18th June 2016, 11:53 PM
kamohammad

Is NIOS students eligible to get admission for the engineering course?

Is NIOS students eligible to get admission for the engineering course? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria required for the same? What is the minimum qualification required for doing the engineering course? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. NIOS students are eligible to get admission in JNTU?
  2. Failed in NIOS 12th and now can I take fresh admission in NIOS in other state?
  3. What does NIOS stands for? Whether NIOS students are eligible for NDA exam?
  4. Am I eligible to go abroad for studies if I have completed my secondary studies from NIOS board?
  5. Is NIOS better than Bihar board? What is the value of NIOS Certificate in DU?
  6. Is NIOS Senior Secondary certficate recognized by Aligarh Muslim University?
  7. Whether 12th class passed student from NIOS board is eligible for any course in Merchant Navy?
  8. Is it difficult to take admission in Engineering college for NIOS student?
  9. Is it difficult to get admission in B.Arch for NIOS students? Whether NIOS is equivalent to CBSE?
  10. Is Sr. Secondary exam of open schooling is equal to CBSE Higher secondary?
  11. Am I eligible to study abroad after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  12. Can I appear in Engineering entrance exams on NIOS Science basis having completed 11th Commerce?
  13. Am I eligible to get admission in any Government college after completing class 10th from NIOS board?
  14. What should I write in the column of school name of JEE Main form if studied from NIOS? Do the NIOS students get admission in IITs?
  15. Can I reappear in 12th with NIOS Board if failed from CBSE? Is there any problem to get admission in Engineering on NIOS basis? Regional centre of NIOS in Lucknow?
  16. Is admission possible in Delhi University after NIOS?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Sc course after completion of 12th from NIOS board? -- [New]
  18. Can I get admission for Engineering having 12th passed Certificate from NIOS having 4 years gap after 10th? -- [Most Discussed]
19th June 2016, 10:09 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NIOS students eligible to get admission for the engineering course?

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board under ministry of Human Resource Development of India.

So, candidates passed from NIOS are eligible to appear for various entrance examination to get job or admission in higher studies.

To get admission in engineering courses the minimum required qualification is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as main paper. For admission in some of the institutes candidate have to qualify in entrance exam conducted by institute.
19th June 2016, 01:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NIOS students eligible to get admission for the engineering course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamohammad View Post
Is NIOS students eligible to get admission for the engineering course? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria required for the same? What is the minimum qualification required for doing the engineering course? Awaiting for the response.
Yes, NIOS students are eligible for Engineering entrance exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks, then you are eligible for Engineering Entrance exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?