30th August 2013, 01:19 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

IES (Indian Engineering Services) exam is conducted every year by UPSC for filling the vacancies of IAS,IPS and other civil service jobs and central govt jobs.

To appear for IES exams, an engineering degree in any discipline of engineering(Electrical Engineering/Civil Engineering/Mechanical engineering/Electronics Engineering) from a recognized university is must.

The minimum age should be not less than 21 years and maximum age not exceeding 30 years.

The age relaxation of upper limit is applicable for SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen candidates up to five years.

The examination is conducted in two phases of written test:- prelims and mains exam and if selected, followed by an interview.

Thanks.......................
30th August 2013, 04:24 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services Exam.

This exam is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year in order to recruit the candidates into the following Engineering services like
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering.

Here is the required eligibility criteria for the candidates in order to be eligible for this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation in Engineering from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course are also eligible to apply for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Engineering when they appear for Interview.

Age criteria :
-Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
-Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.
-Relaxation in upper age limit upto 10 years for the candidates with physical disabilities.

One should be a citizen of India.

As you are in the 2nd year of your Engineering course, you are not eligible to apply for this exam.

So, only one thing I can suggest you is to have preparation for the exam for these 2 years and apply for this exam in the very end or after completion of your Engineering course.

Collect the exam pattern and syllabus and prepare a plan to complete the syllabus and to crack the exam.

Go as per your plan to reach your goal.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?