29th March 2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to score good marks in 12th Maths to study Medical? Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th to study Medical?

Sir,
Can I get seat in Medical College if I don't get good marks in 12th Maths? Is Maths really important for Medical? What is the minimum percentage I should get in 10th and 12th standards for study Medical?

Related Questions:
  1. Percentage required to take admission in government medical colleges after 12th? Books to be referred?
  2. Duration of Architecture course after 12th? Maths and IT are mandatory in 12th? Percentage required in 12th?
  3. What should I study further if secured 75% in 12th Non-Medical?
  4. Abilities and percentage required to get admission in good Medical schools of USA?
  5. Percentage required in 12th standard to study MBBS in China?
  6. Minimum marks required in 12th to apply for Visa?
  7. How to get a job in abroad after passing 12th in non medical?
  8. Can i Get Science in Class XI if I score 7.2 to 7.6 CGPD?
  9. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What are the good career optionals after passing 12th non medical with 77% marks
  11. Minimum marks required in Maths in 12th for admission in engineering college?
  12. How many IELTS score is required to apply for Canada Study Visa?
  13. What is the required percentage of marks in 12th class to join CA?
  14. What should I do to improve Mathematics? Subjects to take in 11th standard?
  15. Medical related fields after 12th(PCB) for which CET is not required
  16. How to take Bio Maths group after scoring 424 marks in 10th standard?
  17. Minimum percentage required in 12th to give medical entrance exam?
  18. Which is a better university to study Aeronautical Engineering? Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
30th March 2015, 03:53 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it necessary to score good marks in 12th Maths to study Medical? Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th to study Medical?

Please note that

# Glad to know that you are very keen in medical studies.

# Note that there is will where is way. You can even go for medical studies if you wish.

# It is good to have high percentage in academic qualification. But candidate with low percentage can apply for Medical Entrance Examination.

# Usually prestigious medical institutions like AIIMS, CMC, BHU, JIMPER, AFMC, etc requires 55% to 60% marks in 10+2 level.

# If you go for State level medical entrance examination, then you only requires 50% marks.

# In order to eligible for medical entrance exams, candidate is required to have studied subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English compulsorily.

# Subject Mathematics is not required for medical entrance examination.

# Few tips in order to crack the medical entrance examination:

* Go for exhaustive and intensive study of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
* You must have good concepts of all topics.
* Books Pardeep's Objective Physics, Pardeep's Objective Chemistry and Pardeep's Objective Biology are helpful in the preparation.
* Regular, repeated and routine revise of subjects and solve out as many as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) is the success formula in examination.
* If you can afford, then join coaching class in order to excel your preparation.
30th March 2015, 10:14 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Is it necessary to score good marks in 12th Maths to study Medical? Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th to study Medical?

You do not even need Mathematics as your subject to appear for Premedical tests.It does not matter whether you are the board topper in maths.The papers needed for test are Physics,Chemistry and Biology with highest preference on biology.You also need English as your subject in Boards. The minimum marks required for All India PMT is 50% in the boards in biology/biotechnology,Physics,Chemistry and English or 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
So do not bother about Maths and prepare well for exam.God bless you
30th March 2015, 11:20 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hello,

It is not mandatory to get good marks in Mathematics if you wants to study medical after 12th.

Infact if you have Physics,Cemistry,Biology subject the also you can appear for Medical examination.

AIIMS(All India Institute of Medical Science) is an all India entrance examination to study MBBS in various medical colleges in India.

Eligiblity criteria to appear in AIIMS:

--> Candidate must have complete 12th with Physics,Chemistry and Bilogy subject.

--> Candidate have to score at least 50% in 12th examination.

--> Age of the candidate must be at least 17 years.

Based on the ranks in AIIMS you can select your prefered you Medical college to study MBBS.
30th March 2015, 11:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to worry for your mathematics if you are interested in medical field as there is no need of mathematics in medical studies .

But you will have to be bit serious about mathematics as there is the use of applications of same in the physics and bit of it in chemistry too . So cannot avoid it completely .

Now coming to second part of your question there is no requirement of minimum percentage in your 10th and 12th for studying medical as you have to just pass in board examination .

But for various medical entrance examination there is requirement of minimum percentage of marks which varies from 50% to 60% .

So work hard and have your eyes on basic applications of Mathematics .
18th May 2016, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

I got 70 in my exam how can i got admission in college for mbbs??
5th September 2017, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

According to latest rule or as per 2017 is there any law that for sitting in medical exam 60% in math is necessary or not in class 12.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?