27th July 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Is a person eligible for IAS exam after completing B.Com degree from lateral entry?

If student complete her b.com degree by joined as lateral entry due to diploma so she is eligible to appear i.a.s exam at present she is doing m.com final year

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for CAT ? I'm doing BCA (2nd yr) Lateral entry After completing Diploma.
  2. How can I join IIT after passing diploma? I am a 3rd year diploma in civil engineering
  3. Exam details for admission of lateral entry after 1st year of diploma?
  4. Eligibility for B.Tech Architecture through JELET for Diploma holder?
  5. What is the procedure followed for getting lateral entry B.E admission?
  6. How to join B.Tech course after completion of B.Sc? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. List of entrance exams to study B.Tech for Diploma in CSE student?
  8. Lateral entry colleges in Uttar Pradesh? Eligibility for lateral entry into B.Tech?
  9. Eligibility for entrance exam for admission into lateral entry for graduation after diploma in Mechanical engineering from PUSA polytechnic? -- [New]
  10. Am I eligible to do MCA in lateral entry after completing BSc IT? Colleges or universities providing MCA lateral entry? Details about their placements?
  11. Am I eligible to join part time BE course in civil engineering after completing vocational course in rural technology and B.Com lateral entry?
  12. Am I eligible for lateral entry after completing Kerala Polytechnic 3 years diploma
  13. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  14. What should I do after diploma in computer science?
  15. Is there any lateral entry exam for MCA admission in Anna University?
  16. After completing diploma from Bangalore will I be allowed for lateral entry exam?
  17. Duration of Diploma in Civil Engineering after 12th?
  18. What should I do after completion of IT diploma course?
27th July 2011, 11:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a person eligible for IAS exam after completing B.Com degree from lateral entry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If student complete her b.com degree by joined as lateral entry due to diploma so she is eligible to appear i.a.s exam at present she is doing m.com final year
dear friend,

after completion of your graduation you are eligible for IAS exam. the IAS exam criteria is given below.

Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government are eligible for appear in IAS exams.

Age limits -

21-30 years as on (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.

Attempts -

The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

Number of Exams -

Preliminary Examination - It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination - It consists of written examination and interview.

All the best.
28th July 2011, 01:04 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a person eligible for IAS exam after completing B.Com degree from lateral entry?

Quote:
Yes, Definitely You are eligible to apply for IAS Examination, if you have done your B.com Course form Lateral Entry.

So, If your Aim is to become IAS Officer in future then for this you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination and To apply for this examination you need a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

Eligiblity Criteria -

>>> You need to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.
>>> Your age should be 21 to 30 years.
>>> Final year graduate degree candidates are also eligible.

So, If you have completed your Graduation degree course through Lateral Entry then please dont worry because you have completed your Graduation course, so you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

For this year the examination was already completed, So If you are Interested to apply for This examination, then please apply for this examination Next year the Notification was Published in the month of February in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Official website.

Eligible candidates may apply for this examination online OR can Purchase the application from from the post offices.

General candidates will gets 4 attempts to Crack this examination.

And for More Information please check the UPSC Website OR Read the given notification -

http://upsc.gov.in
28th July 2011, 08:21 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam
After complete your graduation in Commerce

Criteria for IAS :-

* Candidate pass graduation
*Age- 21 to 30 years
age relaxation as per govt. rules

any doubt see web site:-
www.upsc.gov.in
28th July 2011, 11:55 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Is a person eligible for IAS exam after completing B.Com degree from lateral entry?

Yes, you are surely eligible for the ias exam.

i give you the basic eligiblity critera.

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011
(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
28th July 2011, 12:15 PM
Sivaramansankar

Thumbs up Re: Is a person eligible for IAS exam after completing B.Com degree from lateral entry?

ya, of course. He/she is eligible for ias exam. It requires only one degree completion. so that B.com completing student eligible for ias exam. Final year students also eligible for ias exams.
28th July 2011, 12:18 PM
Sivaramansankar

Thumbs up Re: Is a person eligible for IAS exam after completing B.Com degree from lateral entry?

ya, of course. He/she is eligible for ias exam. It requires only one degree completion. so that B.com completing student eligible for ias exam. Final year students also eligible for ias exams.

For more details contact: http://upsc.gov.in
29th July 2011, 01:46 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for IAS entrance exam.

For your information UPSC conducts entrance exam for IAS every year.if you are intrested in IAS then you have to apply for this entrance exam.

Eligibility criteria for IAS-

Candidate must have Graduation and you are Graduate so you are eligible for thie exam.

You can also apply for this exam in final year of your graduation.

Age limit for this exam is 21-30 year.

IAS exam contains two exams-Preliminiary exam and Main exam.first you have to write for Preliminiary exam after that you can apply for Main exam.you can't apply directly for main exam.
29th July 2011, 10:00 PM
Vikas Abhishek

Quote:
Hi friend,you have done your B.com from lateral entry,so you need not worry because you are eligible for IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC.

