27th October 2010, 05:03 PM
venu4c4

Made a mistake in GATE Online Application Form, what to do?

please sir give answer as made a mistake in online gate application form.to clear that what i do?

27th October 2010, 07:46 PM
rohi9t

Default Re: Made a mistake in GATE Online Application Form, what to do?

No problem you apply online there is a option in the apply online page refering for EDIT you can go to that optin and Edit your form so dont worry for that.

best of luck for your future.
27th October 2010, 08:19 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

if you are sure that you have done a mistake then you should try to immediately contact the required authorities so that you can get your admit card at a proper time . try to contact through the mail which is fastest and simplest means but if fails then you can contact through phone. so do fast before your time lapse.
27th October 2010, 08:53 PM
mseetharamster

You can call the GATE helpline center and ask for the solution.

You can write a letter to the zone for which you have applied the GATE, addressing the director.
You have to mention the details that is the number of column you have committed the mistake, enclose the details and also enclose the certificates if necessary, send it by fax.

Example: If you have committed a mistake regarding signature.And that is no.17 box.Then, you have to write a letter mentioning details of mistake and on another letter you have to draw a box n0.17 and should sign properly and should send by fax or post.
27th October 2010, 11:07 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

tell me clear which types of the mistakes you have done in the on line application form

then after i will reply you better,

suppose if you have made a mistake like spelling or email id then there is no any problem,

but if you have made a mistakes in the signature .then it will be big problem and in this

case your application form may be rejected.
28th October 2010, 10:31 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
there is still time to make corrections,you have to contact the gate office for that as early as possible.
all the best
28th October 2010, 01:58 PM
puja23

You can mail the main office which has been intimated such that ask them to clear it
29th October 2010, 12:33 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

it was possible that you can again register in the website and you may send a new form.

but the last date of online form fill up expired on 27th october. so now you can not send a new application.

but there is a process that you may correct your application if you have done any mistake. they will publish acknowledgment for every application on 10th december, after that you may correct your application form. now also you may correct application form by contacting to your GATE zonal office where you have send your application form. if you want to change your examination city then you have to pay extra fees. the changing will depends what mistake you have done.

i will suggest you to directly contact with your local GTAE office by phone and ask them about your problem. they will give you exact solution of your problem
29th October 2010, 12:55 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

it was possible that you can again register in the website and you may send a new form.

but the last date of online form fill up expired on 27th october. so now you can not send a new application.

but there is a process that you may correct your application if you have done any mistake. they will publish acknowledgment for every application on 10th december, after that you may correct your application form. now also you may correct application form by contacting to your GATE zonal office where you have send your application form. if you want to change your examination city then you have to pay extra fees. the changing will depends what mistake you have done.

i will suggest you to directly contact with your local GTAE office by phone and ask them about your problem. they will give you exact solution of your problem
31st October 2010, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

sir i submitted an offline application and i did a wrong in the bubbling of the omr sheet. is there any cahnce of correcting the wrong entry
31st October 2010, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

is there any chance of correcting any entry in the offline application form as i made a mistake by bubbling the wrong column.reply fast
8th November 2010, 10:16 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
i think its better you call up the gate zonal office and ask for a solution...you will get a better solution regarding this issue...

good luck
3rd December 2010, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

Made a mistake category as obc instead of in GATE Online Application Form , what to do?
16th February 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
Regarding to a mistake in gate application form
i am abdul kalam B.Tech ME-3rd year student my application form no.-8114572 and registration no.-ME 8129063
i had mention in gate application form year degree -2010 instead of 2012 ,i kindly request to u for correction in my application form
so plz accept my request......
thank you
30th September 2011, 04:47 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE REGISTERED TWICE. FIRST TIME ENTERED WITH SPACE BETWEEN MY NAME AND SECOND TIME WITHOUT INITIAL, DONO WAT TO DO NOW!!! I'M IN GREAT TROUBLE. HELP ME!! MY PAYMENT OPTION IS THROUGH BANK CHALLAN. I HAVENT PAID FOR THOSE TWO, I CAN PAY AND FORWARD ONLY ONE CORRECT APPLICATION FORM. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHETHER A PERSON CAN REGISTER N NO OF TIMES??
30th September 2011, 06:46 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you can clear your mistakes in your gate application.

you can do it onl9 basis.

if you want to change the exam location then you have to pay some money to the gate authority.

if this problem can't be solved in the online then you must vist your near by gate office.

and meet with the zonal gate chairman.

all the best.....
30th September 2011, 07:47 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

From your question it is not clear that what kind of mistake you have done. If you have done a mistake then when you recognize that you had been done a wrong then at time you have to contact with them rather contact with us.

Now you can also send some E-mail telling them what you have done wrong while filling up your application form. They can tell better solution.

