4th October 2018, 01:38 AM
Hisham123@

Possibility to study MSc(Botany) for BSc graduate with 7 years gap?

Sir/Madam, I have completed my BSc with Botany Honours around 7 years ago. Now, I want to study MSc with same stream. So, with such a long gap in academics, it is possible for me to secure admission?

7th October 2018, 10:10 PM
Subjectexpert

Default Re: Possibility to study MSc(Botany) for BSc graduate with 7 years gap?

Yes,You can definitely take admission to M.Sc. Botany course.

There is no age bar for taking admission in M.Sc.

The gap in your education is not an issue. However you may be required to submit an affidavit when you take admission in M.Sc.

Eligibility For admission to M.Sc. Botany -

B.Sc. Botany/ Life sciences from a recognized university.

Minimum 55% (Relaxation according to university rules)

Admission process is different for each university.
In majority of them Entrance exam is taken for admission and merit is considered.

The above eligibility details are for M.Sc. Botany In Delhi university.
8th October 2018, 12:08 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Master in Science in Botany. It is two year course.

The required eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised board. Gap year is no bar to get admission in the course.

So, you are eligible to apply for admission even after 7 years of completion of bachelor course. You have to fulfill the required admission procedure for admission.
8th October 2018, 08:07 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Being a B.Sc (Honors) degree holder in Botany, you are certainly eligible for pursuing M.Sc in Botany degree course even after a gap of seven years in your academics as gap of academics does not matter for admission to master degree courses in colleges unless there is some maximum age limit for admission in their institute.

Some of the top universities offering M.Sc in Botany degree courses are BHU, DU, etc. and for admission in these institutes you need to qualify their respective admission test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?