3rd June 2018, 11:44 PM
Kishore98mani

Whether candidates pursuing B.Com from distance are eligible for MBA from regular universities or not?

I'm pursuing my B.Com via correspondence mode of education and will be completing my degree soon. After completion of B.Com in distance education I want to apply for MBA from a regular university. Will I be eligible to apply for MBA from a regular university/college having done graduation from distance?

5th June 2018, 11:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether candidates pursuing B.Com from distance are eligible for MBA from regular universities or not?

MBA refers to Master of Business Administration and same is a master degree course with a very good career scope in the business and management field.

The minimum education required for pursuing MBA degree course is a bachelor degree course in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized open or regular university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, as far as you are concerned about your eligibility to pursue MBA being a student of B.Com degree course in correspondence mode then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible for if your university is approved for offering degree courses in correspondence mode.
6th June 2018, 04:37 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether candidates pursuing B.Com from distance are eligible for MBA from regular universities or not?

Yes. The candidates from B.Com course in Correspondence mode are eligible to get admission for MBA course from a regular University.

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. This is a 2 year Post Graduation course being offered by many of the colleges in India.

One should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in Graduation.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST category.

The admission for MBA course would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

There are state level Entrance Exams like
ICET
TANCET etc.

National level Entrance Exams like
CAT
MAT
GMAT etc.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for the Entrance Exam.

B-Schools and IIM's are the best Institutions to join this course.

Since you are pursuing B.Com course, I would suggest you to join the Coaching for the Entrance Exam immediately and ensure you will get good rank so that you can get admission in top college.

The following specializations are good choice for you in MBA
MBA in Finance
MBA in Accounting
MBA in International Business
MBA in Entrepreneurship Management
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?