22nd June 2010, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Which one should I prefer, VIT Vellore, MIT Manipal and SRM Chennai? Is it safe to get admitted in private deemed universities because they dont come under AICTE?

Good afternoon sir/madam
Amongst VIT Vellore, MIT Manipal and SRM Chennai, which one would you give your first,second and third choice for B.tech course and why ? Secondly these three are private deemed universities. Is it safe to get your child admitted in the universities because they do not come under AICTE. Please advise as i am quite confused, hearing all different views of the people.

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better among VIT Vellore, MIT, SRM, IISC Bangalore and NIT?
  2. Which college is best for B.Tech between VIT Vellore and MIT Manipal?
  3. Is B.Tech degree from private and deemed universities of India approved by universities of USA to study MS degree?
  4. Can I face problem with NIOS 12th marksheet in engineering campus selection?
  5. Which one should I prefer between VIT Vellore and MIT Manipal in terms of quality of education, administration of institution and hostel culture
  6. Colleges after GATE score 341?
  7. List of top 20 engineering colleges for EEE in Hyderabad?
  8. Which one should I prefer between MIT Kothrud Pune Computer Engineering and SRM University Karrakulantur Chennai Computer Science?
  9. Why is SRM university considered to be the best institution? Difference between SRM and VIT university?
  10. Which course should I take in PG after completing BSc in Biotechnology?
  11. How much to score in VITEEE 2017 to get a seat? Is there any discount available? -- [New]
  12. Which all streams can I get with 24000 in VITEEE?
  13. Do girls have separate classrooms in VIT Vellore or VIT Chennai?
  14. What are the colleges providing M.Tech without GATE in CS branch?
  15. Names of colleges conducting separate entrance exams for Engineering? Any college which takes direct admission by 12th board marks?
  16. what to do after +2 science?How to pursue engineering from a good college if my AIEEE rank is above 1 lakh?
  17. Colleges offering M.Tech Biotechnology courses in Tamilnadu?
  18. Which universities are good for placements in Biotechnology? Do SRM or Manipal Universities offer good placements?
31st August 2011, 11:56 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Default Re: Which one should I prefer, VIT Vellore, MIT Manipal and SRM Chennai? Is it safe to get admitted in private deemed universities because they dont come under AICTE?

It is not true that all Deemed Private Universities don't have AICTE approval.
It is true for some Universities but The Universities for which you are asking is AICTE approved.
VIT Vellore and SRM Chennai colleges has earned the name by results of their Past hard work and Manipal University is emerging as top Private ranked University.

So it all depends on you where to take admission.
12th September 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which one should I prefer, VIT Vellore, MIT Manipal and SRM Chennai? Is it safe to get admitted in private deemed universities because they dont come under AICTE?

sir plzz can u tell me wat r the minimum marks required in vit entrance to get admission ther for b tech...?
20th March 2012, 03:34 PM
jyotsana d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good afternoon sir/madam
Amongst VIT Vellore, MIT Manipal and SRM Chennai, which one would you give your first,second and third choice for B.tech course and why ? Secondly these three are private deemed universities. Is it safe to get your child admitted in the universities because they do not come under AICTE. Please advise as i am quite confused, hearing all different views of the people.
Dear friend,
As you know these three universities are deemed universities. But according to my experience and knowledge, the facilities in hostels and classrooms, security (for girls especially), faculties and fee structure the VIT vellore is best private university, then SRM chennai.

choices:
1.VIT vellore
2.SRM
3.VIT chennai
4.MIT

You need to write separate entrance exams for all the three universities.

Thank you
12th April 2012, 02:44 AM
Unregistered

is manipal a good university ?
20th April 2012, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

which is better for b.tech srm or manipal
21st April 2012, 05:12 PM
jyotsana d

Quote:
dear friend,
Manipal is top university for B.Tech and it is also deemed university. So, manipal is better than srm for B.Tech but fee structure is high in manipal than srm.

thank you
13th May 2012, 04:22 AM
ab7777

Quote:
Both of these universities are deemed universities and are a part of the better known private universities in the country.

On most basis of comparison, manipal and SRM are almost equal but manipal doesnt have a good reputation as the students are known to indulge in illegal activities such as drugs, alcohol, etc.

Although indulging in such activities is a student's own choice, it can get influenced by the people around and thus i believe SRM is a safer option unless you are sure of not getting influenced by others in any possiblle manner.

Infrastructure wise manipal institute is better than SRM but both are equally placed in terms of faculty and placements. The fee structures in both universities vary with the branch of engineering.

