19th October 2010, 06:15 PM
parimalam

Job opportunities for M.Sc. biotech in India and Abroad?

I have completed my M.sc. biotechnology in India .Now i am in US.I want to Know what kind of jobs are there for my qualification or else i have to do any skill improvement to get a jobs. please do me a favour.
thank you
parimalam

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges offering phD in biotech in india or abroad? Job opportunities after msc biotech? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Job opportunities in Abroad after M.Sc. Biotech?
  3. Which is better to do MSc Biotech in Abroad or in India? Is MSc Biotechnology from Canada a good choice?
  4. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available(In India and abroad) for Biotech students?
  5. Opportunities in India and abroad after B.Tech in Biotech from SRM University?
  6. Comparison between Biotech and B.Pharma?
  7. Information about MSc Biotech entrance exam?
  8. Job opportunities in abroad after M.Tech. in biotechnology with good research experience?
  9. Is there any integrate course of MSc(Biotech) and M.Tech(Biotech) from abroad? Which entrance exam is to be cleared?
  10. Job Opportunities after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology to get more salary?
  11. What are the job opportunities for MSc biotech students?
  12. What are the job opportunities available in India and in abroad after completion of MS in Aeronautics in abroad?
  13. Can I pursue my career in abroad after completing M.Com from Bangalore? -- [New]
  14. How does MS in aeronautics abroad plays important role in India?
  15. What are the job opportunities after Biotech? I have done MSc Biotech from Mumbai University
  16. What are courses that I can opt for M.Sc? Job opportunities and research opportunities in Abroad?
  17. Syllabus and scope of Biotech field? Opportunities for going abroad and how much will be the pay scale?
  18. After B.Tech Biotech is it better to take MSc Biotech? What are the job opportunities? In which posts can i get the job after MSc Biotech in Kerala?
20th October 2010, 08:20 AM
himmiyash

Smile Re: Job opportunities for M.Sc. biotech in India and Abroad?

hello parimalam,
there will be good opportunity to get a job in any biotech company,if you have good practical knowledge and handling.there also a good chance to enroll into a research project in any good laboratory.you should send a valuable write up to different scientists and if they get impressed ,they will call you.you can apply for JRF.you can also apply for any research project because many institutes call people who just passed their m.sc.,for project as an assistant and you can get stipend too.thanks
20th October 2010, 01:59 PM
neeraj_m
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Job opportunities for M.Sc. biotech in India and Abroad?

Hi Parimalam

You have loads of option as a biotechnolgist, both in India and Abroad. You can explore your options in these fields: Bio-Processing, Food Processing, Pharmaceutical Research, Drug Research, Chemical laboratories, Waste management and a lot more.

Some of the well known Bio-Tech companies include Amgen(USA), UCB(Belgium), Genzyme(USA), Biocon(India), MedImmune(USA), ImClone Systems(USA), Abraxis BioScience(USA),Dr Reddy's Laboratories(India), GlaxoSmithKline(India), Wockhadrt Limited(India), Krebs Biochemicals and Industries Limited(India), Nicholas Piramal India Limited(India), Wipro Healthsciences(India), IDPL(India) etc.

Coming back to your question on skill improvement; post Graduation is already an added skill-set to your acedmic profile. However, adding more to it is always a bonus. So If you are looking forward to taking up any skill improvement, try to do so in the field of BioTechnology itself.

Good Luck!

Regards

Neeraj
20th October 2010, 08:05 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Default Re: Job opportunities for M.Sc. biotech in India and Abroad?

Hi,
There is a great scope in Biotech in India and abroad. After IT it is the second fastest growing sector. You can easily get a job in companies like Biocon.
21st October 2010, 06:55 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Biotechnology is an inter-disciplinary science which includes not only biology, but also subjects like mathematics, physics, chemistry and engineering. Some of the fields where biotechnology studies are applicable are Medicine and health care, Industrial research and development, Agriculture and animal husbandry, Environment Research etc.
Candidates with a postgraduate degree in biotechnology will get jobs in different corporate and government sector. Qualified biotechnologists are capable of getting jobs in different pharmaceutical companies, chemical industries, bio-processing industries, agriculture related industries and pollution control industries in India and broad as well.
7th November 2010, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

