14th September 2019, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to join NDA after Diploma in Computer Science?

My son has completed his 10th Board exams and instead of doing Intermediate he wants to pursue a three year Diploma course in Computer Science. Is it possible to join NDA after this?

21st September 2019, 11:48 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join NDA after Diploma in Computer Science?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join NDA, the minimum education required is a regular Class 12th i.e; intermediate or higher secondary school degree from a recognized board of education.

So, having opted for three year diploma in computer science course instead of regular intermediate studies, you are not eligible for appearing in the NDA examination.

For more details regarding NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
21st September 2019, 04:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join NDA after Diploma in Computer Science?

NDA examination is conducted for recruitment in defence service.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in two stages for final selection. So, candidates with diploma qualification are not eligible to appear in the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?