21st July 2020, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a 30 year old woman to pursue a medical career with MBBS?

I am a 30 year old woman who wanted to become a Doctor but couldn't pursue any course after 12th. Is it possible for me to do MBBS now? Or, is there any medical field courses I could do now?

25th July 2020, 08:02 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a 30 year old woman to pursue a medical career with MBBS?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue MBBS course at the age of 30 years. To get admission in MBBS course in a recognised institutions, you will have to appear and qualify in NTA NEET.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th in PCB with minimum 50% aggregate.

There is no upper age limit to appear in the examination.
28th July 2020, 12:10 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a 30 year old woman to pursue a medical career with MBBS?

The minimum education required pursue MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree course is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects with at least 50% marks (or 40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in aggregate from a recognised board of education.

So, even being 30 years old, you can still pursue MBBS or BDS or BAMS or BHMS or other undergraduate medical degree courses to become a Doctor in different fields later on, if you hold the above mentioned educational qualification.

Also, for pursuing any of the above mentioned degree course in India, you are required to qualify NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) held by NTA once every year. For details regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
29th July 2020, 07:34 PM
doctor sahiba
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 30 year old woman who wanted to become a Doctor but couldn't pursue any course after 12th. Is it possible for me to do MBBS now? Or, is there any medical field courses I could do now?
Yes you are eligible for pursuing MBBS.
It is a undergraduate degree course of duration 4.5 year plus one year of compulsory internship.

For getting admission into mbbs or bds, you need to give the entrance exam NEET, which is conducted by NTA once every year.
The minimum qualification required to be eligible for applying for NEET is=
••Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects from a recognized board. Candidates who are appearing for the class 12 or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply for NEET.
••12th percentage required for NEET are separate for each category=UR - 50%,OBC/SC/ST - 40%,and for PWD - 45%. These eligibility marks in 12th to be considered are aggregate marks only of PCB subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?