17th February 2011, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

MBA or MCA: better option after BCA?

respected sir/madam
i am bca final year student pursuing 2011 batch. i am confused that which degree will suits my course...
some say mba s best and some say mca s best dont know wat to do
is there any good job offer for my ug degree..

17th February 2011, 10:19 AM
Ankur agrawal

Default Re: MBA or MCA: better option after BCA?

Its your intrest.......
which one u select

if u want some technical field than go for MCA
otherwise MBA for managment field...........
17th February 2011, 10:37 AM
vikas9862638964

ok if u have interst in economics then u can choose mba.or if
u have interst in computer field or in reserch than u can choose mca..or after mba u will have a good job as compare to mca.so its depend on u that u can do mba or mca..
17th February 2011, 10:41 AM
shwetabansal

Thumbs up Re: MBA or MCA: better option after BCA?

i think you should opt for mca because in today's scenario mba is like a very common thing.every person wants to be an mba but its of no use if not done from a reputed college.a time is coming when noone wants an mba.
and due to receesion which was basically in i.t. sector,there are lot of vacancies in i.t. companies because now its boom in the economy.so you should join i.t field after persuing mca.it has a great scope
ALL THE BEST
17th February 2011, 11:10 AM
Muralidhar Patil

hi
after completion of BCA it is better to do MCA because BCA syllabus is totally software related and Mca syllabus is also software related therefore it is better
17th February 2011, 11:14 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

your pursing the B.C.A.M.C.A is the best career option after B.C.A.you go for

that.many software companies prefer the M.C.A candidates.M.C.A is best choice

after B.C.A.there is no difficulties in M.C.A.you learned the some application in

B.C.A.the some application in the M.C.A in advance level.And you have maths

in your 12th level.you have maths in 12th level your eligible for the M.C.A and

you have without maths go for the M.B.A.it is also very value able course.but

the choice is yours.
17th February 2011, 11:22 AM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir/madam
i am bca final year student pursuing 2011 batch. i am confused that which degree will suits my course...
Hello Friend;

Greeting for the day;

Yes,you can get the good job on the basis of your UG (BCA) There are lots of company which hires BCA graduate.but if will you complete you masters then the job opportunity will increase and you will get more salary.you can apply for company like
Wipro
Cognizant
HP
DELL
TCS
Mahindra
Reliance
IBM....etc
And if you interested to pursue Masters then according to me MBA is best,because scope for a MBA graduate is unparalleled. Apart from attractive pay packets and placements being offered at college-level itself, it opens doors to various sectoral opportunities. The Indian Corporate world has seen many MBA professionals occupying top slots in the corporate ladder. But final decision is totally yours.

All the best.
Thanks
khanddn
17th February 2011, 12:54 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Smile Re: MBA or MCA: better option after BCA?

hai..

Well,it is like a two road found when you are entering into the woods and you dont know the way but luckily both of them lead to your destination.

So,my friend, MBA and MCA are both good options for your career,while MBA are fast emerging trends in global market. MCAs are also not lagging behind.

As for you,you have already completed your BCA and you have enough computer skills,you can opt for MCA as it will enhance you more in your profession and get a high paid salary.

All the best and choose your best choice in your interest.

Good luck!!!
17th February 2011, 02:50 PM
rockycreative

Default better option after BCA?

its a great question about carrier You should choose one of both. In my opinion you should do MBA because it is the best in today life according to economic status of your country.

thanks,
Rocky
17th February 2011, 03:34 PM
gudia mittal

Quote:
respected sir/madam
You should go for Mba as there are many opportunities in this field. Moreover you should do Mba in Computers which will make a perfect combination.
17th February 2011, 04:25 PM
mishra245

its better to do MCA after BCA, b'coz MCA lets ur life to heaven.
and it is suite to your knowledge.
17th February 2011, 04:35 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
MBA or MCA: better option after BCA?

After completing your BCA, I think MCA is best for you, So its better if you can choose same path, So its better to choose MCA after completing your BCA.

But, its depends on your Interest, If you like Computer field, then MCA is best course for you to get some good jobs in future.

Both MBA and MCA is best course !

So, its totally depends on your Interest, just think properly, which course is best and you can handle it properly. So, If you are interested in bussiness or management filed then you have to go with MBA And if you want to make your career in Computer software and programming field, then MCA is best option.

So, please dont confused !

Both the courses are best, But if you go with MBA, then you face difficulties because you can not read the management subjects in previous courses and classes. So this field is new for you and you have to required lots of efforts and hard work.

