22nd March 2020, 12:52 PM
Bharath M C

Possibility of lateral entry in MBBS after completion of Bachelor of Physiotherapy?

I want to join MBBS but I'm in third year BPT now and still 20 years old. So is there any chance for lateral entry for MBBS? If so, then what is the process or any exams should be appeared for admission in lateral entry in India or abroad?

27th March 2020, 07:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of lateral entry in MBBS after completion of Bachelor of Physiotherapy?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is an undergraduate degree course of five and a half years (including an year of internship).

Further, the minimum education required to pursue MBBS degree course is a higher secondary school degree course in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate (or 40% in case of reserved category candidates) from a recognised board of education.

So, being a student of Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) course, you are eligible to pursue MBBS degree course if you hold the above mentioned minimum educational qualification irrespective of your highest educational qualification. Also, I would like to let you know that there is no provision of any lateral entry to MBBS degree course for any candidate.
28th March 2020, 04:06 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility of lateral entry in MBBS after completion of Bachelor of Physiotherapy?

There is no lateral entry scheme for MBBS course.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in MBBS course after appearing and qualifying in NTA NEET.

Eligiblility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper with minimum 50% aggregate.

So, you have to appear and qualify in entrance examination for admission in the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?