28th August 2018, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 10th CBSE to join Indian Air Force?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying in 10th standard with CBSE stream. I am preparing for the Board exam. My dream is to join Indian Air Force. So, please help me to know that what percentage is required in 10th standard with CBSE Board to join Indian Air Force?

29th August 2018, 11:23 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th CBSE to join Indian Air Force?

In order to join Indian Air Force, the candidate has to appear in NDA examination that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of April and September.
Only those candidates are eligible to appear in this examination who have completed their 12th standard with PCM from recognised board with minimum 60% marks.
29th August 2018, 11:08 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that you are not eligible to apply for Air Force only after completing 10th board.
You have to complete 12th first.
Most important thing is that you have to complete 12th from Science stream having PCM as main subject from 60% aggregate.
Age criteria- 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
30th August 2018, 12:11 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in entrance examination for Indian Air Force recruitment.

NDA is National Defence Academy and examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for selection as an officer.

The minimum required qualification is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper. The age limit is 16.5 - 19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in examination. The examination is conducted in two stages and you are not eligible to appear in examination now. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th August 2018, 11:20 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No specific percentage in 10th standard is required to join in Indian Air Force. To join Indian Air Force, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board. So, being a 10th standard student, you have to complete 10th standard and pursue 11th and 12th standard from a Government recognised board to be eligible to apply in NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?