You may get additional information from these official sites :
Manipal : www.manipal.edu
SRM : http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/

Good luck
13th May 2012, 04:15 PM
Bhargav.student

The universities SRM and VIT are AICTE approved and well known for their quality of education and exposure to various technical related stuffs .
But i suggest dont go for manipal the talk is very bad about that college in society .
Better go for VIT as it has collabaration with many foreign universities .
And also SRM .
Choose any of the two which better suits you .
18th May 2012, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

between vit chennai campus and manipal for the same btech course which is the better option.?
18th May 2012, 10:13 PM
ab7777

Quote:
between vit chennai campus and manipal for the same btech course which is the better option.?
VIT chennai is a newly established structure whereas Manipal University has been there for years, is a well established university with a good reputation in terms of quality of education, infrastructure, placements, faculty. VIT Chennai on the other hand hasn't acquired the reputation(as it is very new as compared to Manipal university) and also there is no clue about the placements as of now. That is the risk factor involved with VIT chennai, or for that matter for any new university no matter what.

Manipal University features in various lists of top 50 engineering colleges in India whereas VIT Chennai has no mention in any of the lists as of now. (Though VIT Vellore features above Manipal in terms of ranking, that is because it has been there for years as well and is known internationally as well).

Usually people tend to think that a new branch of the same university will be as good as the other ones. But that's seldom true. The management, staff, facilities, infrastructure and quality of students differ considerably in an established and a new university.

Since VIT university Chennai is new, the cut off required for admission in low as well, which means that the quality of students will not be as good in VIT Chennai.

Thus there is a big risk factor involved in choosing VIT Chennai as compared to MIT. If you have both in your hand, I dont think you should consider VIT Chennai

Good luck
20th May 2012, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

all companies comming to vit vellore come to vit chennai? for placements
20th May 2012, 11:39 PM
ab7777

Quote:
all companies comming to vit vellore come to vit chennai? for placements
No, that is absolutely not true. Although you will expect VIT Vellore and VIT Chennai to be neck to neck in terms of all aspects of education quality, infrastructure, placements, faculty, students, etc. the truth is that the Vellore campus is far more superior than Chennai campus

This is because Vellore campus is well established and has much more experience as compared to Chennai which is very new relatively.

The companies which come to VIT Vellore may come to VIT Chennai, but it is certain that there is a considerable difference in the pay packages offered to a VIT Vellore and a VIT Chennai student for the same post in the same company.

The quality of students in Chennai is not as good as Vellore, the testimony to this fact is the cut off rank required for admission in Vellore is much higher than Chennai and the top rankers in VITEEE prefer Vellore to Chennai anyday.

I hope you have understood what i am trying to convey through my argument.

Good luck
22nd May 2012, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

I have secured good rank in both MIT and SRM.... I had almost decided to join MIT, but then read about the campus culture there being not too condcive to studies. However, I knowmany who passed out of MIT and are doing well... My preferred branch is Mechanical. Which one shoudl I choose... MIT or SRM?
23rd May 2012, 02:57 AM
ab7777

Quote:
I have secured good rank in both MIT and SRM.... I had almost decided to join MIT, but then read about the campus culture there being not too condcive to studies. However, I knowmany who passed out of MIT and are doing well... My preferred branch is Mechanical. Which one shoudl I choose... MIT or SRM?
Hi friend.

I can understand the dilemma you are facing at the moment. Though it is true that Manipal University is known for wrong reasons mainly which revolve around the hostel culture of drugs and alcohol. It is said that the university has no control over the students and they are free to do what they please to do.

However, I would also like to tell you that a lot of it depends upon you, you cannot be forced into doing something(peer pressure exists only till a certain extent, unless you easily give into it soon). If you think you have good self control and have a zeal towards studying and securing a good future, I dont think you should fall back just because few people there do drugs/alcohol etc.
It is certain that they're only few who indulge in such activities, and such things happen in most institutes(though others dont have that bad reputation as manipal as they probably are more strict). And if you have personally heard about graduates from Manipal doing well, i think it is a good option for you to pursue mechanical from there(cut off rank will be around 5000)

Coming to SRM university, It is a good private university, was rated the best private university last year and is famous for the exposure the students get there. Placement wise the university is only average, not much news about the students unlike manipal which implies it is a decent college and a peaceful place to study without much distractions.

Eventually the decision should be made on the basis of your willingness to join either of these, education wise both are good, no considerable difference and your career wont have a significant difference by choosing between these two.