And MCA you can handle properly Because you have read the computer field in your BCA. So, i think MCA is best Course for you and after completing MCA, you will get good jobs in IT companies Like Wipro, Infosys, HP, HCL and Manny more.

So please decide yourself because the Career is yours, So think properly and then choose field according to your interest, Only then you will get sucess in future.
17th February 2011, 04:47 PM
nikhilesh005

Both MBA and MCA are good fields for higher education if you have a good interest in your stream then i would like to suggest you to go with your stream i.e MCA or if you have good links and interest in BUSINESS line then you should definitely go for MBA but it will be much better if you will succeed to join a good B-SCHOOL or any of the IIM that can be possible if you will clear CAT examination so go for it.

********ALL THE BEST **********
17th February 2011, 04:48 PM
nikhilesh005

Both MBA and MCA are good fields for higher education if you have a good interest in your stream then i would like to suggest you to go with your stream i.e MCA or if you have good links and interest in BUSINESS line then you should definitely go for MBA but it will be much better if you will succeed to join a good B-SCHOOL or any of the IIM that can be possible if you will clear CAT examination so go for it.

********ALL THE BEST **********
17th February 2011, 05:06 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To pursue any course, you should have a reason for that. Going to a business school will help you get exposure to a wide range of business issues that would make you better equipped to run a business. You also learn about better ways to manage people. So, if you have the desire for a business career, you must go for MBA but if you want to make yourself count in this competitive market, you must have high level of expertise and knowledge in a particular field. Since you have done your BCA, pusuing MCA will be more fruitful for you. It will make you eligible to get a satisfactory job in this tough market.
As far as demand for a particular expert is concerned, both MBA and MCA have a good prospect but i would prefer MBA for candidates with strong entrepreneurial aspirations.
17th February 2011, 05:10 PM
JIGNESH RAVAL

Quote:
respected sir/madam

ACTUALLY ,
M.C.A. is better than M.B.A.for this field..

M.B.A. has a generally management side subject . if you want to learn management then you can doing M.B.A...

on the other side , M.C.A. is generally for technical person . If you are interested in programming field then you must choose M.C.A..

Both MBA and MCA is best course !

please decide yourself because the Career is yours, So think properly and then choose field according to your interest, Only then you will get success in future.

I hope you take better decision...
THANKS..
17th February 2011, 06:00 PM
smruti prasad das

Smile Re: MBA or MCA: better option after BCA?

after bca mca is a better option for u as it guides u as ur fundamental course ie the bca best of luck
17th February 2011, 06:38 PM
anil4

your well in the accounting then u can take mba. otherwise u go to mca.
i must concentrate in the programming then only you can reach high , because so many peple are doing mca and mba. So, u need to prove your self as am unique................. wish u good luck
17th February 2011, 06:56 PM
saloni gupta

According to me MCA is a better option because being a bachelor of computers it provides advantages in MCA rather than MBA.
Other reason is today number of MBA students is so high that the competition is too high n seats are very low in companies.
Doing masters in one's field is always a benefit instead of switching over to a highly populated area.
and rest depends on one's choice.
17th February 2011, 07:04 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

you will get jobs after BCA, but your salary will be very low....
It is advised to do any higher studies like MBA or MCA after BCA.
now your question is, what to choose-MCA or MBA??
MCA is masters degree for BCA, that is you will get more deeper knowledge about your course in MCA.
and MBA is the management course....
It is different from MCA or BCA.
it is for those who wants to be in th ebusiness world.
so you decide which career you want..
because demand for the degree and the salary package is almost same in both the cases.....
all the best.
17th February 2011, 07:23 PM
tripurari singh

Quote:
respected sir/madam
Dear,
you can choose any one according to your interest, but according to job view you should elect MBA, because it has wide area, it has also more option and scope today.
17th February 2011, 08:42 PM
disha marwaha
Junior Member+

MCA is the best because after that you can get the jobs opportunities in computer companies
25th February 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

AFTER B.C.A. IF I DO M.B.A. BY DISTANCE EDUCATION.. IS IT RIGHT IF I DO JOB DURING THIS TIME..BECAUSE I THINK COMPANIES PREFFERED EXPERIENCE
IN THE FIELD OF M.B.A....AND CAN I DO M.TECH.(IT) REGULAR AFTER M.B.A...MY THINKING IS RIGHT OR NOT ?
15th March 2011, 11:15 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Both are good options and i would suggest you to take the one which you have more interest and where your strengths are being fully utilized.

