23rd April 2015, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to join NDA for Civil Engineering Diploma 5th semester candidate?

Hi
Now I'm doing Diploma Civil Engineering in 5th semester.
Well I want to join NDA after my this Diploma.
So, can you let me know that is this possible for me?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and negative marking scheme in LEET for Civil Engineering Diploma 5th semester student?
  2. Can I do my bachelor degree abroad after doing diploma in 5th semester Civil Engineering?
  3. How can I join summer training after completing 5th semester in diploma in civil
  4. How can I apply for training while in 5th semester of civil engineering
  5. How to join NDA or IMA after diploma in civil engineering?
  6. Possibility to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering through correspondence for 26 years old Civil Draftsman?
  7. Procedure to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 5th semester BE in Electronics and Instrumentation? Information regarding University Entry Scheme?
  8. Can I get admission to B.Tech 5th semester after completion of three years diploma course?
  9. Procedure to join Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 5th semester of B.Tech course with an age of 22 years?
  10. Can I join engineering 5th semester after PUC? I am a diploma student in computer science department
  11. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  12. Last 10 years question papers of Diploma in Civil Engineering
  13. Can I get a job in Navy after scoring 66.82% in 5th semester of Mechanical Engineering diploma
  14. 5th semester diploma previous years question papers in electronics engineering?
  15. How to join NDA after completing diploma? I am studying civil diploma 2nd year in ICE
  16. Last 3 years question papers of diploma civil engineering 5 semesters? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to join TATA company? I have 6 months industrial training for 5th semester
  18. Possibility to become an Architecture for Civil Engineering Diploma candidate?
26th April 2015, 09:33 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to join NDA for Civil Engineering Diploma 5th semester candidate?

Diploma studying candidates are not eligible to apply. To apply for NDA exam, you should have completed 10+2 pattern from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. But, after completing 12th examination you are definitely eligible to apply for NDA examination. Intermediate is not equivalent to diploma course. Both are different.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA:
  • You must be citizen of India.
  • You should have passed intermediate from a reputed Institution.
  • Your age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.
  • No age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories.
  • Those who are studying in the final year of board exam may also apply.
  • You must be unmarried male candidates to apply for this examination. Female candidates are ineligible to apply.

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
26th April 2015, 10:30 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join NDA for Civil Engineering Diploma 5th semester candidate?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the age of 19 years.

3. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Army Wing :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.
--> For Air Force and Naval Wings :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

If you had pursued 12th standard from a recognised board , then, only you are eligible to appear in NDA examination else, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination.
26th April 2015, 11:06 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear you are eligible to apply for the NDA examination with Diploma course in Civil Engineering. In the notification it only mentioned that only the candidates who have completed 12th from the recognized university are only eligible to apply for the NDA or any equivalent of examination.

In addition to,you need to fulfill some other eligibility criteria (Age criteria and Marital Status ). So you age should be in these limits otherwise you are not eligible to apply for NDA.

Age should be in between these Limits

--> Minimum Age limit --- 16 1/2 years

--> Maximum Age limit --- 19 years

Only the Male Unmarried candidates are eligible to apply. Female candidates are not eligible for NDA.

For the notification details regarding NDA you can keep on visit the official website of UPSC.
26th April 2015, 12:33 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry to say that Diploma holders are not eligible to appear in NDA (National Defense Academy) Entrance Examination. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for NDA Entrance Examination is "12th Class PASS in 10+2" pattern from a recognized university. Candidates who are doing Diploma or Completed Diploma in "10+3 Pattern" are not at all eligible to join NDA Entrance Examination. As you are willing to join Army Wing or Air Force wing or Naval wings, I suggest you to pursue Graduation after Diploma to be eligible for CDS (Combined Defense Services) Examination.

Minimum Educational Qualification Required:

>> 12th Class Pass of the 10+2 Pattern is only accepted.

>> Candidates who are doing/ completed Diploma in 10+3 Pattern are not eligible to appear in NDA Exam.

Click here for NDA & NA Details
26th April 2015, 05:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
You are final year of Diploma course so you are eligible for NDA exam but you can apply Indian Air Force in Technical department.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
15th May 2015, 07:28 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
Sorry to say for NDA ( national defense academy ) you are not eligible. Eligibility for NDA says that " candidate whose age is 16.5-19 years,had done their intermediate or 10+2 in any stream,medically fine in all aspects,must be indian ,free from disease ,unmarried male, are only eligible for NDA.
NDA exam is held two times in a year under upsc as
al NDA I
b) NDA II
30th September 2021, 03:25 AM
Unregistered

I have completed (three year) Civil Engineer Diploma from govt. Istitution .please help me.can I join and eligible for NDA examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?