15th August 2019, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to join Indian Army with less score in 12th Mathematics?

My self Abhisek Pundir and I have completed my 12th with PCM but I got less marks in Mathematics. My question to you is that can I join Army with Physics and Chemistry in good trade or in can I serve for Indian Army at Officer rank? If yes, then how?

20th August 2019, 07:36 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Army with less score in 12th Mathematics?

Yes, you can join in Indian Army even if you have less score in 12th standard. To join Indian Army, you have to appear in UPSC NDA examination. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a recognised board and you should be an unmarried male candidate in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years. You should be physically as well as mentally healthy. No percentage criteria is required to apply for UPSC NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
21st August 2019, 07:01 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Army with less score in 12th Mathematics?

Yes, there is no such required certain marks for Maths subject to appear for Defence exams. However, you must have passed Maths subject to be eligible for exams.

After passing 12th standard, you can apply for NDA exam that is conducted by UPSC every year twice for entry to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing.

However, you won't get Officer rank directly after qualifying NDA exam. You will undergo training that is conducted in NDA campus for 3-4 years depending upon wing.

To qualify NDA exam, you need to qualify these stages:
  • Written Exam
  • SSB Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?