You should fulfil these two criteria to appear in the exam:-
1.You should have done your graduation from any discipline from a recognised university.
2.Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Age limit:-
1.General candidates-30 years.
2.OBC candidates-33 years.
3.SC/ST candidates-35 years.

Number of attempts that a candidate can give:-
1.General candidates-4
2.OBC candidates-7
3.SC/ST candidates-No limit.
6th August 2011, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have completed graduate Diploma of 3 years regular after 10 2. and After my graduate diploma, i have completed MBA through distance education of 2 years.

Now, Am I eligible for CIVILs? Pls advise.
24th August 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Am doing my final year graduation through distance education ., and am 22years am i eligible to apply for the 2012 ias exams
5th September 2011, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

Hai,

I hav completed my diploma as lateral entry,and if i join BCA as lateral entry am i eligible for writing civil service examinations...
5th September 2011, 01:43 PM
vijendradutt

As you have done your B.com from lateral entry,so you don't have to worry about it because you are eligible for IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC.As,it require minimum graduation from UGC recognised university.So,You are eligible for the same.

So,just be free and apply for the same.....

And also best of luck for the career.
5th September 2011, 04:05 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you are eligible to appear in IAS exam after completion of B.Com course..
It does not matter that how you have complete your graduation..

So, you are surely eligible to appear in IAS exam..
Eligibility criteria:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade...
*The candidate should not have any due backlogs during graduation.
*The candidates age should be in between 21-30 years..
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years..

As you are doing your graduation then after completion of your graduation you can appear in IAS exam..
All the best..
5th September 2011, 05:39 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If student complete her b.com degree
According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate appearing for the Civil Service Exams should satisfy these minimum criterias..
1)she should have a graduate degree from a recognized college in India..
2) she should be withing the age limit of 21-30 years and she has a maximum of 4 attempts for clearing the exam..

so,if she has a graduate degree from a recognized college then she is definitely eligible for giving the exam.
5th September 2011, 08:47 PM
malek basit

hello friends....

Nationality ::

For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
For other services, a candidate must be either:
A citizen of India, or
a subject of Nepal, or
a subject of Bhutan, or
a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.

A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
5th September 2011, 08:53 PM
malek basit

Cool Re: Is a person eligible for IAS exam after completing B.Com degree from lateral entry?

Dear friends....

Restrictions on applying for the examination :

-> A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.

In case such a candidate is appointed to the IAS/IFS after the Preliminary Examination of Civil Services Examination, 2011 is over and he/she continues to be a member of that service, he/she shall not be eligible to appear in the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2011 notwithstanding his/her having qualified in the Preliminary Examination, 2011.

Also provided that if such a candidate is appointed to IAS/IFS after the commencement of the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2011 but before the result thereof and continues to be a member of that service, he/she shall not be considered for appointment to any service/post on the basis of the result of this examination viz. Civil Services Examination, 2011

Physical Standards :

-> Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination. 2010 as per guidelines given in Appendix-III of Rules for Examination published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 2nd Jan, 2011

that is fully information ok thanxxx

Regards
malek Basit:-)
5th September 2011, 09:12 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

yes, you are eligible for this aspect. The eligible criteria for IAS(INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) ARE GIVEN BELOW...

1.Age Limit :-
21-30

2.Number of attempt :-
General-4 times
OBC/SC/St--in between this time any number of time.

3.Examination pattern :-
Generally IAS exam consist three process follows.They are given below..
I>Preliminary examination - generally consists of MCQ(Multiple choice question)
II>Main examination - depend upon your choice of subject.
III>Interview - at last you have to give interview, after clearing the above two aspect.

you can also visit and download previous year question papers from the following sites.The web-sites are given below...

http://upsc.gov.in
or
http://upscportal.gov.in

all the very best my friend.
good day.
5th September 2011, 09:59 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

A degree from the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India is the necessary educational qualification
other quqlification includes
you need to be Indian
you must not exceeded 30 years of age
relaxation is there for BC ,SC ,ST and PH category people
as you have completed your degree you are eligible to appear in the UPSC exam for ias post.lateral entry do not make any complication in your eligibility
6th September 2011, 12:55 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

yes for sure you are eligible for the ias after your graduation completion.

completion of the graduation is the minimum requirement of the ias exam.
graduation from any recognized indian university with the age between 21 to 30 years can apply for the ias exam.

for more information kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
20th May 2012, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

i have completed M.A from Madurai Kamaraj University through lateral entry without pursuing B.A. Is it I am eligible for IAS competitve exam?
25th May 2012, 10:26 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Yes,
After B.Com degree you are applicable for IAS exam.But your age should be between 21 to 30 years old age relaxation provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per government rules.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC one time in a year through Civil Service Examination.So,you must attend in CSAT exam.

Those candidates are graduate from any recvognized university with any decipline are eligible for IAS exam.There is no percentage of marks criteria.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is unlimited.For OBC candidates it is 7 years and general candidates it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen of India.

For more details about IAS exam click the below link:
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

All the best.......................
20th February 2015, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

If a student is doing B.Com lateral entry then he is eligible for doing MBA from IIM through CAT or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?