As you have done BCA, you are good at technical knowledge which will act as foundation when you join MCA,

So, you will be given good preference when you attend for any placement or interview after the completion or at the time of pursuing your MCA. IT boom is strongly coming back. Several companies have started recruiting people by conducting campus interviews in the respective colleges.

If you are not interested in pursuing MCA, you go for MBA. MBA people are in very good demand in these demand.

If you want to do MBA, just for the sake of certificate, then there is no use with that. Try to get admission in B-schools and develop
-Soft skills
-Communication skills
-Current business environment
-Recent trends in business.

Just by doing, you can join in any of the sector which you like or you can start your own business.
15th March 2011, 11:19 PM
noddy11

hello friend,
i think you should opt for mca because in today's scenario mba is like a very common thing.every person wants to be an mba but its of no use if not done from a reputed college.a time is coming when noone wants an mba.
and due to receesion which was basically in i.t. sector,there are lot of vacancies in i.t. companies because now its boom in the economy.so you should join i.t field after persuing mca.it has a great scope
ALL THE BEST

good luck
15th March 2011, 11:21 PM
noddy11

hello friend,
you will get jobs after BCA, but your salary will be very low....
It is advised to do any higher studies like MBA or MCA after BCA.
now your question is, what to choose-MCA or MBA??
MCA is masters degree for BCA, that is you will get more deeper knowledge about your course in MCA.
and MBA is the management course....
It is different from MCA or BCA.
it is for those who wants to be in th ebusiness world.
so you decide which career you want..
because demand for the degree and the salary package is almost same in both the cases.....
all the best.

good luck
15th March 2011, 11:22 PM
Aman Sapra

It depends on your choice,in which field you want to pursue your career and in which field you think you have the proficiency in.

If you have interest in computers then i would suggest you to go for MCA.

And if you have really good Communication Skills and Managerial skills then go for MBA.
15th March 2011, 11:28 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend ,

MCA would be better option for you because doing Master degree in the same field would provide you great knowledge and experience.

But finally it depends upon you and your Interest.

So you must choose that field in which you are more interested because its your Career.

Best wishes!!!!!!!!!
15th March 2011, 11:29 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Quote:
respected sir/madam

Both fields are really good and you have the opportunity to earn good salary but i will suggest you to choose the field which makes you interested .

Since you have completed or Persuing BCA(Bachelor in Computer Application), your base suits computers so it would be relatively easy for you to Go for MCA(Master in Computer Application) rather than M.B.A.

After completing M.C.A , you would be able to get good salaried jobs in well-known companies.

If you will choose M.B.A then you will have to learn toatally new things as M.B.A contains the sebjects of commerce.

YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION . I WILL ONLY SUGGEST YOU TO CHOOSE THE SUBJECT OF YOUR INTEREST . REST DEPENDS UPON YOU.

According to me you should go for MCA Degree.

With Regards
ravik1214
15th March 2011, 11:38 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
respected sir/madam
MCA is better after mca i think you can do best .

Because you have lot of option after completing your mca

After mca you have a lot of option .in software company .

good luck
15th March 2011, 11:38 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: MBA or MCA: better option after BCA?

dear friend it is totally depend on you because in which field you are interested...........

but i will say to you you must go for mca............

because after bca mca is very good.............
15th March 2011, 11:39 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
respected sir/madam

According to me MCA is the best for you because you are doing BCA course which is in the computer stream then i think that you after BCA the MCA is good for you. MCA is the Master of computer application it is a post graduate level degree. After completing MCA course you will get a good job in a IT company. So i advise you to do MCA.
15th March 2011, 11:48 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

after studying of BCA if you feel that you have lots of interest on computer application subject and if you are very much strong in technical and programming then you should study MCA.

but if you feel that you are not so much strong in technical subject and you are weak in computer programming then MBA is best option for you. in MBA technical knowledge requirement is less. but in MCA total technical knowledge is required.

after MBA job opportunity and scope is very high. easily you will get good job with a very high salary package. so you may go for MBA if you are interested.

best wishes.
16th March 2011, 10:28 AM
noddy11

hello friend,

MBA and MCA are both good options for your career,while MBA are fast emerging trends in global market. MCAs are also not lagging behind.

As for you,you have already completed your BCA and you have enough computer skills,you can opt for MCA as it will enhance you more in your profession and get a high paid salary.

All the best and choose your best choice in your interest.

GOOD LUCK
16th March 2011, 10:31 AM
Adz

Hi,

It's always better to go for MCA. You will have a PG degree in your line and if need be, once getting a job, you can always take an MBA degree through distance education. There are many institutes which provide good quality MBA as good as classroom training.

