9th November 2019, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 12th Science to join NDA?

Sir/Madam, I am a student of 12th standard and I have scored 51% marks in my 10th standard. After completing my 12th, I want to join NDA. I am a Science student and I want to know what percentage I have to score in my 12th to join NDA?

13th November 2019, 05:01 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th Science to join NDA?

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC.

It is conducted twice in a year. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

Candidates with passing marks in std 10th and 12th are eligible to appear in the examination for more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th November 2019, 07:44 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year. Candidates who have done 12th with English as one of the compulsory subject can apply for this exam.

For Navy and Indian Air Force, Mathematics and Physics subject is compulsory. You just need to have passing percentage of marks in 12th. The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply.
14th November 2019, 07:21 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands National Defence Academy and to join the same one is required to qualify the NDA examination held twice every year by UPSC.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education. But, in order to join Indian Navy or Indian Air Force wings of NDA, one must have opted for Physics and Mathematics as main subjects in their Class 12th.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 12th to be eligible to apply for NDA examination then there is no such requirement of the minimum marks in Class 12th to be eligible for appearing in the same examination.

For more details regarding the NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th November 2019, 08:28 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum required aggregate in std 10th or std 12th to appear in the NDA examination.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination. The examination is conducted in two stages. Candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages of the examination for final selection.

For more information about the syllabus and other information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2019, 10:21 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and to join the same you are required to clear NDA examination.

Further, the basic education required to be eligible for appearing in NDA examination is just a Class 12th (i.e; higher secondary school degree) in any stream from a recognized board of education. Students are allowed to appear in the same examination while pursuing their Class 12th final year too.

So, as far as you are concerned about the minimum marks which you need to manage in your Class 12th in order to become eligible for NDA examination then there is no such requirement and therefore once you complete your Class 12th, you will be eligible to appear in NDA examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.
15th November 2019, 01:17 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

NDA/NA is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year.

1. You must have minimum passing percentage of marks in senior secondary board examination to apply for NDA exam.

2. Age limit is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

You can apply for exam even if you score 40% marks in 12th board exam. Your aim should be to score as much as possible.
15th November 2019, 03:17 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum percentage of marks criteria to apply for NDA Exam.

All candidates who have completed 10+2 with any percentage of marks or pursuing final year of 10+2 are eligible to apply for NDA Exam.

Candidates with Mathematics and Physics subjects in 10+2 are eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force wings.

Candidates with any of the specialization are eligible to apply for Army wing.

One should be in the age group of 16.5 years to 19.5 years to take this exam.

In addition, candidate should be unmarried male to apply for this Exam.

Female candidates are not allowed to take this Exam.

NDA Exam will be conducted by UPSC twice a year.

For this year, the last date to apply for NDA II Exam is already over.

I would suggest you to have good preparation for upcoming NDA Exam and crack it.
15th November 2019, 03:20 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

As far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 12th to be eligible for joining NDA (National Defence Academy), then there is no such requirement and therefore any Class 12th passed candidate in any discipline are eligible to join NDA by qualifying NDA examination held by UPSC provided the candidate satisfies eligibility criteria other than educational qualification too.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?