31st December 2019, 02:49 AM
anjali8860

Is it possible to appear for UGC NET while continuing my MAH (Master of Arts in History)?

Sir /Ma'am, I am pursuing MAH (Master of Arts in History), 1st year student. I wanted to ask that am I eligible for UGC NET exam or not while being in 2nd year of MAH? What if I cleared my NET examination in my first attempt only? And, which subject option would be best for me in UGC NET?

2nd January 2020, 07:15 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for UGC NET while continuing my MAH (Master of Arts in History)?

Only last year candidates or last year semester students are eligible to apply for UGC NET examination while pursuing their Masters course.
2nd January 2020, 09:15 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for UGC NET while continuing my MAH (Master of Arts in History)?

Only final year candidates are eligible to appear in UGC NET examination.
You will be eligible to appear in this exam in your last year of Masters course.
5th January 2020, 04:15 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

the minimum education required to appearing in UGC NET held by NTA is a master's degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category. Further, candidates can appear in the same examination while pursuing final year of their Master's degree course.

So, you can apply for the UGC NET while being in the second year of your Master's degree course.

Also, I would like to let you know the NET score is valid for 2 years and therefore even if you manage to qualify UGC NET in your first attempt while being in the second year of master degree course, your NET score will be valid for consideration after completion of your Master's degree course.

For more details regarding the same UGC NET and FAQs associated with its eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?