19th August 2019, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Are Physically Handicapped candidates allowed to appear for NDA exams?

Hi, I am partial physically handicapped candidate. Am I allowed to appear for the NDA examination in the upcoming exam session? Is there any reservation or relaxation for physically handicapped candidates in NDA?

22nd August 2019, 08:07 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are Physically Handicapped candidates allowed to appear for NDA exams?

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for selection in defence service.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male and physically fit candidates are eligible.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination for the selection in defence service.
22nd August 2019, 08:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are Physically Handicapped candidates allowed to appear for NDA exams?

NDA is National Defence Academy. It is conducted twice in a year by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that only male candidates, physically fit and pursuing or passed 12th to appear for the examination.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Examination is conducted in two stages. So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd August 2019, 09:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No, Physically handicapped candidates (whether partially or completely disabled) are not eligible for joining NDA (National Defense Academy) or any other defense services jobs as for the defense jobs, physical and mental fitness as per the service standards is compulsory.

For more details and FAQs regarding NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
17th October 2019, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

If i am a partially physically challenged but fully fit can i apply for nda
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?