28th December 2015, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

New examination pattern of UPSC Civil services? What is the passing criteria of UPSC civil services?

1. New upsc civil services exam scheme.
2. Pasing criteria of upsc civil services.
Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon!

29th December 2015, 07:09 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: New examination pattern of UPSC Civil services? What is the passing criteria of UPSC civil services?

UPSC Civil Services examination is conducted every year and has following examination pattern.

1. Preliminary examination:

It consists of two papers, one is of general studies paper and other is Civil Services aptitude test paper. From 2015 CSAT is made qualifying, a candidate just need to score 33% in this paper.

So, marks in General Studies paper serves as cut off for Mains exam which is next stage of this exam. Cut off marks changes every year.

2. Mains examination.

Those who clear first stage write mains exams which has following pattern:

Paper I and II is of compulsory language paper.

Paper III: Essay.

Paper IV, V, VI, VII: General Studies paper.

Paper VIII, IX: Two optional papers of same subjects of 300 marks each.

Overall mains exam is of 1750 marks.

Last stage of exam is Interview which is 275 marks. Overall it is 2025 marks. If a candidate is able to score more than 1000 marks, most probably he gets a service allotment.
29th December 2015, 12:16 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: New examination pattern of UPSC Civil services? What is the passing criteria of UPSC civil services?

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer's.

The examination pattern is as it is necessary for candidates to qualify in all three stages one after another for final recruitment.

The first two stages are written stage as Preliminary and Mains. The last one is interview.

The syllabus for examination is available at official website with all other details at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th December 2015, 03:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. New upsc civil services exam scheme.
2. Pasing criteria of upsc civil services.
Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon!
If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

For new pattern for Civil Service exam Click Me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?