25th September 2019, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

NIOS candidates are eligible to take admission in regular engineering colleges?

My age will be 19+ when I complete my Senior Secondary from NIOS Board. Would I'll be eligible for different engineering entrance exams like JEE and other? And can I take admission in engineering colleges as regular course as I am doing 12th from NIOS?

30th September 2019, 10:28 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NIOS candidates are eligible to take admission in regular engineering colleges?

NIOS refers to National Institute of Open Schooling and it is one of the three national board of education and hence higher secondary school education degree offered by the same board is accepted for any job applications or higher studies.

So, having completed your Class 12th from NIOS board, you are eligible for seeking admission in degree course in engineering by appearing in engineering entrance examinations such as JEE, State EEE/CET, etc., if you have opted for Science stream with PCM group for Class 12th academics.
30th September 2019, 02:55 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NIOS candidates are eligible to take admission in regular engineering colleges?

The full form of NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling. This is a central government recognized board for secondary and senior secondary board examination. The certificate and its marksheet is valid for higher studies and competitive exams.

You are eligible to take admission in regular engineering colleges after 12th from National Institute of Open Schooling.
30th September 2019, 05:46 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is a recognised board. It is affiliated to MHRD. So, candidates passed 12th from NIOS is eligible to appear for the engineering entrance examination.

The eligibility to get admission in the B.Tech or engineering course is that candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper.

So, you are eligible to appear for JEE and after qualifying in the examination eligible to get admission in regular course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?