10th December 2018, 10:03 AM
Sunil kumara ka

Possibility to join Indian Military Academy for BCom graduate?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have completed my BCom in this year. My aim is to join Indian Military Academy. I would like to know that is it possible for me now to join this Academy? Please help me to know about this immediately. Thank you!

15th December 2018, 12:26 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Military Academy for BCom graduate?

Being a graduate candidate to join Indian Military Academy (IMA), you are required to qualify CDS (Combined Defence Services) entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Apart from your educational qualification, to join IMA, you need to be a citizen of India with your age in between 20 years to 24 years. You must also hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding the CDS entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 02:41 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for recruitment in I.M.A. The examination is conducted by UPSC as CDS for the recruitment.

CDS is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit is 19-25 years. Examination is conducted in two stages. Candidates have to appear and qualify in all stages for final selection. To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 05:27 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

CDS is Combined Defence Service. It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The examination is conducted for recruitment in IAF, IMA, INA and OTA.

The eligibility to appear for the IMA is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit is 19-25 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for the IMA examination. After qualifying in Written and SSB become eligible for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 06:15 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, B.Com graduate are eligible to join IMA after bachelor degree through CDS entry.

It is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in two stages. For IMA there is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree. The age limit is 19-24 years.

Candidates also have to qualify the physical fitness for final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 06:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) which is one of the four wings of CDS ( Combined Defense Services, you are required to qualify CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

--> The minimum qualifications required to appear in CDS entrance examination to join IMA are as below :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 20 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must hold the physical fitness as well as medical standards as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a B.Com degree holder, you are eligible to join if you hold requirements other than the educational qualification also.

For more details regarding the CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 07:43 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Military Academy being a B.Com graduate. To join Indian Military Academy, you have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC. Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for CDS examination for joining in Indian Military Academy. The age criteria required to join Indian Military Academy through CDS examination is 19 to 24 years.
15th December 2018, 08:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Combined Defence Services examination conducted by UPSC for joining Indian Military Academy after Bachelor of commerce.

You will have to wait for next CDS notification to apply for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?