i have completed me m.sc in biotech in 2009 with 74.9%, please suggest me biotech companies in delhi - ncr where i can apply...
18th December 2010, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

searching for project for the completion of msc bioechnology please help?
15th January 2011, 10:49 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: Job opportunities for M.Sc. biotech in India and Abroad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimalam View Post
I have completed my M.sc. biotechnology in India .Now i am in US.I want to Know what kind of jobs are there for my qualification or else i have to do any skill improvement to get a jobs. please do me a favour.
thank you
parimalam
Dear friend,
Bio technology is now one of the rising and also job oriented stream in the education system...
Many job opportunities are there for those students...
28th January 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/ mam, i have completed my m.sc biotech and i am searching for a job in biotech company. please do tell me bioech company in which i should get enroll myself
3rd February 2011, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my msc biotech, & i want to do job in biotech industry. pls help me how i have to prepare for interviews in industry?
18th March 2011, 07:37 AM
Unregistered

Biotechnology sucks. No jobs are there. All is hype!
5th April 2011, 08:21 PM
hussain johar

how cn u say dat biotech has no jobs ????
10th May 2011, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

sir/madam

i hav just finished my MSc.Biotechnology ..... im waiting for the last semester mark sheet........ also i hav my MBA in Hospital management........ please suggest some ideas to get a job according to my qualification
1st July 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Do biotechnology have job opportuniyies more in India compared to other countries?
27th July 2011, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

then why u dont tell about companies name which offered job bcoz u dont have anf its totally false
26th August 2011, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

i think there is no jobs in biotech if u r not qualified net with jrf
20th September 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

i have completed M.Sc.biotech and having 2years experience as microbiologist. i am getting married and settle in USA. what is the procedure to get jobs in USA?. is toefl score needed?
20th September 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

i have completed msc. biotechnology in 2007 now i am in usa in H4 dependent visa..i want to do some job in biotech field...can any company sponser me for a job or what i will do to get a job....plz reply me....
19th October 2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

there is no job for biotech. really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you will change your field, than you will get good chance.
21st October 2011, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

i have completed msc biotechnology....now i am in usa....how can i get a job.....i am now in H4 visa.....to get a job what i have to do...plz suggest me...
31st October 2011, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

i have completed msc biotech and have 2 yrs experience as microbiologists.....am getting settled in usa...how can i get job in usa? plz sugggest me...thanks
10th November 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

i have completed B.U.M.S. what kind of job for me in india
30th June 2012, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

I hv scored 67 percentage in S.S.C. exams. of 2012. i am interested in biotechnology. Is it advisable for me. how much percentage is reqd in H.Sc. exams to get admission for it? Which one is the best B.tech or M.Sc.? pls guide me regarding subjects for 11th class.
4th July 2012, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

I have completedmy M.tech in biotechnology and currently looking for jobs but unable to find any. Most of them require experience and i am a fesher, Can nebody plz help. i am even trying for project assistant thing but dey all want experience. please help. i desperately want a job
10th July 2012, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

hii
i have completed my MSc Biotechnology in India and cam to US. I want to how to continue my career in US.
What opportunities i am going to get here??
9th July 2013, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

there is no scope for M.Sc Biotechnology students in india...they don't have bright career in india...after a lot of hard work during M.Sc you will get a job of just 10000-15000rs only....So no use of doing Biotechnology...i am sharing my personal experience.....
9th July 2013, 07:27 PM
arshia sen

There is no scope in India...After M.Sc YOU will get a job of just 10000-15000 rs only...which is of no use...better to search in US as you will get good job but do some professional course as well...
ITS MY MESSAGE TO ALL STUDENTS DO NOT DO M.Sc Biotechnology...its a worst field with no career...as i am facing this situation..i am M.Sc Biotechnology...bettter to chooose MBA...
20th September 2013, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

I have Completed M.Sc Biotechnology from Bangalore University. I have worked with Diagnostics Industry for three years in India. Soon i will be moving to USA. What is the scope of my education and relevant experience in USA?
27th May 2016, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.Sc biotech from a private college under Mahatma Gandhi University... wat are the job opportunities in India and broad...??
1st August 2017, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

I have recently completed MSC in biotechnology.I am fresher So please suggest some ideas to get a job according to my qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?