7th June 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Is LLM course valid from private university?

sir
Im llb with 50% marks and im doing LLM private university. Can u tell me that LLM course is vaild from private university.

31st August 2016, 11:00 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is LLM course valid from private university?

LLM stands for Master in Legislative Law.
It is 2 years post graduate program for students who have completed their LLB degree from any recognized university.

For validation of degree, it is necessary that degree providing institute or university is recognized by UGC(University Grant Commission).
You can check the affiliation of college on the official website of UGC where a list of private college which is affiliated to UGC is available state wise.

In case, the university in which you are enrolled is affiliated to UGC then you don't have to worry about anything as your degree will valid everywhere.
But in case, the university is not in the list then you should leave the course at soon as possible without thinking about money spent as the degree will not be valid anywhere.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?