6th July 2011, 01:46 AM
aadi8720

Is M.Tech software engineering student eligible for PSU exam?

is mtech(soft. engg) student eligible for psu exam? Please tell me if i am eligible for it

Related Questions:
  1. What are the jobs after M.Tech in software engineering?
  2. Am I eligible for PSU exam after completing degree in 5 years?
  3. List of various PSU's in India? Date of PSU exam and their eligibility criteria? Is B.Tech Civil Engineering student eligible?
  4. Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously?
  5. Which books should I refer for PSU exam while in Electrical 3rd year? Should I go for M.Tech or PSU?
  6. Am I eligible in PSU company? I am a student of mechanical engineering
  7. Am I eligible for PSU exam if I have done B.Tech Chemical Engineering?
  8. Am I eligible for government entrance exam or PSU? I am a student pursuing degree in B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  9. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT?
  10. Possibility to apply for PSU recruitment exam for AMIE student?
  11. What should I do after my B.Tech? Should I go for PSU jobs or for software?
  12. List of all PSU companies in India and their Entrance Exams for Jobs -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Eligibility to apply and important dates of PSU recruitment exams for B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) student?
  14. Am I eligible to join PSU being a Physics Honours student? -- [New]
  15. Am i eligible for PSU exam after scoring 77% in 10th and 58% in 12th
  16. Am i eligible for PSU exam after scoring below 60%? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year from electronics and communication branch
  17. What should I prepare for GATE or PSU exam? Which one is more beneficial?
  18. Scope for CSC B.Tech student in PSU? Which companies will he be eligible for? Advantages of Mechanical branch over CSC student when appearing for PSU?
14th July 2011, 06:47 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is M.Tech software engineering student eligible for PSU exam?

Dear friend,
Sorry you can not eligilble for PSU exam because the eligiblity creteria for PSU exam for BHEL,NTPC,HAL and many more psu compnays are:

*Must be graduate from following branches only then you are eligible:
Civil,Chemical,electrical,electronics,Mechanical with minimum 60% aggregate.
So,friend you are not eligible for PSU exam.
Attached Files
File Type: docx eligiblity for psu exam.docx(15.2 KB, 42 views)
28th July 2011, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing m.tech(dual degree) course. i am in 4 year now .am i eligible for psu or other govt. exams?
16th December 2011, 12:22 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi.

PSU's are the Public Sector Union companies which are basically under the government and function under them only. Some of the best PSU's are : NTPC, NHPC, BHEL, BSNL, ONGC, SAIL, GAIL, DRDO, etc and many more...

Now till this year, all these PSU's used to conduct their own entrance examinations for the recruitment of the fresh engineering graduates from various colleges across India.

But from this year it has been decided and agreed upon by all most of the PSU organizations that they all would recruit new engineers through the GATE score and All India Rank.

So to get into any good PSU, it is not compulsory to sit for the GATE exam. GATE actually stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and held by the IIT's to select candidates for M.Tech courses in them, NIT's, BITS etc and other colleges.

As you ask, you being an M.Tech already in Software Engineering sure you are eligible to apply for the PSU's.
But the GATE procedure is secondary but valid for you. You being an M.Tech already can directly approach the desired PSU where you want to apply for and go about the procedure.

Or you may sit for the GATE as there are not limits to the no. of attempts and if you get a good rank, then you can easily get into any PSU.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
18th December 2011, 03:30 PM
mettuguy

sorry,the elegilibity for PUS Exam are

General Requirement

B.E. /B.Tech. /B.Sc.(Engg.) – Degree required

For final-year students, the final result of 8th semester and mark-sheets must be presented at the time of interview.

Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs Gen. Category:-60%-70%; Reserved Category:-50%-60%.

Some PSUs allow only present final year students and last two year pass-outs. e.g. NTPC
30th August 2012, 10:59 PM
bhuvgy

mtech dual degree ( me+energy) is elligible for psu
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?