All the very best for your studies and career!
16th March 2011, 11:58 AM
asishkumar

Quote:
respected sir/madam
Both MBA and MCA are good fields for higher education.
I would like to suggest you to go with your stream i.e MCA
If you have good links and interest in BUSINESS line then you should definitely go for MBA.
16th March 2011, 02:25 PM
omprakash sharma

Hi,

Both fields are really good and you have the opportunity to earn good salary but i will suggest you to choose the field which makes you interested .
Since you have completed or Persuing BCA(Bachelor in Computer Application), your base suits computers so it would be relatively easy for you to Go for MCA(Master in Computer Application) rather than M.B.A.

If you are not interested in pursuing MCA, you go for MBA. MBA people are in very good demand in these demand.

If you want to do MBA, just for the sake of certificate, then there is no use with that. Try to get admission in B-schools and develop
-Soft skills
-Communication skills
16th March 2011, 03:24 PM
kunal4win

most important is what u have to do mca or mba?if i had done bca than i was definately go for mca because of current situation.
16th March 2011, 04:48 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello Friend,

MCA stands for Master in Computer Applications and MBA stands for Master in Business Administration.

Both MCA & MBA are equivalent courses.

Both MCA or MBA courses are better, its depend upon your interest.

If you are interested in Business field then you can do MBA or If you are interested in computer field then you can do MCA.

And after MCA or MBA courses, you can get a better JOB and handsome salary.

According to my opinion you can do MCA after BCA because MCA & BCA both are relevant courses.

Good Luck & All the Best
16th March 2011, 07:34 PM
agarwalnikita

I think you should go for MCA.

if you have done BCA its better to do a post graduation related to it.

Its very beneficial for you from the professional point of view.

MBA has become very common now a days.

You will have many people having done Mba.

So choosing MCA is a better option
16th March 2011, 08:37 PM
Abhinav1990

Quote:
respected sir/madam
well its depand upon ur intrest,both have their own impotance in its own field...but u can try mca for ur further studies since it will correlated with wat u have studied in BCA...But at the same time u can go 4 mba if u have really intrest in management course.
18th March 2011, 01:08 PM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Both are equal

Both are in demand

Both high profile courses compete equally in the market

Actually, MBA is sutiable for guys who have good leadership qualities, best in decision making..,

MCA is for those who have techincial skill and ready to update thier knowlegde daily..,

While comparing the pay scale MCA's get more then MBA's unless or otherwise MBA's work in high post.
10th April 2011, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

iam going to finish my BSC COMPUTER SCIENCE in this 2011 but iam confused to do whether MCA or MS...PLEASE give me a good decision.....
21st April 2011, 12:35 PM
suraj2157

Quote:
respected sir/madam
i think MCA IS BETTER FOR BCA STUDENT.
because in mba you have to face some problems while in BCA you know all the things related computers and related areas.
all the best
22nd April 2011, 06:19 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

As you have done BCA, you are good at technical knowledge which is good for MCA when you join

If you are not interested in MCA,then you go for MBA. MBA people are in very good demand in these days.

to get admission in B-schools you have to develop
-Soft skills
-Communication skills
22nd April 2011, 08:17 AM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

after studying of BCA if you feel that you have lots of interest on computer application subject and if you are very much strong in technical and programming then you should study MCA.
but if you feel that you are not so much strong in technical subject and you are weak in computer programming then MBA is best option for you. in MBA technical knowledge requirement is less. but in MCA total technical knowledge is required.
after MBA job opportunity and scope is very high. easily you will get good job with a very high salary package. so you may go for MBA if you are interested.
23rd April 2011, 06:17 PM
suraj2157

Quote:
iam going to finish my BSC COMPUTER SCIENCE in this 2011 but iam confused to do whether MCA or MS...PLEASE give me a good decision.....
i think MCA is good for you because you have all the basic knowledge about computer field.
so,i think MCA is more helpful to you than MS.
all the best
28th April 2011, 01:24 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

As you mention you are the final year student of BCA so i suggest for you MCA is the best option rather then MBA for you......
29th April 2011, 12:00 AM
aaqibyousf

As you are a bca student you should be a well known person in the computer field ,so if you like this computer knowledge then it will be best for you to go for mca.
If you have got bored and donot like this computer knowledge and are interested in business then go for mba.
29th April 2011, 09:47 AM
aaqibyousf

As you are a bca student you should be a well known person in the computer field ,so if you like this computer knowledge then it will be best for you to go for mca.
If you have got bored and donot like this computer knowledge and are interested in business then go for mba.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?