3rd August 2011, 01:51 AM
Dipstick

Which paper of GATE should a Electronics and Instrumentation student appear?

I am perseuing my b.tech degree from electronics and istrumentation engineering..its my 3rd year.. and want to appear for gate examination. Since there is no saperate paper for electronics and instrumentation engineering...i need your advice to appear for which paper ? instrumentaion engineering one or the electronics and communication engineering ?

Related Questions:
  1. Best books to be referred fro student electronics and instrumentation department for GATE exam
  2. Any separate paper for applied electronics and instrumentation engineering students in GATE?
  3. GATE Electronics and Communications after Non-Electronics studies in graduation and post graduation?
  4. List of the IITs, NITs and other major universities which offer M.Tech program in Instrumentation Stream? Cutoff GATE score for each institute? For what all institutes can an Instrumentation student apply?
  5. Can I write electronics and communication GATE exam if I am a Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering student
  6. How to do M.Tech in Aeronautical Instrumentation after doing B.Tech Electronics and Instrumentation engineering
  7. Which books to be referred for GATE exam? I am an electronics and instrumentation student -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Subject wise books for GATE Instrumentation 2015 exam
  9. What kind of posts are available in PSU through GATE for Electronics and Instrumentation students? -- [New]
  10. What is the full syllabus for GATE and PSU exam? I am a 3rd year student from Applied electronics and instrumentation engineering
  11. Previous 10 year Question Papers and Syllabus of GATE Exam for Instrumentation Engineering?
  12. Which branch is better for GATE, either EC branch or EI branch? I'm a student in NIT(Rourkela) in 3rd year with 9.46 CG
  13. How to study M.Tech in electronics after passing electronics and instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for GATE?
  14. JNTU B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering 1st Sem Industrial Instrumentation Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Possibility to study M.Tech in Avionics after completing B.Tech in Electronics Engineering?
  16. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and syllabus of GAIL Executive Trainee recruitment exam?
  17. Syllabus of GATE Instrumentation entrance exam? Which books to refer?
  18. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering question papers of last 5 years for GATE
24th September 2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which paper of GATE should a Electronics and Instrumentation student appear?

I am perseuing my b.tech degree from electronics engineering..its my final year.. and want to appear for gate examination. i need your advice to appear for which paper ? can i appear for instrumentation paper
15th October 2011, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which paper of GATE should a Electronics and Instrumentation student appear?

No u Can"t ......u can apply for only electronics..
16th October 2011, 12:40 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, as you are belong to Electronics and Instrumentation engineering.

so for GATE exam purpose, there have two subjects choice

>>Electronics.

>>instrumentation.

you can chose any one of the papers.

for more information regarding gate exam please check-http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/

all the best.......
31st October 2011, 12:26 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

GATE i.e Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering examination was conducted by the different Indian Institute of Technologies.

Eligibility for GATE :-

The Bachelor's degree in any branch of engineering/technology/architecture from a recognized university or deemed university.

The Post graduate degree in any branch of science/mathematics/statistics/computer science from a recognized university or deemed university.

The candidate who are appeared or appearing in the final examination can also apply for this examination.

There is no percentage bar required for this examination and graduation is required to apply for this examination.

The candidate can attempts no.of times of this examination and there is no restrictions about this examination.

But,those in the pre-final year of graduate degree are not eligible to apply for this examination.

Important dates of this examination :-

Date of Online application :- 12/Sept/11

Last date of online application :- 21/Oct/11

Date of Online examination :- 29/01/12

Date of Offline examination :- 12/02/11

More details,Visit the official website :- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/impor
30th January 2012, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

hello i m a student of electrical and electronics dept can i seat for instrumentation paper in gate??
22nd February 2012, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

which subjects should we study for gates in electronics and communication engineering?????
28th August 2012, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

will the instrumentation gate exam use to join the atomic power station?
23rd September 2013, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of aeie 3rd year.can i go for mtech program in ee branch through gate.
2nd December 2014, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

i want to appear for gate exam..i am a instrumentation student so which paper i have to select for this and which would be a better one?
19th May 2018, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

I am student studying my final year in BTech. I am pursuing Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. Which stream can I apply in GATE 2019?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?