20th March 2019, 09:53 AM
Mohit683

Possibility to take Mathematics as an optional subject in UPSC Civil Services Examination for BA graduate who did 12th with PCM stream?

Hello Sir, I want to know that can I take Mathematics as an optional subject in UPSC Civil Services Examination? I have studied BA course. But I did 12th with PCM stream and secured 80% marks. So, is it possible for me to take Mathematics as an optional subject?

31st March 2019, 10:03 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to take Mathematics as an optional subject in UPSC Civil Services Examination for BA graduate who did 12th with PCM stream?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three stages. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years. Candidates are eligible to select the optional paper other than discipline in bachelor degree.

So, you just need to focus on the preparation for the examination, as it requires dedication, determination and devotion to achieve success in the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2019, 04:34 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to take Mathematics as an optional subject in UPSC Civil Services Examination for BA graduate who did 12th with PCM stream?

You are eligible to select any subject from the list of available subject as optional paper.

So, you are eligible to select the Mathematics as optional paper. Civi il Service examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in three stage.

But, you must have good interest as well as knowledge in the subject to qualify in the examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2019, 08:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

It is possible to choose mathematics as an optional paper even though you have completed the bachelor degree in arts.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, you need to prepare for the examination with determination, dedication and devotion to qualify.

The three stages are :- Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

To get more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
1st April 2019, 12:32 PM
Quikri

The Upsc ecam.is conducted in three levels namely prelims ,mains and interview.
The mains exam is subjective in nature and consists of 9 written.exams.
Two papers among the nine are optional subjects.
Coming to your question, as you have completed B.A I I'll not recommend you to chose maths as an optional because the maths which you have in the optional is not definitely of 12th level.
It is of graduation level and moreover consists of complex topics.

And the other con of taking it as an optional is that you won't be getting marks for the steps or equations involved like your board exams .So taking mathematics will be quite risky.
As you are from the humanities background,I suggest you to take an optional from that stream as it would be scoring and easy for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?