Good luck
24th May 2012, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

I have got done my counselling at VIT, Chennai Campus in Mechanical Engg this year. I have also got 3500 rank in MIT, Manipal. If I get Mech Engg at MIT, Manipal, what should I do? To join Manipal or VIT, Vellore
Manish
26th May 2012, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

I heard MIT is not good for girls true ? Culture ?
27th May 2012, 12:27 AM
ab7777

Quote:
I heard MIT is not good for girls true ? Culture ?
There are a lot of rumours about several colleges in our country. Not every is true, infact most are not true, most are initiated by other competitor colleges to bring the other's image down, its almost like dirty policy.

If you ever want to know the truth about the college, you truly have to ask someone who studies there or has in the past as they'll have the exact idea about each and everything.

Coming to your query, i havent ever heard a thing about MIT not being good for girls or boys. I have been researching on it myself for a long time now, have spoken to seniors who are in the college and they say there's nothing wrong with the college, its good and has a bad reputation just based on mere rumours. But it frankly depends upon you at the end of the day, you can get spoilt if you wish to, it is your character and nature that will further shape things up for you. every college has good and bad students, it completely depends upon you as an individual to be a good student.

Again culture wise, will depend upon the company you keep, though no one can force you to do things, you might get influenced by your friends so be wise in choosing your friends and MIT will be great for you.

Good luck
14th June 2012, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

vit chennai eee, mit manipal production or bms college of engin
eering chemical which is the best option for a girl?
17th June 2012, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

i have attended counselling in both colleges got eee in manipal for my rank and cse in srm and i am in a dilemma which college to opt....pls give me an answer taking into account the studies,placement,salary packages,exposure,branch importance as fees isn't a problem to me.thank you
11th August 2012, 04:26 PM
nkarthic95

Quote:
Good afternoon sir/madam
my ranking is

SRM university
MIT, Manipal
VIT,Vellore

SRM has been ranked top in the India, also it has a good Placement record, Most of my Friends are Studying there and have been recruited for higher Salaries in Reputed Companies.
And MIT is taking up its pride nowadays.
I wouldnt Recommend VIT., Coz they have a fake Placement Statistics and a Fake Ranking by Bribing the Magazines..

And Well, All the 3 varsities are AICTE Approved, also NBA Accrediated.
11th August 2012, 04:30 PM
nkarthic95

Quote:
sir plzz can u tell me wat r the minimum marks required in vit entrance to get admission ther for b tech...?
U have to crack the Entrance within 500 for fee Waivers.
And Most of the Students Enter the College on Management [95%]

Management Seat Costs Starting from 8 Lakhs [Donation] for BTech with 1.5L/year

And if you have secured 90% and above., then You can also opt for MS(Software Engg) in VIT. It will Lower your Cost in VIT..
16th November 2012, 10:34 AM
wish kaushik

Cool Re: Which one should I prefer, VIT Vellore, MIT Manipal and SRM Chennai? Is it safe to get admitted in private deemed universities because they dont come under AICTE?

obviously VIT is way way better than mit or srm !!

in both of them students enter with management quota place ment even sucks !!

in VIT has 98% placement and 311% job offers ie on a average each student gets 3.11 job offers !!

google microsoft yahoo ebay and this year for the first time in india apple inc visited any college in india ie vit
24th December 2012, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

is it a bad decision to join srm because it is a deemed university?? and how much marks are required in the entrance to get a seat??
26th April 2013, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

which one should i choose among MIT,VIT VELLORE,SRM,IISC BANGALORE,NIT(warrangal,suratkal)...when i' m neither specific for any branch nor for only btech...i only only wanted to study well and persue a good degree which is good for both further studies and placements....and i'm sure that i can get admission in all the above specified institutes by me...
and plz give rankings for all those!
26th April 2013, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

which is better among VIT Vellore,MIT,SRM,IISc Bangalore and NIT (warrangal,suratkal,trichy) when i'm neither specific for any branch nor for only btech !(And I'm pretty sure that i can get admission in all of them with good score)
plz list them accordingly!
1st May 2013, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

whichis better srm or vit?
1st May 2013, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 28000 rank in srm what are my chance for getting admission in it please reply as soon
6th May 2013, 02:45 PM
kince

Quote:
sir i got 28000 rank in srm what are my chance for getting admission in it please reply as soon
U can get a management seat where u have to pay 2lack per year. Its exluding hostel fee. I had gone to srm a few days back to inquire. Most of the professors and seniors told me to try in VIT. Because they say VIT has most exposure.
7th May 2013, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

