4th January 2012, 08:13 PM
kalyan kr das

Is it necessary to appear for GATE exam after scoring 41% in BSc?

I am a MCA 1st year student.My previous B.Sc result is 41%.Is it necessary to gate exam eligible to my previous B.Sc result?

5th January 2012, 10:02 AM
varundav

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear for GATE exam after scoring 41% in BSc?

Dear Friend,
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology. It is an exam conducted to do Masters Degree in Engineering and Technology.

The Eligibility for Gate is,
- Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
- Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE.

So your BSc marks are not Valid Here.
22nd July 2012, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear for GATE exam after scoring 41% in BSc?

i want to do M.sc by gate after B.Sc by 70%?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?