21st October 2010, 02:44 PM
saunak_sengupta

LIC officers EXAM: Can we use calculator? GK questions are Indian based or World based?

I have a couple of questions on LIC officers exam to be held in september next year:
1. Can we use calculator for the numerical part of the exam?
2. Are the GK questions from INDIA/INDIAN and rest of the world?

Thankx

22nd October 2010, 06:59 AM
helpmaster

Default Re: LIC officers EXAM: Can we use calculator? GK questions are Indian based or World based?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunak_sengupta View Post
I have a couple of questions on LIC officers exam to be held in september next year:
1. Can we use calculator for the numerical part of the exam?
2. Are the GK questions from INDIA/INDIAN and rest of the world?

Thankx

As far I konw the level of exam is not too tough.
Calculator is allowed only in those exam where the calculations are very tough and very lengthy like in statistics and IIT's.In the competetive exams you need not to use calculator.

Second answer is that it comprises overall GK both national and international affairs
22nd October 2010, 08:41 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Default Re: LIC officers EXAM: Can we use calculator? GK questions are Indian based or World based?

no in LIC exam you are not allowed to use calculator in other word calculators are strictly prohibited. and question are basically indian based.
22nd October 2010, 02:59 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend,
As per my own experience of LIC officers exams which i have given this year,
the GK questions were world based but most of the questions were India based.
But it will be better if you prepare the world based GK.And there are lots of questions based on LIC.Calculators are not allowed.So you must practice a lot which will improve your solving speed.
23rd October 2010, 10:51 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

1.no,calculator is not allowed to use in any competitive exam.
2. G.K questions are based on the general awareness so they are from the rest of the world also.
23rd October 2010, 10:49 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Calculators cannot be used in any competitive exams. It is strictly prohibited. GK questions can be asked from any part of the world. Make sure to be well prepared and try to solve many previous question papers s possible to get familiar with the question patterns.
24th October 2010, 01:37 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Well The USE OF CALCULATORS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITTED...

And secondly most GK questions come from within the the country...but a very good knowledge of GLOBE SCAN is also required...

good luck !!
30th January 2012, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: LIC officers EXAM: Can we use calculator? GK questions are Indian based or World based?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilmi View Post
Hello Friend,
As per my own experience of LIC officers exams which i have given this year,
the GK questions were world based but most of the questions were India based.
But it will be better if you prepare the world based GK.And there are lots of questions based on LIC.Calculators are not allowed.So you must practice a lot which will improve your solving speed.

Hi Nikhil,
can You suggest me the exam shedule,I want to give exam for DO.
and please suggest me which book is best to prepare for exam.
30th December 2012, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

can any one send numarical test how can prepar
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?