SRM VS VIT VELLORE. WHICH IS BETTER? I GOT 15450 RANK IN SRM? I AM CONFUSED. THEY CHARGE 2L PER YEAR FOR MY RANK ALSO AND FOR 28000 RANK PERSON ALSO. THEN WHERE IS THE FEE DIFFERENCE? VIT VELLORE IS BETTER THAN SRM? PLS SUGGEST.
9th May 2013, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

MY SON GOT 9423 RANK IN SRMEEE, WHETHER SRM IS BETTER THAN MANIPAL OR VIT . WHETHER SRM IS BETTER THAN PVT COLLEGES OF KARNATKA(RV, PESET OR RAMAI?
9th May 2013, 05:08 PM
animeshgr

MY SON HAS GOT 9234 RANK IN SRM, WHETHER IT IS B ETTER THAN MANIPAL OR NOT? PL GIVE ME COMPARISON WITH TOP ENGINEERING COLLEGES OF KARNATKA viz RV, RAMAIAH, PESIT
12th May 2013, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

which is truly better,MIT or VIT?have heard that VIT gives false information about its placement,is this true?
24th May 2013, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

What if a college is not aicte approved? Is vit aicte approve? In prospectus of vit nowhere is written that vit is aicte approved. However on website of vit i found ithat vit is aicte approved but in list of aicte it is not there? Is vit fake about it's aicte approval?
24th May 2013, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

srm vs MIT WHICH IS BETTER?
24th May 2013, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

I think Srm is better tHan Mit or vit cos this college is building itself into a great university in terms of placement
as well as faculty
25th May 2013, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

sir i got 5900 rank in MIT. is it a good university in terms of campus, placement and studies?
25th May 2013, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

I have got 1186 rank in Manipal, 3860 rank in SRM and 22000 rank in VIT. Seeing the last yr cut off, i may get any stream in Manipal and SRM, while in VIT options are only in Chennai campus....which college is better from acedamics, infrastructure, Faculty and placement point of view? Pls advise
26th May 2013, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

MY SON HAS GOT MECHANIACL BTECH SEAT AT VIT/
NOW HE GOT A RANK BY WHICH HE WILL B GETTNG BTECH MECHNICAL SEAT AT MIT MANIPAL
WHICH ONE SHOULD I PREFER
PL REPLY EARLY AS I NEED TO DECIDE FAST
THANKS
27th May 2013, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

MY SON HAS GOT MECHANIACL BTECH SEAT AT VIT/
NOW HE GOT A RANK BY WHICH HE WILL B GETTNG BTECH MECHNICAL SEAT AT MIT MANIPAL
WHICH ONE SHOULD I PREFER
PL REPLY EARLY AS I NEED TO DECIDE FAST
THANKS
27th May 2013, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

is CSE in manipal MIT a good option???what r d packages & job opportunities?
28th May 2013, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

i have got 23181 rank in manipal.do i stand a chance to get btech in mechanical.is mit a good college?
28th May 2013, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i have got 11k in manipal and 30k in srm.....................for which should i goo....i dont want to goo too far...but stil which is better sir plzz help...
29th May 2013, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

guys, i got 2.4k in both srm and manipal...in vit my rank is low, so i'm getting chennai campus..but i heard vit chennai campus is not that good...but in srm and manipal, i'm sure that i'll get the main campuses...so which college should i prefer amongst the three?
30th May 2013, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

i have got 2816 in SRM , 1719 in Manipal and 20052 in VIT Vellore, I want to do Computer science only, which is my best option ?
9th June 2013, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

MY SON GOT MIT 16800 RANK WHICH STEAM IS BETTER AND CAMPUS. HOW MAY TOLTAL BRANCH WISE SAET AVAILABLE IN ALL 3 CAMPUS WITH CUTOF PLZ
16th June 2013, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi. My son has got admission in both SRM and MIT Manipal in Mechatronics. I would like to know, how good is Mechatronics and and out of the two institutes, which is better?
19th June 2013, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
for m.tech in VLSI i got good rank in VIT and MIT so which one should i choose .?
26th June 2013, 12:19 AM
nikki.singh1995

vit is completely a fake college vit only knows the language of money nthing else it is the most cheapest college i have ever seen hey mr. kaushik in vit more than half of the students are from management quota n i think u must be from management quota its all placements are also fake . vit is just a imported begger so students plz go for mit if u dont have money prob. its much better than vit
8th December 2013, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

VIT VELLLORE OR VIT CHENNAI IS BETTER as far as academics is concerned?
faculty? placements? culture?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?