As there is an online database and into it if anybody enter some wrong information then it can only be changed by the ADMINISTRATOR who handles all the anomalies of the database .

all the best.
4th October 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I had done Spelling mistake in GATE registration form filling
What to do ?
6th October 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have by mistake not filled the date & place of declaration by the candidate however i have signed at the respective place with photo pasted. Rest all the entries i have made correctly. Please reply if this will adversely effect my candidature in GATE 2012. What will i have to do in order to correct this mistake ?
7th October 2011, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

sir i make mistake in my DOB in the online form of gate 2012
10th October 2011, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

in the application form GATE 2012 i forgot to write 'date and time'. how can i correct those now? please help me.
12th October 2011, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i didn't mentioned my category as scheduled caste instead of that i kept general how could i correct it sir please give reply soon sir
12th October 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i had a big mistake in gate form, which is my father name.. 1. i had fulfill all information 2. all document are posted on proper adders [ i had complied bank process]... After 2 day i look at my form i had did not write my father name in name of candidate as i 10th class cer.............so
12th October 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

sir i didn't wrote my category as SC instead of that i wrote general so please say how to correct it sir?
12th October 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

i had a big mistake in gate exam form which is my father name...i had already submit my process means bank fee,photo,and speed post,.....after 2 day i had look on my form , i got problem that i did not writ my father name in name of candidate in 10th class cer..................SO HOW CAN I EDIT MY GATE APP. FORM. WHICH ALREADY SEND AT THERE ADDRESS ...ANY1 CAN HELP ME
14th October 2011, 05:24 AM
Unregistered

when the space is not enough for name block in gate online form, what shoud we do? plz rply urgent.
14th October 2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

In my gate application form I carelessly filled the Year of branch as 2011 instead of 2012, but i attached a attested certificate from the Principal ,tat my degree qualifying year as 2012 with the gate form,&now after completing all the process including remitting the fees, i noted tat mistake what to do?plz rply sir/madaw
14th October 2011, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends
I forgot to fill place and date column in my gate application form.
will my form be rejected?
is their any provision to correct it?
14th October 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir i hv made mistake in Category.how should i rectify it...??
14th October 2011, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

While submitting the form i didnt pasted my photo and submitted it directly...please give solution
14th October 2011, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

I am final year M.E. student. I entered Integrated M.E.,M.Tech/Dual degree instead of B.E. I paid the money. I didnt send the application. in the form for final year student there is no option for engineering students. Its for Masters in science,mathematics,statistics,Computer application or equivalent. There is no Engineering. What to do now
15th October 2011, 12:45 AM
raju bhai

Hi dear,

Thanks
15th October 2011, 02:54 AM
ritam_rocks

hi,
If you have a chance to Edit that part of your mistake then fine,otherwise if the problem is very serious so that the application form may getting rejected then contact the GATE Office as early as possible.

Dnt worry...
15th October 2011, 12:00 PM
p.praveen kumar yadav

Quote:
Originally Posted by venu4c4 View Post
please sir give answer as made a mistake in online gate application form.to clear that what i do?
Sir in Gate Application form i made a mistake that i wrote category as a General instead of OBC. Then what should i do sir,Please solve my problem sir.
15th October 2011, 12:57 PM
neha bh

>>if you are not pay the fees of form and finalize the form than you can do whole procedure again.
>>if you are not submit complete form than edit it.
>>otherwise you have to register again.
>>plz make letter

regards
neha
15th October 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

sir,i hve dne mistake in filling cateory...but i dint c at dat tym..i hve takn print out also...
is there any chance to fill the form again?pls gve me solution as soon as possible..
17th October 2011, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

sir.i sent instructions paper also in gate application form. is there any problem?
17th October 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

sir, i sent instructions paper also in gate application form.is their any problem?
17th October 2011, 05:25 PM
kishan prasad

sir i sent instructions paper also in gate 2012 application form.is there any problem?
17th October 2011, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have done mistack .......aftr the seending applicatin gate form iam send student challan with gate form this is my mistake ....... idont send gate challen with gate form
29th October 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

sir,i forget to attach my attested copy of my qualifying degree certificate for the year 2012,wat shall i do now??
30th October 2011, 08:46 AM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hi dear,

thanks
1st November 2011, 03:58 PM
kurakuladivya

hi sir,i make a mistake in date of birth gate2012 online application what i will do
4th November 2011, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I accidentally marked OBC-NON creamy layer as my category during GATE 2012 application. Is there any way i could correct it?
and when is the admit card for gate supposed to arrive?
thank you in advance.
14th November 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

sir, i did not attach my photo with my MAT application form. will it cause any problem for me to get admit card if yes than what should i do?
20th November 2011, 11:26 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

good luck,

You can call the GATE helpline center and ask for the solution.

You can write a letter to the zone for which you have applied the GATE, addressing the director.
You have to mention the details that is the number of column you have committed the mistake, enclose the details and also enclose the certificates if necessary, send it by fax.

Example: If you have committed a mistake regarding signature.And that is no.17 box.Then, you have to write a letter mentioning details of mistake and on another letter you have to draw a box n0.17 and should sign properly and should send by fax or post.

best of luck
10th February 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
my state of permanent residence is Bihar but suddenly i saw today itself that i had filled in application form Madhya Pradesh.So, now how can I change it sir?Its only one day left in Exam.Please Suggest.
15th February 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

i have written gate exam with black gel pen. will my paper is valid
23rd March 2012, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

I'm qualified in Gate 2012 in OBC category. But in the application I entered as General category. I can produce OBC certificate at the time of verification. Is there any problem for me?
7th September 2012, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

i accidently uploaded image with blue background in gate 2013 . is there any option to rectify this error ? will i be able to appear in exam ? please reply soon. i am very tensed . couldn't concentrate on studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?